Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 1089276 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #2865 on: September 23, 2013, 12:58:23 PM »
Robert Walls on SEN this morning said he believed other clubs have chosen not to entertain having Dusty at their club not because they don't want him but out of respect for the RFC and firmly believe Dusty MUST stay at the tigers...

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/goto/post?id=30279990#post-30279990

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2866 on: September 23, 2013, 01:00:08 PM »

Ok fess up - which one of you clowns has developed the Tiger71 gimmick on big footy?

probably you Ramps  ;D

Rampstar

« Reply #2867 on: September 23, 2013, 01:03:12 PM »

Ok fess up - which one of you clowns has developed the Tiger71 gimmick on big footy?

probably you Ramps  ;D

Its not me when I was doing that poo on other sites I was doing it properly - like naming an unknown aboriginal superstar who was coming to Punt Road but it had to be a secret. Threads like that went for pages and pages and every night I be drinking some beers reading the responses and trying not to choke from laughter. They were good days but Im getting older now. Im trying to be a serious individual. I cant be doing things like that  ;D

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2868 on: September 23, 2013, 01:08:56 PM »
Cotchin Wants Martin
MMM
Monday, September 23, 2013

Richmond captain Trent Cotchin admits it was disappointing to watch Dustin Martin and his manager, Ralph Carr, walk around Greater Western Sydney's facilities last week.

Triple M's Eddie McGuire asked Cotchin if he watched the vision and asked 'what the hell is going on here?'.

"No doubt (I did). You see one of your team-mates and someone I get along really well with at the club walking through an opposition team's headquarters is something that's hard to swallow," Cotchin told Triple M.

"The thing for us is that we know Dusty is a required player if we are going to play in premierships and we're just hoping that he comes to his senses and makes a really good decision on his and the club's behalf."

Cotchin said he has been speaking to Martin and encouraging him to stay, which has been difficult given how close they are.

http://www.triplem.com.au/melbourne/sport/afl/news/2013/9/trent-cotchin-on-tripel-m-regarding-dustin-martin-future/

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2869 on: September 23, 2013, 01:13:44 PM »

probably you Ramps  ;D

Its not me when I was doing that poo on other sites I was doing it properly - like naming an unknown aboriginal superstar who was coming to Punt Road but it had to be a secret. Threads like that went for pages and pages and every night I be drinking some beers reading the responses and trying not to choke from laughter. They were good days but Im getting older now. Im trying to be a serious individual. I cant be doing things like that  ;D

just like l cant be doing this. MAD MONDAY calls  :gotigers

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #2870 on: September 23, 2013, 01:26:52 PM »
Comment From Guest
Any end in sight to the Dustin Martin saga?

Mark Robinson
yes

Comment From Gerard Whateley
Where does Martin play next season Robbo?

Mark Robinson
rich

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/matthew-pavlich-deserves-to-win-a-premiership-writes-mark-robinson/story-fndv8h5w-1226724730378?from=trendinglinks

I was Gerard Whateley  ;D

He replied to my question almost immediately.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2871 on: September 23, 2013, 01:30:13 PM »
Comment From Guest

Mark Robinson
yes

Mark Robinson
rich

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/matthew-pavlich-deserves-to-win-a-premiership-writes-mark-robinson/story-fndv8h5w-1226724730378?from=trendinglinks

:bow :rollin :bow

;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

gerkin greg

« Reply #2872 on: September 23, 2013, 01:31:16 PM »
The thing for us is that we know Dusty is a required player if we are going to play in premierships

Yo Chimp, the nuffies think Billy Longer and a draft pick equal premierships bro

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2873 on: September 23, 2013, 02:05:59 PM »
Comment From Guest

Mark Robinson
yes

Mark Robinson
rich

:lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2874 on: September 23, 2013, 05:36:50 PM »
Tiger71's latest post on BF:

I'll rehash what I know which mind you has already been mentioned now by media sources. The main thing in life I live for is to make sure posters like kozi01 have full and utter faith in my posts :p.

I had mentioned in a conversation that Hardwick was meeting Martin - I believe he met him friday for a beer. Anyone that is in my conversation group feel free to confirm that I posted that on Monday last week :). I had heard Leppa would be with him but it seemed only Hardwick saw him.

I confirmed the players were texting martin to stay. Again reported in the media that Cotch and co did.

I mentioned that the offer was not pulled as such. We just said, this is the deal and you have till Friday to let us know if your staying to resume negotiations. posted that as well Monday I believe and that was confirmed that there was a deadline in the media first via lade then via the "jurnos".

I mentioned on Friday, was the reason I had to wait till 3pm that Martin came back and told us he wants to stay. That was confirmed like 20 mins later from SEN then now the press is all about how he is staying.

My source was very clear. We have a agreement in place for Dusty to stay. What I have heard the original offer of 2 years at 500k most likely will evolve to 3 years at 500k. I am not the only that have heard that. We are in no rush as the agreement was a informal acceptance it is still a acceptance. The formals only need to be signed off on- Again I stated all this Thursday Friday last week.

Just be happy and watch this play out. Now I apoligise I am vague on some points, I need to protect my source. I will say, re read my post very late in the night and then replay the events that happened the week after. That should put your mind at ease.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/dustin-martin-contract-thread-gws-will-not-offer-dusty-a-contract.1032410/page-185#post-30285942

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2875 on: September 23, 2013, 06:08:14 PM »
If its that simple why hasn't the contract been signed?
Same offer with the addition of a year - nothing liquid paper can't fix.
If true, doesn't seem that hard.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Dougeytherichmondfan

« Reply #2876 on: September 23, 2013, 06:16:02 PM »

Just be happy and watch this play out. Now I apoligise I am vague on some points, I need to protect my source. I will say, re read my post very late in the night and then replay the events that happened the week after. That should put your mind at ease.[/i]

I won't be happy until its official that he's signed on for a 10 year contract.....

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2877 on: September 23, 2013, 06:25:35 PM »
Dusty has arrived at the Brownlow with Aaron Edwards as his "date"  ;D

Pic  on twitter  ;D

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2878 on: September 23, 2013, 06:47:09 PM »

Pic  on twitter  ;D

l'm surprised he did not have Dan Conners on his arm  ;D New headlines tomorrow.

Offline 1965

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Don't water the rocks
« Reply #2879 on: September 23, 2013, 06:58:26 PM »

Pic  on twitter  ;D

Has anybody seen or heard of Dusty having a girlfriend?

:huh
Yeah we're already going to vote for him mate, you don't need to keep selling it.....