Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 874525 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #5295 on: September 16, 2021, 06:31:36 PM »
Wow! Dwayne Russell has dethroned Dusty and declared Max Gawn as the most marketable AFL player. No flags, no Brownlow, no Norm Smith medals.

https://twitter.com/djlozza66/status/1438342348765741060

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #5296 on: September 16, 2021, 06:52:56 PM »
 :lol

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5297 on: September 16, 2021, 08:33:39 PM »
Man some of the takes at the very start of this thread are wilddddd. People were feeling so much love for old mate John butcher that they started throwing personal jabs about it  :lol :lol

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5298 on: September 16, 2021, 09:03:16 PM »
Man some of the takes at the very start of this thread are wilddddd. People were feeling so much love for old mate John butcher that they started throwing personal jabs about it  :lol :lol

Yep they were some funny times

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5299 on: September 17, 2021, 12:05:03 PM »
Im going to back and have a look after all these years hopefully i didnt engage in the butcher crap.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5300 on: September 17, 2021, 12:18:40 PM »
What a great first 6 or 7 pages lol. Great reading. Hopefully we draft really well and find our next couple of big stars.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5301 on: September 19, 2021, 10:29:58 PM »
Dusty 200 career votes. Top 10 ever. Really does put to bed the people that say he’s had one good season

https://twitter.com/conf82/status/1439540766594912258

Brownlow Medal Career Totals

1. Gary Ablett jnr       262
2. Gary Dempsey       246  (218.5 under 3-2-1 system)
3. Patrick Dangerfield 230*
4. Sam Mitchell          227
5. Robert Harvey        215
6. Scott Pendlebury    213*
7. Chris Judd             210
7. Joel Selwood          210*
9. Dustin Martin         202*
9. Leigh Matthews      202

* still playing.

https://afltables.com/afl/brownlow/totals0.html

Most games with 3 Brownlow Votes in first 8 V/AFL seasons:

33 – Marcus Bontempelli
28 – Nat Fyfe
27 – Chris Judd
26 – Dustin Martin
25 – Peter Matera
23 – Patrick Dangerfield
23 – Nathan Buckley
23 – Joel Selwood

https://twitter.com/AusSportStats/status/1439562921558773760

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5302 on: September 30, 2021, 01:23:17 PM »
Richmond GM of football Tim Livingstone has given an update on Dustin Martin’s condition.

The Richmond superstar was in a Gold Coast hospital for over a week with a lacerated kidney after the Tigers' clash with Brisbane in Round 18.

He lost weight after the incident, with the initial diagnosis to avoid contact training for three months.

However, Livingstone expects a routine pre-season for the Brownlow Medallist.

“Dusty (Martin) is going really well, he’s just slowly started training, which is a planned process for him,” Livingstone told Sportsday.

“He’ll up the ante, but I know he’s slowly getting into it and we’ll build up over the next month or so.

“We expect him to be fine to do a normal preseason.”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2021/09/29/richmond-provides-injury-update-on-dustin-martin/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5303 on: October 01, 2021, 06:35:45 PM »
"He's tracking great. Richmond would be better placed to answer that..I saw him today and he is tracking fantastically. He'll be right to go for the start of the season."

- Ralph Carr on Dustin Martin

https://twitter.com/traderadio/status/1443842818657566725

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #5304 on: October 01, 2021, 07:17:20 PM »

Where is Tiger Monk now lol I remember being team Dusty from a long way back and had to fight off the John Butcher nuffies lol.

Proud to say picking Dusty was the right call. Lol
Go Tigers!

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #5305 on: October 01, 2021, 07:22:12 PM »
Big shout out to the Martin bandwagon from long ago.

Who knew our pick 3 choice would win 3 norms, 3 flags and a Brownlow.. Stripes, Ramps, MT and WAT it was a pleasure we were bang on lol.

What is Butcher doing now lol?

Martin has been my first selection for some time now. I actually rate him higher than Trengove based on his disposal skills, core strength (breaks tackles), poise in tight situations, ability to win his own ball and overhead ability. Based purely on the footage I have seen, the only pluses Trengove has on Martin is his leadership ability (Capt of SA) and defensive mindset. I have not seen any evidence that Martin does not have a defensive side to his game but can only go on what I have seen on the clips so if someone has seen either player in person please tell me otherwise.

Either way I believe the defensive/team-orientated elements will be drummed into all new recruits and existing players alike where-as offensive skills are much harder to teach.

I will be very pleased if we get Martin but we need to make sure we get the best KPF with our next choice.

Stripes

I agree Stripes.

Trengrove however will captain Melbourne in 6 years time, Martin wouldn't. Trengrove just oozes out leadership very very Ricciuto/Buckleyesk.

Martin is our man.

Deledio, Cotchin, Foley, Martin, Tambling, Collins and Jackson is our midfield that can deliver it to Humphrey B Bear for all I care. There is no point having greats like Matthew Richardson or Brendon Fevola up forward for 10 years if you have the likes of Clinton King, Tim Fleming and Jordan McMahon kicking balls into the forward 50..
Go Tigers!

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5306 on: October 01, 2021, 08:17:08 PM »
Could never convince Stripes to come back, didn’t like the very personal attacks

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Dustin Martin shows off his dramatic 10kg weight loss (Daily Mail)
« Reply #5307 on: October 02, 2021, 02:26:19 AM »
Footy superstar Dustin Martin shows off his dramatic 10kg weight loss as he's seen for the first time since kidney surgery and a freak accident forced him to eat NOTHING but fruit - but WHY is he carrying this bizarre item?

By Andrew Prentice
Daily Mail Australia
1 October 2021

Dustin Martin looked a shadow of his former self on Monday when he was seen for the first time since undergoing surgery in July for a lacerated kidney.

The Richmond Tigers superstar, who was placed on a strict fruit-only diet to help his recovery, appeared noticeably slimmer as he stepped out solo in Melbourne.

Martin looked uncharacteristically slender in light grey tracksuits pants and a black T-shirt that hung off his frame.

He wore a disposable face mask - and bizarrely appeared to be carrying a television remote as he stepped into his car. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10039611/Dustin-Martin-shows-dramatic-10kg-weight-loss-fruit-cleansing-diet.html

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5308 on: October 02, 2021, 09:52:54 AM »
I think the biggest and more important question is - does he have to give back his Jeep?

;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5309 on: October 02, 2021, 12:37:50 PM »
He could buy Jeep. Dusty looks like a Panamera boy to me he should give back the Jeep and get a Porsche Panamera.