Author Topic: Schulz to Port  (Read 54521 times)

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Schulz to Port
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2009, 08:15:10 AM »
Mitch Farmer >>>> Pick 80+ Port would offer for Schulz>>>>Jay Schulz 

Simple as that.

Mitch is also more of a footballers size.  180cms and 82 kgs, compared to Jake (174, 74) and Nahas (176, 67).

Probably our best chance to be a back pocket player that doesn't get rag dolled by small forwards.   :help

has Port been using anabolic steroids on thier players cause the Mitch l know was not near 82kg
infact he was around 76-77 kg & his played 3 games for memory

77kgs was his draft weight 2 years ago, TM.  :cheers 

5kg gain isn't an amazing gain.  He doesn't have our Matt Hornsby training him remember.  :shh  :rollin
EAT EM ALIVE!

Tigermonk

« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2009, 08:21:09 AM »
haha 5 kgs in 2 year  :lol l can put on in a month
well l hope he wants to play for Richmond & not like Shulzs tellin everyone his not interested to perform for the Tigers the season gone
should have been made to go into the draft

Tigermonk

« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2009, 08:24:10 AM »
Richmonds membership slogan this year should be

Meals on Wheels  ;D
do they eat down there cause since David Bourke nothing has changed

Time to work, Richmond dont make me money, they are pathetic  :banghead

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2009, 08:28:40 AM »
haha 5 kgs in 2 year  :lol l can put on in a month
well l hope he wants to play for Richmond & not like Shulzs tellin everyone his not interested to perform for the Tigers the season gone
should have been made to go into the draft

Exactly.  So steroids it ain't.  :thumbsup  

Well we can only hope, and trust, he puts in more than Schulz.  It wouldn't be hard.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2009, 09:26:33 AM »
I hope we get a pick upgrade for this swap.

Schulz can play a third defender/sweeper role (game against Hawks in 2008). He's a neat kick and can take a grab.

Farmer might not be any good at all.

We need to get rid of Schulz. Raines came out and said that he is not getting a go and wants another opportunity somewhere else.

Schulz seems happy plodding along in the VFL, kicking a few bags here and there, and doesn't kick up a fuss about not getting a senior game!

I think he has the 'cancer'.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2009, 09:31:33 AM »
I hope we get a pick upgrade for this swap.

Schulz can play a third defender/sweeper role (game against Hawks in 2008). He's a neat kick and can take a grab.

Farmer might not be any good at all.

We need to get rid of Schulz. Raines came out and said that he is not getting a go and wants another opportunity somewhere else.

Schulz seems happy plodding along in the VFL, kicking a few bags here and there, and doesn't kick up a fuss about not getting a senior game!

I think he has the 'cancer'.

What, for Coburg?  And in one AFL game, that was in his 5th year of the big time?

Don't overrate our players.

Just because we see Schulz do a couple of things at Coburg doesn't mean he's better than what Farmer is doing in the SANFL that we do not take any notice of.  Port supporters do not seem keen to lose him after only 2 years, which is better than them wanting him out the door.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2009, 09:55:20 AM »
What, for Coburg?  And in one AFL game, that was in his 5th year of the big time?

Don't overrate our players.

Late picks, not Schulz and 51 for Farmer and 8.

More like Schulz and 51 for Farmer and 40.

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2009, 10:29:22 AM »
Michaelangelo Rucci was just on SEN.

Confirmed the Schulz/Farmer swap was happening, then added....

Port Adelaide are starting to get on top of this trading game....

:lol :lol :lol

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2009, 10:44:22 AM »
Straight Swap, disappointing.

Questions have to be asked? Has Richmond researched Farmer at all? Or are we going in off just media releases and some Portadelaide.com write ups?

Maybe Schultz was going to be delisted anyway..

Just frustrating we keep feeding ourselves the same medicine, but Mitch may go alright.

Mark Williams is as ruthless as they come and he would certainly not let someone go that has potential. I would have liked Ports pick 40.
Go Tigers!

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2009, 10:49:46 AM »
Yeah, really feeding ourselves the same medicine by getting rid of a list clogger that was threatening to make it 7 years of clogging.  :banghead :banghead

Yeah we've done no other research popelord, I'm sure Brendon Lade knows nothing about him for a start.  ::) ::)

I for one, applaud this trade.  Schulz is no good, and Farmer is an unknown quantity but has far more chance of coming right than Schulz.  It's a win for us.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #55 on: October 07, 2009, 10:54:33 AM »
I'm disappointed with this trade. Even though Schulz showed nothing this year he was a good defender for us last year and has showed glimpses of ability in the forwardline when he has been given a chance. Talls don't grow on trees and I was hoping with added motivation and opportunity he may finally realize his potential as a key forward.

I agree completely with WA Tiger here. Surely we have learnt our lesson with trades haven't we?! Thomson cost us a third round pick last year, to the same club we are initiating this trade as well. Port does not give away good players - we do.

Farmer is small, injury prone and has achieved nothing to date. Small players are a dime a dozen, KPP are as rare as hens teeth. A swap for Hughes would have been a better move as he is of similar age and has done as little as Farmer. Schulz is reaching peak size and experience so he has a lot more upside than Farmer does.

If Farmer comes on it will be a minor win for the Tigers but if Schulz steps up for Port it would be a masterstroke. We should get more out of the deal than just a straight Swap.

Stripes

Offline Fluffy Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes I was realy born in Richmond
    • Canning A.R.T.S.
« Reply #56 on: October 07, 2009, 10:56:17 AM »
Not sure about this trade as talls are hard to find but at least the Kid is comming home and should feel comfy

From Port Website

Junior Clubs: Craigieburn  
Here , kitty kitty. Here , kitty kitty.   AAAUGH!

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #57 on: October 07, 2009, 10:58:41 AM »
One less lazy footballer at our club is a bonus IMO.  :thumbsup Farmer could be anything for us so here's hoping.  :pray

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #58 on: October 07, 2009, 11:05:00 AM »
Yeah, really feeding ourselves the same medicine by getting rid of a list clogger that was threatening to make it 7 years of clogging.  :banghead :banghead

Yeah we've done no other research popelord, I'm sure Brendon Lade knows nothing about him for a start.  ::) ::)

I for one, applaud this trade.  Schulz is no good, and Farmer is an unknown quantity but has far more chance of coming right than Schulz.  It's a win for us.

Seems a bit rushed TA. W haven't sort after Farmer he's been given to us for wanting to offload Schultz. We offload a player for an offloaded player. You don't get many of these right.

As for research I forgot about Lade's knowledge but I reckon the fact Williams doesn't want him speaks louder than Lade thinking he goes ok.

The chances are higher I suppose but if we recieved a pick instead at least we have control on who we get instead of accepting Mitch Farmer, which is what it seems like.
Go Tigers!

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #59 on: October 07, 2009, 11:11:06 AM »
Look I think Schultz has been given plenty of chances, he obviously isn't settleing in after 6-7 odd years and 70 games, he's been tried everywhere and otehr than the Brisbane game of 7 goals has never played 4 quarters.

The decision to trade Schultz is correct you can't keep giving the same chickens the food.

I just think we're not benefiting out of the deal. Farmer was a pick 49, and has not shown glimpses of eliteness at all. I think we'd be better off getting a pick 40-50 and rolling the dice on the likes of Tom Harms, Matt Scott or an Alex Calder.

I could be wrong I just prefer the gamble of an unknown kid then someone whose been in the system for 2 years and has failed to impress a club. With ful knowledge Farmer wasn't getting a game at at SANFL level so he switched clubs to get in a senior side, credit to himself he played well when he did but questions have to be asked: Surely Schultz is worth more than a avg SANFL player?

I want pick 40 for Schultz.
Go Tigers!