Author Topic: Tigers make $1,590,755 profit  (Read 2899 times)

Offline Muscles

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tigers make $1,590,755 profit
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2009, 05:12:48 PM »
Again I say from my point of view (and this is what i do for a living  ;D) I don't see it as major cause for concern.

If you look at the Cashflow statement it clearly shows that during the course of the year we took out $4.9mil in commercial bills and repaid $4.4mil so this demonstates to me that the commerical bill situation is a short financing option, which as I said earlier is quite common for businesses to operate under especially those revenue is seasonal which is the case with Football Clubs

WP, I kind of got the impression that you might be commenting from a position of having expertise in the area.  I would have liked to see the debt paid down by some amount, but I accept that the reality of bad on-field performances coupled with paying out of the previous coach's contract all has an impact on financial reality.

I also take MT's point about not paying down the debt whilst rebuilding our facilities and bringing up to a modern competitive standard.

Good discussion nevertheless and makes me feel more comfortable about the financial position of our club.

Shame we never found out more about the future vision and directions of our Board candidates, but that's for another discussion.

Cheers 

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Tigers make $1,590,755 profit
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2009, 08:16:39 PM »
I'd take a guess we won't start eating into this $5m liability until after all the construction at Punt Road and Craigieburn is completed in a year's time. Didn't the Club have to put some of its own money ($2m?) towards the redevelopment?

Yep the Club had to find the balance of the $$$ for the re-development at Punt Road (NB: the RFC are not contributing any $$ to Craigieburn) but this will come mainly from contributions to the JD Foundation. But agree MT that while the re-develpoment ios going on if there is a short fall the Club will need to Fund it
Ta WP. I see North are now going to focus on reducing their debt now that their new facilities are completed. I'd take a guess we'll probably follow a similar path in a year's time when both Punt Road and Craigieburn are finished.

LOL FF  :wallywink
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd