Author Topic: Mitch Thorp  (Read 12763 times)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Mitch Thorp delisted by Hawthorn
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2009, 07:48:12 PM »
Pretty interesting I reckon and not as much between them as you might have thought. 

Really?

Richo 114 goals in 42 games
Jack 57 goals in 46 games

Back to Thorp we're not seriously entertaining this spud I hope.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2009, 08:36:15 PM »
Pretty interesting I reckon and not as much between them as you might have thought. 

Really?

Richo 114 goals in 42 games
Jack 57 goals in 46 games

Back to Thorp we're not seriously entertaining this spud I hope.

Yeah MM, you can look at one stat in isolation and use it to make a case, and yeah, you can say the main role of your key forward is to kick goals but in Jack's defence he has had to play 2nd fiddle to Richo for a fair chunk of his career so far, he is now taking just as many marks, and applies far more forward line pressure that by volume increases the team's scoring chances.  Hence my opinion - I don't think there is as much between them at this early stage as some (including me) might have thought.

And re: Thorp - he is definitely not one I would be looking at but at least we have some first hand knowledge involved in the decision making.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2009, 10:04:16 PM »
Does anyone actually know if this bloke is over his injuries and has started training yet, rumor on BF is he wants to come to the Tiges and we want him???????
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2009, 09:11:24 AM »
Does anyone actually know if this bloke is over his injuries and has started training yet, rumor on BF is he wants to come to the Tiges and we want him???????
He started preseason training with the Hawks before he was delisted and was reportedly looking very fit

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2009, 02:20:10 PM »
He started preseason training with the Hawks before he was delisted and was reportedly looking very fit

Cheers Inf!

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2009, 05:34:26 PM »
Thanks smokey, don't have richos height and weight from those early years do you?

Richo did his knee vs Swans in 1995.

Pushed into the fence wansn't he? seemed to be a bit of that that year.

I thought he was just trying to pull up because there was only 30cm between the boundary and fence.
Wayne, it is on my "Fighting Tiger Spirit" youtube clip if you want to relive it. Its around the 3 minute mark
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-5fWk27ye4

From what I could see, Dunkley shoves him in the back towards the boundary and he props awkwardly in an effort to stop.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 05:53:32 PM by tiga »

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #66 on: November 05, 2009, 05:54:59 PM »
Thanks smokey, don't have richos height and weight from those early years do you?

Richo did his knee vs Swans in 1995.

Pushed into the fence wansn't he? seemed to be a bit of that that year.

I thought he was just trying to pull up because there was only 30cm between the boundary and fence.
Wayne, it is on my "Fighting Tiger Spirit" youtube clip if you want to relive it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-5fWk27ye4

From what I could see, Dunkley shoves him in the back towards the boundary and he props awkwardly in an effort to stop.

Thanks tiga, I was starting to think that my memory had finally gone AWOL :rollin
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #67 on: November 05, 2009, 05:59:47 PM »
Hence my opinion - I don't think there is as much between them at this early stage as some (including me) might have thought.

Personally I think there's a fair gap but anyway. Jack in Richo's absence was really up and down this year.

Con65

« Reply #68 on: November 05, 2009, 06:05:43 PM »
Ummmm is this the Mitch Thorp is delisted by Hawthorn thread?

Cos my eyes went funny and i thought i was reading about a debate regarding Jack and Richo....

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #69 on: November 05, 2009, 06:15:48 PM »
Hence my opinion - I don't think there is as much between them at this early stage as some (including me) might have thought.

Personally I think there's a fair gap but anyway. Jack in Richo's absence was really up and down this year.
In terms of getting the pill and putting through the big sticks,yeah, there is. In some other respects (defensive pressure) Jack is better even though he is not consistent with that either. Jack has shown he has got the ability, he just need to step up and perform consistently. Hopefully the new coaching regime can provide the leadership and guidance to help him achieve this, something T Wallet obviously couldn't.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #70 on: November 06, 2009, 12:32:37 AM »
Ummmm is this the Mitch Thorp is delisted by Hawthorn thread?

Cos my eyes went funny and i thought i was reading about a debate regarding Jack and Richo....

Ditto.

"Rucks:

Online TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #71 on: November 07, 2009, 12:24:29 AM »
The kid can play. I'd be keen to stay away the guy is a bit of a FIGJAM and would be then next Warren Tredrea.

Mate of mine who works with Gellong Falcons said that when Tom Harley came through the VFL after an injury he lined up on Mitch Thorp.

Harley walked over to Thorp lined up on him and Thorp said:
"Today is the day Mitch Thorp ends you career.."

A nobody 20 year old kid to a premiership captain.. dumb and too big for his own shoes for mine.
Go Tigers!

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #72 on: November 07, 2009, 01:26:53 AM »
The kid can play. I'd be keen to stay away the guy is a bit of a FIGJAM and would be then next Warren Tredrea.

Mate of mine who works with Gellong Falcons said that when Tom Harley came through the VFL after an injury he lined up on Mitch Thorp.

A nobody 20 year old kid to a premiership captain.. dumb and too big for his own shoes for mine.

You don't have to have a mate who works at the Geelong Falcons to know this story, it was in the paper and was already reported in this thread

The thing is though that Thorp kicked 7 goals in that game

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #73 on: November 07, 2009, 11:55:30 PM »

You don't have to have a mate who works at the Geelong Falcons to know this story, it was in the paper and was already reported in this thread

Yes and Jay Schulz kicked 5 against Brisbane one year also...your point is??

Rubbish player like that fruitloop Hooper. Cut from the same cloth they are.

Going backwards if we pick up either of them

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Tigermonk

« Reply #74 on: November 08, 2009, 12:01:54 AM »

Yes and Jay Schulz kicked 5 against Brisbane one year also...your point is??

Rubbish player like that fruitloop Hooper. Cut from the same cloth they are.

Going backwards if we pick up either of them

:thumbsup another Jesse Smith & soon to be Cotchin who cant get on the park fit  ;D