Author Topic: Dustin Martin [merged]  (Read 1098271 times)

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Dustin Martin - 300 games [merged]
« Reply #6885 on: June 12, 2024, 10:55:12 PM »
Yep something very odd about this all. They were very close up until dimma started fooling around. Trent and his Barbie wife wanted dimma sacked immediately. I know you'll all have a dig at me , ridiculing me , but it's true. Trent was the only player who wanted dimma gone.. Dusty is huge on loyalty. Trent wasn't. Image was more important to Trent.

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6886 on: June 12, 2024, 10:56:33 PM »
As I said it's most likely that it was his main employer ch.7 who put the kibosh on it... :shh
Nope.. Trent spoke about Dusty on SEN . This was a Richmond and Dusty decision

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Founding member of the Fab 5
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #6887 on: June 12, 2024, 11:02:30 PM »
:lol
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #6888 on: June 13, 2024, 12:08:27 AM »
Lmao - he still babysits their kids...stop making shyte up you grub..... :thumbsdown
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6889 on: June 13, 2024, 12:15:24 AM »
DON'T ARGUE | The Dustin Martin story

The story of Richmond champion Dustin Martin as told by those close to him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wndeMZoeGYk

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6890 on: June 13, 2024, 12:20:36 AM »
Yep something very odd about this all. They were very close up until dimma started fooling around. Trent and his Barbie wife wanted dimma sacked immediately. I know you'll all have a dig at me , ridiculing me , but it's true. Trent was the only player who wanted dimma gone.. Dusty is huge on loyalty. Trent wasn't. Image was more important to Trent.

Let it go man. Let it go……

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6891 on: June 13, 2024, 06:48:46 AM »

Not out of the question. Strange indeed
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #6892 on: June 13, 2024, 07:23:31 AM »
As I said it's most likely that it was his main employer ch.7 who put the kibosh on it... :shh

It's certainly possible but if we are being honest we simply don't know

Sorry to be so blunt but I think that's laughable.

No club in their right mind would deny a former player like Cotch from taking part in a video like this for a player like Dusty.

They are two of the best players of the last decade+ and have achieved the whole lot.

Shedda works for the Crows in recruitment and I would think they are more butthurt than the Lions ever were.

Cotch missing is very curious to me and I would only be wondering at best if they have just drifted away or were never really that close bar being teammates and living together.

In years gone by other Clubs have refused to give their current players permission to go back to their old clubs to celebrate special occasions. It has happened...granted highly unlikely in 2024 but there is a precedent  ;D

But whatever...

Here you go again. They are still close to suggest otherwise is ridiculous.

But again..whatever
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6893 on: June 13, 2024, 09:06:20 AM »
In the words of Claw - WhO CaREs!

In my mind, always have thought of him as the best finals players in my time of watching footy.
Consistently brilliant and the stand out player from that era in 2017 - 2020. Had he not suffered that shocking corky vs Hawks (and Astbury and co not been struck down with flu) we would have won a 4th flag.

The only couple in my mind to come close are Gary Ayres, Andy McLeod, Wayne Johnston, Diesel, Vossy and perhaps Aker and Matera
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6894 on: June 13, 2024, 03:34:23 PM »

It's certainly possible but if we are being honest we simply don't know

Sorry to be so blunt but I think that's laughable.

No club in their right mind would deny a former player like Cotch from taking part in a video like this for a player like Dusty.

They are two of the best players of the last decade+ and have achieved the whole lot.

Shedda works for the Crows in recruitment and I would think they are more butthurt than the Lions ever were.

Cotch missing is very curious to me and I would only be wondering at best if they have just drifted away or were never really that close bar being teammates and living together.

In years gone by other Clubs have refused to give their current players permission to go back to their old clubs to celebrate special occasions. It has happened...granted highly unlikely in 2024 but there is a precedent  ;D

But whatever...

Here you go again. They are still close to suggest otherwise is ridiculous.

But again..whatever

Yep whatever  :shh :bow

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #6895 on: June 13, 2024, 07:30:30 PM »
Dustin Martin, THANK YOU, you have provided us all with so much joy.

You are an immortal to Richmond.

:gotigers

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6896 on: June 13, 2024, 07:36:25 PM »
In the words of Claw - WhO CaREs!

In my mind, always have thought of him as the best finals players in my time of watching footy.
Consistently brilliant and the stand out player from that era in 2017 - 2020. Had he not suffered that shocking corky vs Hawks (and Astbury and co not been struck down with flu) we would have won a 4th flag.

The only couple in my mind to come close are Gary Ayres, Andy McLeod, Wayne Johnston, Diesel, Vossy and perhaps Aker and Matera

Well I can’t say for certain I think the loss in 2018 drove us to the flag in 2019. Similarly I think covid, the bubble and all that transgressed around that motivated them for 2020.

Whatever the case, again purely hypothetical but I can’t imagine we would have gone 4 in a row if we won in 2018.

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6897 on: June 13, 2024, 07:55:54 PM »

I have , it's many of you that can't let go

Offline Tiger_In_Sicily

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6898 on: June 13, 2024, 07:56:53 PM »
Dustin Martin, THANK YOU, you have provided us all with so much joy.

You are an immortal to Richmond.

:gotigers
Yep, we are fortunate to have witnessed the greatest tiger of all time

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6899 on: June 13, 2024, 08:26:20 PM »

I have , it's many of you that can't let go

Yes that’s exactly how it seems based on the posts  ::)