Author Topic: Changes for the Swans game?  (Read 2490 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Changes for the Swans game?
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2010, 07:13:29 PM »
Out: McGuane (inj), Tambling (inj)

In: Gourdis, Moore
Thanks WAT, it's plainly obvious Ritchie is injured. Ostitis Pubis?

Yeah not sure GR12, I think he is going well but could be going better, something is bothering him, he has something wrong. I am not sure if it is OP but if it is, get him out and bring him back next season!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Mopsy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Once a Tiger always a Tiger
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2010, 08:32:02 PM »
And while on the subject of Danny Daly's talk, he had a few things to say about the kids on our list.  Given the vagaries and euphoria of our win and subsequent celebrations, there will be much I can't remember however a couple of points worth noting:

He believes Hicks will be a very good player for us, talked him up a fair bit.  Said you can't take very much notice of the fitness level of 1st year rookies because they don't get a chance for any pre-season work given that the draft isn't until December.  Reckons Hicks has got what it takes.

Said that Contin is still learning what senior football is about - where to run to, what is required etc.  Didn't talk him up in the same terms as Hicks.

Laughed as he told of Griffiths being our 'lucky charm' but said that he is likely to play all season in the seniors for the purpose of getting games into him.  Reckons he will be a very good player.

Said Post spent a lot of pre-season in the gym and was now working on his running fitness and game awareness.  Together with Gourdis, they are both very close to senior selection after some good recent Coburg efforts.

Reckons that Taylor has had a fair bit to deal with in his first season and was working through it all well.  Rates him as a player.

Dea has stress fractures and will miss about another 5 weeks.

McGuane almost didn't play, had to pass a last minute fitness test.  And they didn't expect Merrett to play, believed the rumours that he was injured again.

There was some other stuff that I can't recall but if someone else was there maybe they could elaborate?

I think that is pretty much an assessment of what was said Smokey  :thumbsup on Hicks he did not appear to think his lack of height was any problem to his advancement

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2010, 09:15:14 PM »

Not OP

I know there are some that don't want to acknowledge it but I think you will find the recovery from the compartment syndrome has a alot to do with it. No proper endurance running training during the pre-season (meaning not enough miles in the leg) has caused IMHO a problem with his general speed and speed off the mark.. Hopefully the break is what he needs
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2010, 09:20:06 PM »

Not OP

I know there are some that don't want to acknowledge it but I think you will find the recovery from the compartment syndrome has a alot to do with it. No proper endurance running training during the pre-season (meaning not enough miles in the leg) has caused IMHO a problem with his general speed and speed off the mark.. Hopefully the break is what he needs

Lets hope so WP, I really think Tambling can be our X factor, once his body is right... same with Cotch. I reckon Cotch is travelling at about 75% at the moment and look how good he is going.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2010, 08:41:20 AM »
I'd be happy wherever he played if he'd just stop coughing up the ball, and continually bringing our momentum to a screeching halt.....

pure fiction. He probably coughed up the ball one or two times, and he aided our momentum many times last night.

Pure FACT. And I'm not just talking about last night, when his dithering and indeciseveness drove every Tiger fan in my lounge room right up the wall. There are many instances in games this season when he's handballed to flat-footed players deep in defence, or run alongside crucial contests that he's needed to get involved, plus a host of other football sins that are too numerous to mention. Watch the tapes. Honestly, the sooner the footy dept. just swallows their pride and admits they got this one wrong and trades him, instead of waiting for him to blossom into the player he will NEVER be, the better. 

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2010, 05:47:15 PM »
RICHMOND - In the Mix

Tough to change a winning side, but the most likely inclusion is key defender Kelvin Moore, who faces a fitness test for a leg injury this week, which he is expected to pass that with flying colours. Pushing hard from Coburg are ruckman Andrew Browne, key defender David Gourdis and small forward Robin Nahas, but they are unlikely to crack a spot in the side to take on Sydney Swans.

SYDNEY SWANS
Strong reserves games from Trent Dennis-Lane (seven goals) and Henry Playfair (five) have put the pair in contention to face Richmond after Paul Roos signalled his intention to field a new-look forward line. Jesse White is set to be dropped after a lean run, while Daniel Bradshaw (knee) and Tadhg Kennelly (knee) will be tested this week. Jarred Moore (ankle) played a full game in the reserves' 132-point win against Queanbeyan while Pat Veszpremi and Brett Meredith also impressed.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/97141/default.aspx

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2010, 11:16:31 PM »
According to the Footy show added to our squad are Morton, Webberley, Gourdis, Nahas, Polo

Bradshaw, Kennelly and Veszpremi in for the Swans.

Ox

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2010, 12:56:40 AM »
Polio ?  :chuck

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2010, 06:48:53 AM »
According to the Footy show added to our squad are Morton, Webberley, Gourdis, Nahas, Polo

Bradshaw, Kennelly and Veszpremi in for the Swans.

But not Moore in the "squad"?

I reckon the Footy show wouldn't have a clue  ;D

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2010, 07:59:59 AM »
I'd rather have Gourdis in than Moore, or McGuane. After 3 years, it's time the club just rolled the dice on this bloke.

Offline Ekto

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2010, 08:11:17 AM »
I'd rather have Gourdis in than Moore, or McGuane. After 3 years, it's time the club just rolled the dice on this bloke.
Put your prejudice away RR and have faith in the people that are employed to make selection decisions and are developing the team nicely.

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2010, 08:23:27 AM »
Put your prejudice away RR and have faith in the people that are employed to make selection decisions and are developing the team nicely.

I do have faith in the people who are developing our team. If you'd read some of my posts responding to the people who want us to keep losing, to stock up on higher draft picks you would know that. My only prejudice is that I don't want us to keep playing undersized players in our key defensive posts.