Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 1089398 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #2805 on: September 21, 2013, 07:22:56 PM »
1000 times worse if we don't is all I'm saying.   :thumbsup

;)
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #2806 on: September 21, 2013, 07:27:47 PM »
they're good at that
Caracella and Balmey.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #2807 on: September 21, 2013, 07:29:48 PM »
On ch7 now

Talking about Dusty

Richo says Dusty has been poorly advised, that's the one thing he has taken out of his week. Said he has know idea what's going on with Dusty but reckons he will be staying. Then listed all the reasons why he should stay

Darcy questioned Richo about whether playing group was happy with Dusty and whether they would welcome him back

Richo said absolutely players would welcome Dusty back. Richo then said Dusty caught up with Dimma today

They then replayed part of that the #Discovered segment where Dusty said he owes Tigers and wants to be a Tiger for life and remembered as a team player. Over the top of Dusty talking they played some of this weeks talkback radio calls of fans bag the you know whatskis out of him

To be honest a nothing 4 minutes  ;D

Anything Farcy comments on and questions is worth nothing and time I will never get back in my life.
My farts have more credence.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2808 on: September 21, 2013, 07:38:42 PM »

Anything Farcy comments on and questions is worth nothing and time I will never get back in my life.

In fairness to Darcy; this week he has given Carr some of the best whacks and has made alot of sense about how poorly Dusty has been advised.

He also showed the photo of the brownlow jacket which I certainly think will give tiger fans alot of hope as he suggested and the others agreed. Why would Dusty plan on wearing that jacket if he wasnt intending on staying with Richmond
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #2809 on: September 21, 2013, 07:50:12 PM »

In fairness to Darcy; this week he has given Carr some of the best whacks and has made alot of sense about how poorly Dusty has been advised.

He also showed the photo of the brownlow jacket which I certainly think will give tiger fans alot of hope as he suggested and the others agreed. Why would Dusty plan on wearing that jacket if he wasnt intending on staying with Richmond

Every man and his dog have given Carr a whack this week and rightly so.
Farcy has at least shown logic in this situation rather than skirting on the outside of issues and then raising points that have no relevance to anything.

Online Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #2810 on: September 21, 2013, 07:57:20 PM »
I Like Beer :cheers

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2811 on: September 21, 2013, 08:24:11 PM »
Here's the photo (albeit blurry) ...

http://instagram.com/p/ehKrElsZAD/#
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2812 on: September 21, 2013, 08:29:23 PM »
Here's the photo (albeit blurry) ...

http://instagram.com/p/ehKrElsZAD/#

Maybe I should be on Instagram  :rollin

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #2813 on: September 21, 2013, 08:40:08 PM »
No time for all this media poop, Facebook I got hooked into and I don't mind my little tiger group, actually they are pi55 funny, out living today! Love dustbin want him back  but this media crop drives me mad, twitter was well named that's for sure!

Offline Golfprotiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Risking Head and Shin
« Reply #2814 on: September 21, 2013, 09:13:53 PM »
Darcy questioned Richo about whether playing group was happy with Dusty and whether they would welcome him back ....

He never  left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited: avoiding swear filter
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 09:15:44 PM by WilliamPowell »
Tommy Hafey - "There's nothing more tiger-ish than a bloody tiger, a wounded tiger''

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2815 on: September 21, 2013, 10:09:48 PM »
Darcy questioned Richo about whether playing group was happy with Dusty and whether they would welcome him back ....

He never  left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited: avoiding swear filter

heard that

gee he is a grade tool that darcy

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2816 on: September 21, 2013, 10:30:58 PM »
Just going to the break BT said coming after the break .. Blah, blah and Stevo with all the news and another shot of dusty

Looks like we are going to get another "Dusty Update"

:rollin :rollin

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #2817 on: September 21, 2013, 10:34:09 PM »
Let's not forget BT raising his voice a few octaves to try and give seriousness to nothing whatsoever. :whistle

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2818 on: September 21, 2013, 10:53:23 PM »
Dusty has just tweeted this in the last 15 mins (if his account hasn't been hacked again?).

@DustinMartin4 - "Caroline Wilson what a larry"

larry is slang for moron or loner.
Most probably Ralph Carr tweeting again on his account.

Would say its been hacked again or being used by someone else. Accounts been dormant since Monday and now suddenly 2 stupid tweets

Not a good start if its true.
Those latest tweets have been deleted so his account must have been hacked again.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

the claw

« Reply #2819 on: September 21, 2013, 11:24:20 PM »

:lol

WAT, seriously, that is probably the worst attempt at justification of a poor policy that I have ever read.

Each to their own mate, Richmond just need to get Martin signed, end of story!

That's where we are diametrically opposite on this.

I think the club has been first class in it's handling of this whole episode.  They have been tolerant and open with Martin all the way through and have refused to compromise their position or standards and it is the most heartening thing I have seen them do as a club in a fair while.  We have all bemoaned how we have been a basket case of failure for 30 years through inept management both on and off field and now that we have a topline management team and a set of standards that we refuse to compromise you seriously want to set it aside the very first time it is tested?  I don't want to lose Martin but I don't want us to forsake all the gains we have made as a club collectively for the sake of satisfying my own emotional fear.  We will win a flag with or without Martin and by making this stand in this most public manner we are gaining huge tracts in football community respect, something that will pay off in spades in coming years.  Players (and their managers), of our club and others will be watching and seeing how we are a club that can be trusted in it's word, and a safe and fair place for them to play.  Just how they now perceive Geelong, Sydney and Hawthorn.  They might not pay top dollar but they are extremely well run and have been successful for a long time now, and have no problem attracting and keeping quality players.  We can't reach those lofty heights by compromising our standards the minute the pressure is on and caving in to pay Martin what no other club in the competition was prepared to pay him would be doing just that.
gotta agree also. good post.

my only concern in all this has been we walk away with nothing for martin if he does go.

unlike others i have a sneaky suspicion that gws will get him in the psd.  they look like they are being good guys now but have a deal done already. a deal that allows em to get dusty for nothing.
 but i digress we do need to stand our ground and  while standing our ground we need to
1/ re - sign martin if possible in a way where both parties can walk away with heads held high.

failing that make sure we get decent compensation for him enabling us to continue to grow our list and club. in other words turn a bad situation into a win

the worst thing we can do is have the situation deteriorate into no win situation where dusty says stuff the lot of ya i will walk into the psd.

as i said i have a sneaky suspicion this is what will happen with the blessing of gws. this could have been in the making for two yrs. i hope im just being paranoid.

finally when you think about it i reckon the controls on his life outside of footy have been a big part of the problem. for him to go to gws close to home and out of the fishbowl so to speak would greatly appeal to dusty with what has transpired so far. ffs he cant fart without the media having a go at him or the club and the afl telling him where he can go, who he can see what he can do i reckon id be prety peeed off as well.

as long as he stays on the right side of the law and keeps his nose out of trouble its up to dusty to make decisions about who he sees dan connors, who his manager is weather he has bikie friemds weather he goes to parties these are nobody elese business and are   decisions martin has to make for himself.i dont have a problem with any of them as long as he continues to play good foty continues to work hard and he stays on the right side of the law.