Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 1088587 times)

Dougeytherichmondfan

Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #2895 on: September 23, 2013, 10:51:55 PM »
Wondering, does Dusty's relatively good performance tonight mean we'll have to pay more $$??

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2896 on: September 23, 2013, 10:54:35 PM »
Looked like bruised plums to me
Jeeeeeepers  :o

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2897 on: September 23, 2013, 11:21:05 PM »
Might get an offer for him now

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2898 on: September 24, 2013, 01:33:16 AM »
PERHAPS HE IS WORTH $600K AFTER ALL

Richmond’s Dustin Martin seemed to be having a good time on the Tiger table and the umps seemed to think he was good value as well. Martin matched Richmond skipper Trent Cotchin vote-for-vote much of the way, eventually losing out 16 votes to 19.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/brownlow-special-if-you-dont-mind-umpire/story-fnfpguj3-1226725528506

I wonder if Ralph Carr will attempt to play funny business again after last night with Dusty finishing 13th in the Brownlow? ::)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2899 on: September 24, 2013, 09:28:06 AM »
Clearly we need to re-sign Martin, massive part of our tilt at the cup, get it done!!!!!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2900 on: September 24, 2013, 10:32:23 AM »
Would have been better for the contract discussions and his ego to finish under 10 votes behind Lids imo

Rampstar

« Reply #2901 on: September 24, 2013, 10:43:17 AM »
PERHAPS HE IS WORTH $600K AFTER ALL

Richmond’s Dustin Martin seemed to be having a good time on the Tiger table and the umps seemed to think he was good value as well. Martin matched Richmond skipper Trent Cotchin vote-for-vote much of the way, eventually losing out 16 votes to 19.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/brownlow-special-if-you-dont-mind-umpire/story-fnfpguj3-1226725528506

I wonder if Ralph Carr will attempt to play funny business again after last night with Dusty finishing 13th in the Brownlow? ::)

If they try this on at this stage I wouldnt be unhappy at all if the club severed ties completely with the player and sent him on his way. No regrets from me if they take that sort of action.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2902 on: September 24, 2013, 10:46:34 AM »
Would have been better for the contract discussions and his ego to finish under 10 votes behind Lids imo

Why?  :-\

If they try this on at this stage I wouldnt be unhappy at all if the club severed ties completely with the player and sent him on his way. No regrets from me if they take that sort of action.

:lol :lol

Think there's a good chance Ralph might be doing as he is told these days. Don't think the AFLPA is very happy with him  ;D

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Rampstar

« Reply #2903 on: September 24, 2013, 10:54:27 AM »

Think there's a good chance Ralph might be doing as he is told these days. Don't think the AFLPA is very happy with him  ;D

Williams why are you laughing. We are a tough bunch in here its our way or the highway  ;D

Online camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2904 on: September 24, 2013, 11:32:27 AM »
I have no problem with Dusty negotiating for what's in his best interest but he has probably got the best he is going to get in front of him now.
I believe he is a good bloke and knows that Richmond is the best place for him (he would be sick of hearing it from so call experts). I would suggest his management team wants to save face by playing hard ball. I cant believe he would want to go to Brisbane ( last option) as in case you haven't noticed half their team is trying to leave.
My advice is to say it how it looks , I was never going to leave but was testing the boundaries to see what was possible And I'm looking forward to playing finals again -
In fact I would ask for five years at 500K ( insurance)  as you never know when you might do a career ending injury 
 GO Tigers

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2906 on: September 24, 2013, 11:42:25 AM »

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2907 on: September 24, 2013, 11:48:45 AM »
haha that's just a stab in the dark by Tiger 71.  :rollin anyone could predict he will sign. If he signs & nothing has been sorted out yet. from my very good SAUCE  ;D  :rollin sarcastic that sauce  ;D

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2908 on: September 24, 2013, 12:21:45 PM »

Williams why are you laughing. We are a tough bunch in here its our way or the highway  ;D

Ramps being doing a lot of laughing during this thread. Some absolute gold in here  ;D

The love, the hate, then the love again, then the angst, then the love is back, then the hate, then the love returns for another encore

And that's just in the space of 24 hours  ;D :rollin ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #2909 on: September 24, 2013, 02:39:33 PM »

Ramps being doing a lot of laughing during this thread. Some absolute gold in here  ;D

The love, the hate, then the love again, then the angst, then the love is back, then the hate, then the love returns for another encore

And that's just in the space of 24 hours  ;D :rollin ;D