Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 1087854 times)

Rampstar

Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #2940 on: September 25, 2013, 04:16:28 AM »
We want.... NEED HIM! They had Cameron at the Brownlow saying at when Martin went to GWS his heart is clearly with the RFC. They must sort this out, all parties, otherwise they should all be ashamed of themselves. For the first time in. Very very long team we are building one of th strongest midfields in e comp, losing Martin would be devistating.

Unfortunately we want and we we need can be two different things. Id want to root a supermodel everynight but it aint happening  ;D

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2941 on: September 25, 2013, 06:56:54 AM »
The article said Conca signed before his manager was in town, don't know what that means?

No it doens't.

It says "If only he had the strength he demonstrates on the MCG and took a stand on his own as Reece Conca did this week and put pen to paper without waiting for his manager to get to town". Which means why couldn't Dusty do what Reece Conca did (take less money to stay) and sign a contract while his manager (Carr) was interstate

I read it as Conca signed without waiting for his manager to get into town, funny the way we interpret things differently

Going by what Caro said on Footy Classified last night I've clearly misinterpreted Caro's article, therefore I was wrong

Sorry folks  :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2942 on: September 25, 2013, 07:14:28 AM »
I smell a rat here

Still no signature and by bennys comments you would say it ain't any closer either

I love the thought process of dealing with lions for Longer. Who actually said he could play?

I just hope he ain't trying to bend is over and roll into the PSD

I've been strong on this from day 1, something more than money must be involved here.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2943 on: September 25, 2013, 08:10:03 AM »
I smell a rat here

Still no signature and by bennys comments you would say it ain't any closer either

I love the thought process of dealing with lions for Longer. Who actually said he could play?

I just hope he ain't trying to bend is over and roll into the PSD

I've been strong on this from day 1, something more than money must be involved here.
Bloody Connors influencing him behind the scenes.  Would not be surprised if another Victorian team has been in his ear.  He would like to stay here to keep up with his bogan friend!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2944 on: September 25, 2013, 08:44:51 AM »
He still hasn't bloody signed??!?!?!  :banghead :banghead :banghead 

:rollin :rollin

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2945 on: September 25, 2013, 12:33:59 PM »
Brisbane coach Justin Leppitsch eyes Richmond star Dustin Martin as potential trade target

Andrew Hamilton
    September 25, 2013 10:18AM

BRISBANE coach Justin Leppitsch admits his former Tigers protégé Dustin Martin comes with some "baggage" but has not ruled out making an approach to him to join the Lions.

The Tigers star is on the market and the Lions have already made inquiries about his intentions for 2014.

Leppitsch said he had yet to discuss the ultra-talented Tiger’s midfielder with Lions football manager Dean Warren.

------

Richmond's Martin is out of contract and, while several clubs have baulked at going after the young midfielder, Leppitsch is leaving the possibility open.

'We haven't discussed it. I know Dusty well,' Leppitsch told a media conference on Wednesday.

'I do have my views but I won't share them here today.

'It'd be premature for me to talk about those sorts of things.'

Richmond have mentored the 22-year-old Martin heavily off the field.

Martin was suspended by the Tigers for two games in 2012 for missing a training session after taking a sleeping pill.

'Every player's a package and players have to realise that now,' Leppitsch said.

'You see what's going on with Collingwood now with Heath Shaw (who is reportedly set to leave the club).

'Even more and more, with the media involved and potential off-field investment clubs can put in you, you are a package as a player.

'I won't touch on Dustin's particular issue but every player needs to know that you have positives and negatives.

'You can have a lot of ticks and limited crosses, or they'll start evening up and you might find your way out the door.'

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/brisbane-coach-justin-leppitsch-eyes-richmond-star-dustin-martin-as-potential-trade-target/story-fnfll94y-1226726760048
http://www.skynews.com.au/sport/article.aspx?id=909218

dwaino

« Reply #2946 on: September 25, 2013, 12:45:04 PM »
Longer  :pray

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2947 on: September 25, 2013, 12:47:05 PM »

Dwaino have you seen Longer play? I only ask because i dont get why he is all the rage.

I have seen Adams though as well as Dusty, and to be honest i would be making a play for Adams before Longer any day of the week.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2948 on: September 25, 2013, 12:50:55 PM »
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Online Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2949 on: September 25, 2013, 12:56:05 PM »
Longer and Rockliff

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2950 on: September 25, 2013, 01:07:52 PM »
Longer and Rockliff
The Lobster is a freak.

dwaino

« Reply #2951 on: September 25, 2013, 01:11:04 PM »

Dwaino have you seen Longer play? I only ask because i dont get why he is all the rage.

I have seen Adams though as well as Dusty, and to be honest i would be making a play for Adams before Longer any day of the week.

Yep. Of course you haven't seen much of him, he was only drafted two years ago and behind Leuy. Best ruckman from his draft and has showed enough in the last two NAB cups he'll develop into a top ruck. Can take a grab and kick a goal too. If $400k from the Pies is his interest now what will it be up to next time? Mids are a dime a dozen. Longer has two years of development into him already and we will be able to start using him almost immediately. Will be a number 1 ruck in time wherever he goes so may as well be us.

We've nearly missed the boat on developing our next ruck. Getting longer would be like we started developing one two years ago.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #2952 on: September 25, 2013, 01:21:38 PM »
And his boyfriend will move yo Melbourne  :clapping

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2953 on: September 25, 2013, 01:30:53 PM »
So is today's instalment we want him out the door  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

dwaino

« Reply #2954 on: September 25, 2013, 01:38:34 PM »
So is today's instalment we want him out the door  ;D

I think so. Back to calling him judas today  ;D