Author Topic: Face Off - Spud v Wallace  (Read 12179 times)

Hellenic Tiger

Re: Face Off - Spud v Wallace
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2009, 08:31:43 PM »
Thank you Terry. You shattered 40000 souls with your crap. Your tenure was worse than Jamestown in 1978. Our mass murder was in rd 1 2009. 40000 of us never to recover.

I think you mean Jonestown Tucker - Jim Jones and his followers  ;D

In answer to the pole

I really don't care there gone and forgotten  :thumbsup

Yes my quoting on History is not as good as yours WP.  :thumbsup
It was November 1978. Jonestown Guyana I believe. Thanks for that champ. :bow

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2009, 08:50:21 PM »
Yes my quoting on History is not as good as yours WP.  :thumbsup
It was November 1978. Jonestown Guyana I believe. Thanks for that champ. :bow

Yeah that's it

Only remember because I watched a doco on it the other week on Foxtel's History channel
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2009, 08:52:20 PM »

If only that was true WP. Their list management, player development, game plans and culture cultivation will live on well beyond their tenure at Punt Road. It will take more than one year of consistent change and hard training to even begin to correct the path that these two have set our list upon.

Stripes

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2009, 08:55:27 PM »

If only that was true WP. Their list management, player development, game plans and culture cultivation will live on well beyond their tenure at Punt Road. It will take more than one year of consistent change and hard training to even begin to correct the path that these two have set our list upon.

Stripes

Yeah yeah I know stripes

But I am slowly starting to warm to my club again and to think about those 2 doesn't help my cause  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Gigantor

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2009, 09:00:35 PM »
LOL this is a face off between tweedle dee and tweedle dum

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2009, 09:22:13 PM »

They could make a movie and call it "Dumb and Dumber"!!  Oh wait, that's already been done.   :lol

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2009, 09:52:14 PM »

They could make a movie and call it "Dumb and Dumber"!!  Oh wait, that's already been done.   :lol

maybe they should make a movie ... "Spud & Plough: Based On A True Story"

:)

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2009, 10:03:21 PM »

Scalloped Spuds.
Two men 1 result. The story of a man who grows them and a man who looks likes them. :thumbsup

Tigermonk

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2009, 10:45:42 PM »

Scalloped Spuds.
Two men 1 result. The story of a man who grows them and a man who looks likes them. :thumbsup

farken prick l spat coke all over my screen  :rollin

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2009, 11:42:34 PM »
Spud was a s hithouse coach but he was better than the Suntanned one.

Spud wins.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2009, 08:35:24 AM »
Wallace the tool's name should be banned from this website ever again.

He completely screwed us over big time, with the list and his own selfish agenda that he pushed time and time again

Spud for all his faults took us to finals, where we beat the Blues. Now anyone who thinks that wasn't a better feeling that what this fool did in 5 years is beyond me.

But for me the worst thing Wallet ever did was after he knew he was leaving when he bagged us out. The "train wreck" comment was a disgrace and not to mention the comments about "if im to take credit for the Tigers recruitment then i should take credit for the Buldogs also". who gives a flying stuff about the Buldogs we only care about the RFC.

This guy is an embarrassment to himself and to the football world and what a suprrise the only people that rate him as a person and football person is SEN. The radio station where all sacked coaches can get a job.

Spud was a better person through and through and never once bagged the club, and always stood up for his players to the media during his time.

The club is all the better for it, its a shame it took 5 years when most people knew he was a tiprat 3 years ago

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Jackstar is back

« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2009, 08:49:16 AM »
Wallace the tool's name should be banned from this website ever again.

He completely screwed us over big time, with the list and his own selfish agenda that he pushed time and time again

Spud for all his faults took us to finals, where we beat the Blues. Now anyone who thinks that wasn't a better feeling that what this fool did in 5 years is beyond me.

But for me the worst thing Wallet ever did was after he knew he was leaving when he bagged us out. The "train wreck" comment was a disgrace and not to mention the comments about "if im to take credit for the Tigers recruitment then i should take credit for the Buldogs also". who gives a flying eff about the Buldogs we only care about the RFC.

This guy is an embarrassment to himself and to the football world and what a suprrise the only people that rate him as a person and football person is SEN. The radio station where all sacked coaches can get a job.

Spud was a better person through and through and never once bagged the club, and always stood up for his players to the media during his time.

The club is all the better for it, its a shame it took 5 years when most people knew he was a tiprat 3 years ago

Totally agree Daniel.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2009, 12:08:23 PM »
Spud has the runs on the board with a premiership under his belt but Wallace has left us more to work with (well at least it seems that way at the moment). Spud was a better bloke who would have made a great captain or assistant coach but lacked the tactical nous, teaching skills and focus that all good coaches possess. TW was great tactically and was a student of the game but lacked the know-with-all to pass this onto the players who found his message confusing rather than inspirational. Spud was hands on but TW was distant. Spud was clueless in front of the media which just caused the Tigers faithful to lose hope and becoming increasingly disillusioned and frustrated (projectile spit anyone?). TW was a spin doctor who kept the masses as bay by selling a message of long term hope which allowed the club to make a half arsed attempt at rebuilding.

All in all its hard to split the two - if loyalty, passion and honesty was the criteria for a good coach Spud would win hands down but if media nous, tactics and professionalism was the crucial criteria then Wallace would win.

Even though I am thoroughly disillusioned with Wallace's disloyalty, correct strategy (1% are non existent) and self preserving trading, I still think he has left us with more to work with than Spud did. Whether than is enough is another story but I still think we now have the skeleton of a good team. We just need Hardwick and our recruiters to add some flesh and muscle now!  :thumbsup

Stripes

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2009, 12:29:09 PM »
SPUDS RICHMOND 2000-04

Games....113
won....45
Lost....68
win %...39.82
Richmonds ranking during this period....13th

Spud had a winning record of 57% after his first two seasons.His final 3 seasons saw Richmond win only 18 of 66 games @ 27%

TERRY & JADES RICHMOND 2005-09

Games...110
won...40
lost...67
Draws...3
win % 37.73
Richmonds ranking during this period....13th
« Last Edit: October 13, 2009, 03:59:55 PM by mat073 »
Unleash the tornado

Offline Dogga

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2009, 12:34:30 PM »

Scalloped Spuds.

Best laugh I have had in a while  :lol