Author Topic: Rhan Hooper [merged]  (Read 10859 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Bulldogs sniffing around ex-Lion Rhan Hooper (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #60 on: November 20, 2009, 10:16:39 PM »
Bulldogs sniffing around ex-Lion Rhan Hooper

* Scott Gullan
    * November 21, 2009

Rhan Hooper reacts after threading a goal for the Lions. Picture: Peter Wallis Source: Herald Sun

THE Western Bulldogs have emerged as a possible suitor for former Brisbane Lions speedster Rhan Hooper.

Bulldogs coach Rodney Eade met Hooper this week after it became apparent the 21-year-old could be a steal in Thursday's national draft, given he hasn't put a price on his head.

Hooper, who has also been courted by Hawthorn and Richmond, was surprisingly delisted by the Lions despite being under contract for $330,000 next year.

While he is in dispute with Brisbane over a payout, Hooper is expected to be compensated significantly, which means he has no problem in playing for the minimum wage next season at a new club.

The Bulldogs have little room to move in their salary cap, but the chance to grab a proven talent such as Hooper for virtually nothing appeals, given their need for a goalsneak to work alongside Barry Hall in a new forward set-up.

Hooper has been training with Richmond for the past couple of weeks, although it's believed he failed to show for a session on Thursday.

His four-season, 48-game career at the Lions was littered with discipline problems. It was hoped a new environment would trigger a better commitment.

Richmond made a play for Hooper two years ago, which led to Brisbane countering with a $1 million, three-year contract that raised eyebrows.

Despite kicking four goals in Round 1 this year and two the next week, Hooper played only seven more games for the season. However, he did return after an eight-week absence to play in the Lions' two finals.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/bulldogs-sniffing-around-ex-lion-rhan-hooper/story-e6frf9jf-1225800721502

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
Re: Rhan Hooper [merged]
« Reply #61 on: November 20, 2009, 11:55:04 PM »
No!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #62 on: November 21, 2009, 07:00:18 PM »
Again if it is true then Hardwick and co need to get rid of him this minute, no delays, no second chances, not a chance..... bloody fool Hooper!!
Maybe Hooper was staying in an apartment across the hall from Cosmo Kramer when the industrial heat pump Kramer was using for his living room hot-tub blew the electricity fuse to the whole building making the water in the tub go cold that Kramer was sleeping in causing Kramer's fail-safe body clock to fail when he developed hypothermia and caused Hooper's electric alarm clock to not go off. He should have stayed and got a good night's sleep at Elaine's place as planned :wallywink.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2009, 07:43:08 PM »
Again if it is true then Hardwick and co need to get rid of him this minute, no delays, no second chances, not a chance..... bloody fool Hooper!!
Maybe Hooper was staying in an apartment across the hall from Cosmo Kramer when the industrial heat pump Kramer was using for his living room hot-tub blew the electricity fuse to the whole building making the water in the tub go cold that Kramer was sleeping in causing Kramer's fail-safe body clock to fail when he developed hypothermia and caused Hooper's electric alarm clock to not go off. He should have stayed and got a good night's sleep at Elaine's place as planned :wallywink.

Geezus MT what an analysis, lost me at "Maybe Hooper"... :lol
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #64 on: November 21, 2009, 08:07:09 PM »

LOL. I just saw a repeat of that episode of Seinfield the other day. Hooper shouldn't have peeed off the wake-up call guy either  ;D.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #65 on: November 21, 2009, 08:12:22 PM »

LOL. I just saw a repeat of that episode of Seinfield the other day. Hooper shouldn't have peeed off the wake-up call guy either  ;D.

Yeah I gathered it was Seinfield... :lol

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #66 on: November 21, 2009, 08:50:12 PM »
Or maybe he got lost in the multi-level car park after going shopping for an air-conditioner.  ;D
He needs parents like George's to keep him in line..."If I am not in front of my building at 6:15 when my parents get there, they are going to put me on an aggravation installment plan that will compound with interest for decades."  :lol
I love that quote!!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #67 on: November 21, 2009, 11:50:20 PM »
Maybe Hooper didn't have his nap unlike George.... "I love a good nap. Sometimes it's the only thing getting me out of bed in the morning."

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #68 on: November 22, 2009, 02:46:19 AM »
Hawthorn's focus on making a ruckman a priority has meant it has moderated its interest in fast but enigmatic Brisbane Lions forward Rhan Hooper. The Bulldogs reportedly have some interest in Hooper but that is understood to be tepid at best. Hooper was delisted by Brisbane with a year to go on a contract worth at least $320,000 next year. That contract dispute will go to the grievance tribunal.

The Hawks are more likely to pursue Hooper if he is still available as a mature-aged rookie. Richmond retains modest interest in Hooper. He has been training at Punt Road but suffered an early soft tissue injury and has been in the rehab group throughout.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/rfnews/hawks-are-all-eyes-on-the-ruck-draft/2009/11/21/1258220010918.html

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #69 on: November 22, 2009, 01:24:55 PM »
Told ya we had the wrong Ex Lion Player training with us  ;D ;D ;D

That Hooper missed a training session should be enough to send him on his way .... but to hear he has already suffereda soft tissue injury is a concern

On your bike Rhan - C'YA
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #70 on: November 22, 2009, 02:12:01 PM »
It is clear Hooper does not have the right attitude. See ya later Rhan.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #71 on: November 23, 2009, 12:15:17 AM »
Did you two read the post by OE, he is in the rehab group, or did he still miss the training day??

"Rucks:

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #72 on: November 23, 2009, 09:29:02 AM »
Did you two read the post by OE, he is in the rehab group, or did he still miss the training day??

He missed a session, didn't turn up either on time or at all

Enough said I would have a thought...
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #73 on: November 23, 2009, 09:49:58 PM »

He missed a session, didn't turn up either on time or at all

Enough said I would have a thought...
Yep whether he was in rehab or not if he didn't turn up because he "forgot" then he's done his dash you would think.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #74 on: November 23, 2009, 10:37:30 PM »
His car keeps runnning out of petrol.