Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 1073014 times)

Offline Hart4Jack

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Dustin Martin [merged]
« Reply #7230 on: September 13, 2024, 09:07:09 PM »
I'll believe it when it happens.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7231 on: September 13, 2024, 09:30:48 PM »
I'll believe it when it happens.

Same. They’ve been talking about this for years now. First Gold Coast then Sydney then back to Gold Coast. I didn’t believe it then and I don’t believe it now.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7232 on: September 13, 2024, 09:41:56 PM »
Who cares? His best is well and truly behind him
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Wazza

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #7233 on: September 13, 2024, 09:43:13 PM »
The strange thing in the articles to me is that it all says Dusty approached them....don't know if I believe this .... If this was the plan why wouldn't they try get the club a compo pick or draft pick? Seems all a bit media driven again!!

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7234 on: September 13, 2024, 09:44:02 PM »
Things . I . Would. To. See.
A cooked. 33 year old player thinks he can rekindle his career playing in front of no more than 14k fans.
Dustin is no more loyal than our ex coach who screwed the staff member and dumped his wife.
2020 off season ex coach was nearly punted, except for some finer details that the club decided not to pursue.
2020 off season the ex coach made relationships fractured due to his philandering ways.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7235 on: September 14, 2024, 06:52:32 AM »

It’s how this is playing out that irritates me. It’s very Hardwick-esque and I wouldn’t be surprised if this was orchestrated by him. He seems to be ruthless in his pursuit of success. Brings in Taranto and Hopper and then leaves the club 7 games in citing being cooked. Then he signs on as GC coach, Rioli leaves, staff go up there and now Dusty. I defended this bloke to many but now I just see a bloke who’s willing to deceive and lie to others in order to achieve success. I also wouldn’t be surprised if Dusty had contact with GC without his managers knowledge. And I always thought of Dusty as a bloke who was true to his word.We bag our captain out but at the moment he seems like one of the few blokes in our club and the AFL that I’d believe when he speaks.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7236 on: September 14, 2024, 08:43:31 AM »
Who cares? Honestly, let it go. He’s 34 next year. Looked completely cooked this year. I am sure that he’ll have some cracking games but there’s nothing left for him (or Dimma) to achieve at Tigerland.
Move on. Seriously.  :sleep
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7237 on: September 14, 2024, 08:55:41 AM »
Who cares? Honestly, let it go. He’s 34 next year. Looked completely cooked this year. I am sure that he’ll have some cracking games but there’s nothing left for him (or Dimma) to achieve at Tigerland.
Move on. Seriously.  :sleep
With all due respect, and I think  some of your points are valid, as were Dio’s earlier in the thread, but if I or anyone else feel irritated by this then we are well within our rights to be It’s not like I’ll be ringing the mens help line, boycotting games over it or will boo Dusty but I’m peed off over how the last 12 months have panned out and the damage it will cause for a few years to come. But I’ll get over it regardless of how people think I should react.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7238 on: September 14, 2024, 08:58:58 AM »
FFS, give me a break. We got Tom Lynch for nothing and Prestia, all of a sudden we’re the ones hard done by because they get a could of our players? Cry me a river….

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #7239 on: September 14, 2024, 09:19:17 AM »
FFS, give me a break. We got Tom Lynch for nothing and Prestia, all of a sudden we’re the ones hard done by because they get a could of our players? Cry me a river….

We paid up for Prestia including a first round pick
Lynch they got pick 3 as compo

Saying it like they got zip isn’t the case

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7240 on: September 14, 2024, 09:25:09 AM »
And they’re going to pay up for Rioli. The whole Dusty thing is a beat up. The worst thing about it is that looks like that hack Ox is proven right

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7241 on: September 14, 2024, 09:26:01 AM »

It’s how this is playing out that irritates me. It’s very Hardwick-esque and I wouldn’t be surprised if this was orchestrated by him. He seems to be ruthless in his pursuit of success. Brings in Taranto and Hopper and then leaves the club 7 games in citing being cooked. Then he signs on as GC coach, Rioli leaves, staff go up there and now Dusty. I defended this bloke to many but now I just see a bloke who’s willing to deceive and lie to others in order to achieve success. I also wouldn’t be surprised if Dusty had contact with GC without his managers knowledge. And I always thought of Dusty as a bloke who was true to his word.We bag our captain out but at the moment he seems like one of the few blokes in our club and the AFL that I’d believe when he speaks.

Excellent post  :clapping

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7242 on: September 14, 2024, 10:46:12 AM »
It’s a bit average , all sections of the club are falling apart.  The disrespect for the club by its own says it all, actions speak louder than words as they jump ship and leave us with scraps , to me it like every man for himself as the dynasty is over.  Reminds me of the early 80’s
Harkwick may have won us a few premierships and we are grateful but is showing imo he is deciptful and all about himself !

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #7243 on: September 14, 2024, 12:30:11 PM »
Tigers legend Matthew Richardson ‘not surprised’ by Dustin Martin’s possible defection to Gold Coast Suns

7news
14 Sep 2024

“I can’t say I’m entirely surprised. The rumour’s been going around for quite a while now, most of the season if not even last season,” Richardson told 7NEWS.

“(I’m) not surprised. It did feel pretty final, though, when he walked a final lap of the MCG in Round 24. But he’s obviously had some time to think about it now.

“If Dustin thinks he can get himself motivated to play AFL footy again then good luck to him. Good luck to Gold Coast Suns.”

“I think he was just sick of the fishbowl environment in Melbourne and wasn’t enjoying it any more,” Richardson said.

“If he can find that enjoyment, but more importantly the motivation, then good luck to him and the Gold Coast Suns and of course he’ll be reunited with his old coach Damien Hardwick.”

“If you put your Richmond hat on you would’ve loved to have seen Dustin be a Richmond player for his whole career,” Richardson said.

“But in saying that I don’t think anyone would begrudge him. I mean he won them three premierships, basically.

“Without him they mightn’t have won any of them. I don’t think there’d be too many Richmond people begrudging Dustin the opportunity to go around again somewhere else.”

https://7news.com.au/sport/afl/tigers-legend-matthew-richardson-not-surprised-by-dustin-martins-possible-defection-to-gold-coast-suns-c-16045242

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7244 on: September 14, 2024, 01:06:33 PM »
Sensational Richo.  :clapping