Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 1087853 times)

dwaino

Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #2925 on: September 24, 2013, 08:55:51 PM »
I've lost track. Are we currently supporting him back or telling him to stuff off again?

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2926 on: September 24, 2013, 09:01:16 PM »
We want.... NEED HIM! They had Cameron at the Brownlow saying at when Martin went to GWS his heart is clearly with the RFC. They must sort this out, all parties, otherwise they should all be ashamed of themselves. For the first time in. Very very long team we are building one of th strongest midfields in e comp, losing Martin would be devistating.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2927 on: September 24, 2013, 09:09:58 PM »
I've lost track. Are we currently supporting him back or telling him to stuff off again?

Great question anyone got an answer  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2928 on: September 24, 2013, 09:19:30 PM »

Supporting, I think!
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-09-24/tigers-still-want-dusty
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2929 on: September 24, 2013, 09:20:47 PM »
Dustin Martin still welcome in yellow and black, says Tigers CEO

By Jennifer Phelan 
afl.com.au
4:54pm AEST Tuesday, September 24, 2013

RICHMOND officials and players want Dustin Martin to remain a Tiger despite the circus his contract negotiations have recently become.

Martin attended Monday night's Brownlow Medal as an invited guest, and took teammate Aaron Edwards with him.

At no point did he appear at odds with his teammates, who included Trent Cotchin, Brett Deledio, Alex Rance and Daniel Jackson, at the Richmond table.

This is despite Martin's filmed tour of the Greater Western Sydney facilities last Thursday, just days after the Tigers released a statement that said he would be pursuing offers from other clubs.

Along with St Kilda, the Giants ruled themselves out of recruiting Martin the following day, while Collingwood never appeared hot on the idea.

Carlton and Melbourne are also reported to be uninterested in the 22-year-old, 86-game player who polled 16 votes in this year's Brownlow.

On Tuesday, the Tigers remained committed to their wayward star despite the tumultuous nature of the past eight days.

"At the moment, it's in the hands of Dustin and his manager," Richmond CEO Brendon Gale told AFL.com.au on Tuesday at the traditional Carbine Club Grand Final Luncheon at Crown.

"Dustin was at the Brownlow last night and we've said all along he's a Richmond player, he's a required player and he's indicated he wanted to go and test the market.

"I imagine he's tested the market and we'll have to have a chat."

Gale said the players had no ill feelings towards Martin, as was demonstrated at the Brownlow Medal count.

He said nothing had happened to prevent the Tigers welcoming him back in yellow and black next year.

"We know Dustin very well and nothing that has transpired over the last seven days really affects our commitment to him, as a person and as a player," he said.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-09-24/tigers-still-want-dusty

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2930 on: September 24, 2013, 09:23:36 PM »

The CEO has come out in support, so we are back on the supporters bus

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2931 on: September 24, 2013, 09:26:28 PM »
Mark Stevens on Ch 7 news: Nothing to report on DM. In holding pattern. Next week there might be movement either way. Still has options.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/dustin-martin-contract-thread-gws-will-not-offer-dusty-a-contract.1032410/page-192#post-30304705

Caro on 3aw didn't know what was happening with Dusty either. She said she hoped something would happen in the next couple of days but some at Richmond had hoped Dusty would return on Monday and re-sign.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2932 on: September 24, 2013, 09:49:53 PM »
Footy classified on now

Dusty on the agenda again  :rollin

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #2933 on: September 24, 2013, 10:03:21 PM »
Footy classified on now

Apparently the GF is on this weekend. :shh

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2934 on: September 24, 2013, 10:04:18 PM »

:lol:thumbsup

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2935 on: September 24, 2013, 10:08:08 PM »
Benny Gale said he expects the offer now to be the same one as before as that offer is a competitive one based on market value.

So much for Barrett claiming it would be less than what Dusty is already getting  :wallywink.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2936 on: September 24, 2013, 10:11:53 PM »
Interview with Benny Gale says Dusty a required player, outside his family the RFC has supported him to the hilt. Disappointing to see being shown around GWS. Said Giants were really upfront about it. Wouldn't talk about the $$$ side of the contract but said unlikely to be any change in any offer

Caro said club thought he might have come in Monday and re-sign without Carr like Conca did last week. Said Club doesn't want to deal with Carr. Said $$ on offer would be the same as previous but likely to have more incentives and behavioural clauses

Caro said Hutchy was right last week Carr has handled this abysmally but so so has Dusty.

Lloyd said this entire saga has been a massive reality check for Martin. Said Brownlow votes says he had a good year but his 2nd halves suggest Dusty is a player not living a good lifestyle. Said he would have been embarrassed by Dusty and Aaron Edwrads behaviour saod they should have just sat there without the grapes

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2937 on: September 24, 2013, 10:12:47 PM »
Footy classified on now

Apparently the GF is on this weekend. :shh
Obviously Dusty is much bigger news......

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2938 on: September 24, 2013, 10:14:48 PM »
Interview with Benny Gale says Dusty a required player, outside his family the RFC has supported him to the hilt. Disappointing to see being shown around GWS. Said Giants were really upfront about it. Wouldn't talk about the $$$ side of the contract but said unlikely to be any change in any offer

Caro said club thought he might have come in Monday and re-sign without Carr like Conca did last week. Said Club doesn't want to deal with Carr. Said $$ on offer would be the same as previous but likely to have more incentives and behavioural clauses

Caro said Hutchy was right last week Carr has handled this abysmally but so so has Dusty.

Lloyd said this entire saga has been a massive reality check for Martin. Said Brownlow votes says he had a good year but his 2nd halves suggest Dusty is a player not living a good lifestyle. Said he would have been embarrassed by Dusty and Aaron Edwrads behaviour saod they should have just sat there without the grapes
Sounds like sour grapes to me!

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2939 on: September 25, 2013, 02:45:51 AM »
100-150 before commission/tax.

= 50-75k you'd think :(

Nah ;D

And LOL at Lloyd complaining about grapes. Nothing wrong with a bit of humour ::)