Author Topic: OER PHANTOM DRAFT 2009  (Read 17370 times)

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
Re: OER PHANTOM DRAFT 2009
« Reply #120 on: November 18, 2009, 10:30:54 AM »
Ramps, You could probably still take Jim Boogie as a Rookie/Project Player but at this stage with his O.P issues, he may not debut for you until his late 20's  :lol

Now for Pick 52, Fremantle Would like to select,

Jarryd Amalfi, Dandenong Stingrays.

We are looking for a young rugged defender and as he was named after the Amalfi coast in Italy, which is renowned for its ruggedness, He was the obvious choice.

Ramps

« Reply #121 on: November 18, 2009, 10:58:55 AM »
Ramps, You could probably still take Jim Boogie as a Rookie/Project Player but at this stage with his O.P issues, he may not debut for you until his late 20's  :lol

We are looking for a young rugged defender and as he was named after the Amalfi coast in Italy, which is renowned for its ruggedness, He was the obvious choice.

If someone is on the other site, where I first brought up this potential aboriginal superstar, can they place link here so we can get a laugh. That was one of the all time best threads ever.

Offline crannyvegas

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #122 on: November 18, 2009, 12:14:24 PM »
North at this point will probably pass to see what's available in the PSD, but let's suppose they don't and pick up the spunky young footballer in Alex Carey (181cm & 77kg). A midfielder/wing player out of South Oz who has a keen ability to read the play and decent skills. 
Detka! Detka! Detka!

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #123 on: November 18, 2009, 05:56:29 PM »

If someone is on the other site, where I first brought up this potential aboriginal superstar, can they place link here so we can get a laugh. That was one of the all time best threads ever.

Ahhh the memories! I remember that thread oh soooo well. You sucked in quite a few over there.  :lol

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #124 on: November 18, 2009, 11:13:29 PM »
Sydney are now looking to keep structure in their list so with pick #54 they will take a tall defender from SA - Todd Culley - he has Leo Barry written all over him.

And with pick #55 they will take Sam Ezard from Vic - a small midfielder with a terrific work rate - he will fit in perfectly with this club.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #125 on: November 18, 2009, 11:59:57 PM »
With pick 56 Geelong take Levi Casboult. A big lad at 198cm and 103kg this mature age player kicked 47.14 for the Dandenong stingrays this year. He also played a couple of games for Frankston seniors being in the best players once. Having only played the game for three years Geelong think there is still a lot of improvement and could see him working in tandem with Hawkins in the future. (Already a better kick than the 'hawk)
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #126 on: November 19, 2009, 04:21:47 AM »
Not really a shock selection here but Richmond selects North Ballarat Rebels youngster Josh Cowan. At 183cm and 73kgs he has about 10kgs to put on but thats possible. Run and carry good. Runs lines well. Quick. See him being able to play on a wing or at half back.
He looks and moves like a young Jordie  :o.

No left foot either Mr Ramps Miller lol  :nope.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ramps

« Reply #127 on: November 19, 2009, 07:42:15 AM »
Not really a shock selection here but Richmond selects North Ballarat Rebels youngster Josh Cowan. At 183cm and 73kgs he has about 10kgs to put on but thats possible. Run and carry good. Runs lines well. Quick. See him being able to play on a wing or at half back.

I remember years where we had squillions of left footers and we still finished on the bottom  ;D
Happy to have Josh at Richmond.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #128 on: November 19, 2009, 08:43:45 AM »
57. Hawthorn - Jesse Crichton (North Launceston) 183cm 66kg
Best available selection here. Rated as an early-late 2nd round draft pick, getting him in the 4th round is a bit of a steal

58. Hawthorn - Jasper McMillan-Pittard (Geelong Falcons) 185cm 70kg
Another best available selection here. Medium athletic run and carry defender. Considered a late 1st-2nd round pick.

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #129 on: November 19, 2009, 11:28:02 AM »
57. Hawthorn - Jesse Crichton (North Launceston) 183cm 66kg
Best available selection here. Rated as an early-late 2nd round draft pick, getting him in the 4th round is a bit of a steal

58. Hawthorn - Jasper McMillan-Pittard (Geelong Falcons) 185cm 70kg
Another best available selection here. Medium athletic run and carry defender. Considered a late 1st-2nd round pick.

That's highway robbery getting those two at picks 57 and 58.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #130 on: November 19, 2009, 10:49:55 PM »

I remember years where we had squillions of left footers and we still finished on the bottom  ;D
Happy to have Josh at Richmond.
Apart from Leon Cameron our lefties couldn't kick on their right lol. Kids need to dual sided nowdays.

Cowan really does play similar to Jordie going by the following clip

http://offseasondraft.championdata.com/afl_off_season_draft/offSeasonDraft/player_profile.jsp?player_id=114599
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #131 on: November 21, 2009, 07:58:08 AM »
Bump. Waiting on pick 59. Carlton.

sabartooth, where are you?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #132 on: November 22, 2009, 12:54:04 PM »
Bump. Waiting on pick 59. Carlton.

sabartooth, where are you?

As sabartooth appears to be MIA and I'm home form holidays I will take Carlton's pick no 59 to get this draft moving  :thumbsup

Carlton Pick 59

After much thought the Carlton Football Club has decided to use their final pick on:

Jesse Smith (ex North Melb)

Although the club considered passing this pick and hold a pick for the PSD we felt that our chances of picking up Jesse in the PSD were not that great as we felt that Hawthorn would use a late pick in this draft for him. Carlton need KP forwards and we believe with the right rehab program and facilities  ;D Jesse can re-start his AFL career at the Blues

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #133 on: November 22, 2009, 04:24:32 PM »
60. St Kilda - Nathan Fyfe (Claremont, 18-Sep-1991, 186cm, 73kg)

The Saints have 3 late picks so take the best available kid here. Fyfe is a midsized forward who can play tall and mark as well as scoop the crumbs at the ground level. A natural footballer with good skills who keeps his feet and knows where the goals are at he showed in the U18 champs. At 73kg he'll need a little of time to put some muscle on but the Saints can afford to give him that time with their current experienced list.

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #134 on: November 22, 2009, 07:51:04 PM »
adelaide pick majak daw

raw talented excitement machine