Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 1087712 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #3045 on: September 27, 2013, 12:52:55 PM »
It's all about perception   ;D

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #3046 on: September 27, 2013, 12:58:15 PM »
Martin and Tigers stuck in standoff

Caroline Wilson
    The Age
    September 27, 2013

The Dustin Martin saga has taken another twist with the 22-year-old sticking with his manager Ralph Carr and refusing to engage in contract talks alone with Richmond.

The Tigers are again envisaging a future without the troubled but talented young star, with Martin awaiting the arrival of his father, Shane, in Melbourne on Monday before making his next move.

And Carr has lashed out at his critics, telling The Age: ''I stand by everything I have said and I stand by the way I have represented this kid. My business has been sullied and my reputation has been damaged. I care about Dustin. He's a terrific kid and I've been misrepresented. I'm not an advocate for players changing clubs and I've always hoped that Dustin would stay at Richmond. He wears Royce Hart's number for heaven's sake. I've told Dustin that, just as I told Travis Cloke that last year. Richmond knows our position and there needs to be some dialogue.''

The Tigers continue to maintain that Martin is a required player but stand to lose him to the draft should a deal not be achieved.

Martin is understood to have instructed Richmond this week to deal with Carr after the player failed to attend a meeting with football boss Daniel Richardson and his offsider, Blair Hartley, at Punt Road on Monday.

Carr has indicated his frustration that club CEO Brendon Gale has not responded to his calls in the past and claimed Martin has been disappointed in Richmond's criticism of his management style.

Richmond and Carr have not been in contact this week, leaving the prospect of no deal being reached before Monday's Jack Dyer Medal count, in which Martin will poll well.

The expectation had been that Martin, after meeting coach Damien Hardwick late last week and previously being rejected by Greater Western Sydney, would return to the club and reach an agreement this week. But the Martin camp has continued to baulk at the Tigers' two-year offer of close to $1 million - an offer that could now prove heavily conditional, with performance and behavioural clauses.

Carr had indicated previously he had been obeying instructions in taking Martin to tour the Giants' facilities in Sydney's inner west, claiming the player had shown interest in living closer to his father and away from Melbourne's fishbowl football environment. He has also accused Richmond of suggesting Martin change managers.

No club has as yet made an offer to Martin, although his management has previously maintained he would achieve close to $600,000 annually should he place himself in the draft. ''They know our position,'' said Carr of the Tigers, adding he had no issue with Martin's behaviour on Brownlow night. ''I care about Dustin,'' said Carr. ''I thought it was fair enough after a long season that he had a drink.''

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/martin-and-tigers-stuck-in-standoff-20130926-2uh18.html

I can imagine Ralph Carr thinking "Note to self....Before interview with Caro, confirm with Dustin what his actual playing number is and then Google who was the greatest player at Richmond to wear that number.....Man, I am the greatest player manager since Ricky Martin." 

Online RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3047 on: September 27, 2013, 02:20:23 PM »
Your clutching Redan.

No one is that stupid to risk letting him go into the PSD for nothing.

If, and i say big if, we do that well the club are finished and all should hand in their resignation

Clutching?
If he insists on $600k the club can only stop him going to the draft or PSD by paying what he wants.
Luke Ball refused to re-sign with St Kilda, went to the draft and was picked by Collingwood.
There may be differences in WHY Ball left but he went to the draft as an uncontracted player.

Rampstar

« Reply #3048 on: September 27, 2013, 02:40:08 PM »

yes it is but this thread is terrific  :lol

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3049 on: September 27, 2013, 03:03:24 PM »

yes it is but this thread is terrific  :lol

Yep  ;D

Some absolute gold on this one

Ditto the Matty White one and the other 90 odd page Dusty thread

:rollin

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #3050 on: September 27, 2013, 04:07:03 PM »
Tony Sheahan ‏@TonySheahan 8m

Wayward @Richmond_FC star Dustin Martin expected to announce new contract with Tigers' Monday night @ club's b&f awards. Crisis averted
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #3051 on: September 27, 2013, 04:07:45 PM »
Your clutching Redan.

If, and i say big if, we do that well the club are finished and all should hand in their resignation

Crap, absolute crap. The club need to hold their ground period otherwise we truly are finished.

If we get nothing for this silly individual then so be it. He DOES NOT dictate to our club. We are not going to be undermined by a fool.
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Rampstar

« Reply #3052 on: September 27, 2013, 04:16:28 PM »
Your clutching Redan.

Crap, absolute crap. The club need to hold their ground period otherwise we truly are finished.

If we get nothing for this silly individual then so be it. He DOES NOT dictate to our club. We are not going to be undermined by a fool.

spot on brother. hellaujah brother. lets create the church of dimma and we can pray for our salvation. the salvation of the tiger army from stupidity and anomalous behaviours. salvation and logic. lets all pray to Pope Dimma the first. Pope Dimma the 1st makes the rules and any players who dont wanna be part of it can pee off. Thats all for today. Or at least for a few minutes whilst I just try and come up with something more stupider.

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3053 on: September 27, 2013, 04:17:03 PM »
If that is the case he probably has already signed.

Rampstar

« Reply #3054 on: September 27, 2013, 04:17:34 PM »

Wayward @Richmond_FC star Dustin Martin expected to announce new contract with Tigers' Monday night @ club's b&f awards. Crisis averted

what a magnificent player we have on our hands  ;D

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3055 on: September 27, 2013, 04:24:01 PM »

Now I am attneding the B&F please let me know if you good folk want me to pass on your own personal best wishes or a collective message from OER  ;D

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3056 on: September 27, 2013, 04:25:15 PM »
Your clutching Redan.

spot on brother. hellaujah brother. lets create the church of dimma and we can pray for our salvation. the salvation of the tiger army from stupidity and anomalous behaviours. salvation and logic. lets all pray to Pope Dimma the first. Pope Dimma the 1st makes the rules and any players who dont wanna be part of it can pee off. Thats all for today. Or at least for a few minutes whilst I just try and come up with something more stupider.

Interesting comment ramps, I don't think you could get anything more non-sequitur than that, well done ;D

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3057 on: September 27, 2013, 04:25:52 PM »
Your clutching Redan.

Pity we didn't make this stand years ago with the crap, absolute crap players we did bow down to....Martin is a star and will be a champion for years to come, a fool you say, I don't think so. The club are the fools for taking a stand against a player that is one of the best we have had and will have....they should of done it years ago and this crap wouldn't be happening.

SIGN HIM UP $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.......pay him. ;D :gotigers
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3058 on: September 27, 2013, 04:26:24 PM »

Now I am attneding the B&F please let me know if you good folk want me to pass on your own personal best wishes or a collective message from OER  ;D
Tell Dusty we love him or hate him depending on whether he is staying or going!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3059 on: September 27, 2013, 04:32:48 PM »

Ramps, pull your head in and stop being a idiot  :sleep