Author Topic: OER PHANTOM DRAFT 2009  (Read 17398 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: OER PHANTOM DRAFT 2009
« Reply #90 on: November 15, 2009, 01:49:27 AM »
Here's video of the kid Ramps picked .....

Mitchell Fisher
D.O.B:   22-Apr-1991
Club:   Geelong
State:   VIC
Height:   181cm
Weight:   78kg
Position:   Defender
Quick and agile half back flanker/midfielder who is strong over the ball and rarely makes a mistake when in possession. Ultra competitive with sound decision making skills.

Video: http://offseasondraft.championdata.com/afl_off_season_draft/offSeasonDraft/player_profile.jsp?player_id=115826

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #91 on: November 15, 2009, 02:10:52 AM »
On the draft machine page for Geelong, Fisher is the fourth ranked potential draftee, as picked by the supporters. The draft machine will only spit his name out if you tick the agility box. Had him in the mix as a later round selection, only because I saw him listed here.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline crannyvegas

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #92 on: November 15, 2009, 11:02:35 AM »
Pick 41
North Melbourne will look to elevate their best North Ballarat player here, Myles Sewell.
Had a dominant year that was vindicated by his J.J Liston Trophy win.
Detka! Detka! Detka!

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #93 on: November 15, 2009, 12:36:59 PM »
With pick 42 Geelong picks Andrew Hooper,. This kid may be small in height, but he's not slight. Strong and willing to get the hard ball with good disposal, can fill a role either down back or up forward. If the fitness team can get some endurance into him could also rotate through the midfield.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #94 on: November 16, 2009, 01:45:55 PM »
It's been 24 hours so to get this moving .....

43. Carlton - David Astbury (26/2/91, 193cm, 79kg)

Tall from North Ballarat Rebels who can take a good contested mark and can play both in defence and up forward which would suit the Blues. Astbury will need a couple of years to bulk up but he has good pace and endurance. At AFL level will probably settle in the backline.

http://offseasondraft.championdata.com/afl_off_season_draft/offSeasonDraft/player_profile.jsp?player_id=115427

Ramps

« Reply #95 on: November 16, 2009, 02:00:11 PM »

Tall from North Ballarat Rebels who can take a good contested mark and can play both in defence and up forward which would suit the Blues. Astbury will need a couple of years to bulk up but he has good pace and endurance. At AFL level will probably settle in the backline.

http://offseasondraft.championdata.com/afl_off_season_draft/offSeasonDraft/player_profile.jsp?player_id=115427

Wasnt Sabretooth supposed to take this pick? Im deadset spewing I was going to take Astbury at 44. Um ok ... I will delve into the Ramps recruiting bag of tricks and cause a major controversy with pick 44.

Ramps

« Reply #96 on: November 16, 2009, 02:08:08 PM »
With pick 44 Richmond will produce its 2nd smokey of this draft. In the real draft I hope we get to take this lad at 67 or something but for sake of conversation and this thread and getting some discussion going we will bring forward our selection.

The player I am selecting here has not been selected anywhere. I havent seen his name in even 1 phantom draft. He has only been playing football for 18 months. He comes from a basketball background. He is 198cm tall and 104kgs but he carrys his weight really well. Hes running is clean. He takes grabs cleanly and out in front of his face not waiting for the footy to his chest. He can kick the footy really well and can kick a goal from beyond 50. The upside is enormous and I will take the chance that Damien Hardwick can teach this lad what needs to be done to become a star FULL FORWARD. Having said all that with selection

# 44 the Richmond FC selects: Warwick McGinty Glenelg FC, 198cm and 104kgs.

ps- Now I will wait for the attacks but I am prepared. I will go into hiding until my next pick.

http://offseasondraft.championdata.com/afl_off_season_draft/offSeasonDraft/player_profile.jsp?player_id=113089

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #97 on: November 16, 2009, 02:12:50 PM »

Wasnt Sabretooth supposed to take this pick? Im deadset spewing I was going to take Astbury at 44. Um ok ... I will delve into the Ramps recruiting bag of tricks and cause a major controversy with pick 44.
There's a 24-hour limit now otherwise we'll never get this finished before draft day. Even now we'll be pushing it with just 10 days to go. Hopefully we can average a minimum of 4 or 5 selections per day to get it done.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #98 on: November 16, 2009, 02:39:18 PM »
With pick 44 Richmond will produce its 2nd smokey of this draft. In the real draft I hope we get to take this lad at 67 or something but for sake of conversation and this thread and getting some discussion going we will bring forward our selection.

The player I am selecting here has not been selected anywhere. I havent seen his name in even 1 phantom draft. He has only been playing football for 18 months. He comes from a basketball background. He is 198cm tall and 104kgs but he carrys his weight really well. Hes running is clean. He takes grabs cleanly and out in front of his face not waiting for the footy to his chest. He can kick the footy really well and can kick a goal from beyond 50. The upside is enormous and I will take the chance that Damien Hardwick can teach this lad what needs to be done to become a star FULL FORWARD. Having said all that with selection

ps- Now I will wait for the attacks but I am prepared. I will go into hiding until my next pick.

http://offseasondraft.championdata.com/afl_off_season_draft/offSeasonDraft/player_profile.jsp?player_id=113089

Has Greg Beck or Miller taken over Ramps' account  :rollin
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ramps

« Reply #99 on: November 16, 2009, 02:40:49 PM »

hehehehehehehehehehehehehe :lol

The boyz gonna be a star  ;D

I hope  :pray

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #100 on: November 16, 2009, 02:50:21 PM »
Looks ok, Kicking is a bit iffy but as he doesn't have a footy background that could still be rectified.

Ramps

« Reply #101 on: November 16, 2009, 02:56:31 PM »
Looks ok, Kicking is a bit iffy but as he doesn't have a footy background that could still be rectified.

McGintys short passing is good. The long goal at the end of the clip shows he can kick long and straight.
Just what we need in a potential full forward although hes quite mobile in the ruck as well.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #102 on: November 16, 2009, 03:28:46 PM »

LOL

It's very hard to get stats on the SA kids but has McGinity ever played as a FF? From the stats I could find he kicked just 2 goals all year. He was named in the bests in two of Glenelg's ressie finals out of curiosity but more playing as a ruckman.

http://www.glenelgfc.com.au/fixture.htm

He seems more a big lump of a lad who plays in the ruck at SANFL U18/ressie level but would probably struggle in the ruck at AFL level without a big vertical leap as he's "only" 198cm tall compared to the 200cm+ types or athletic leaping freaks like Natanui and Ryder he would be up against.

Ramps

« Reply #103 on: November 16, 2009, 03:43:35 PM »

LOL

It's very hard to get stats on the SA kids but has McGinity ever played as a FF? From the stats I could find he kicked just 2 goals all year. He was named in the bests in two of Glenelg's ressie finals out of curiosity but more playing as a ruckman.

He seems more a big lump of a lad who plays in the ruck at SANFL U18/ressie level but would probably struggle in the ruck at AFL level without a big vertical leap as he's "only" 198cm tall compared to the 200cm+ types or athletic leaping freaks like Natanui and Ryder he would be up against.

I didnt pick him to become a ruckman. I picked him based on his physical attributes, his size, his speed, his kicking action, the way he marks the footy. I feel if a club puts him at Full Forward and develops him properly he could become a very decent full forward.

Also note he started the year in the lowest grade and got himself promoted to the senior 2s where as you said he got in the bests on 2 occasions in the finals series. Current progression is a very good sign IMHO.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #104 on: November 16, 2009, 04:41:11 PM »

LOL

I didnt pick him to become a ruckman. I picked him based on his physical attributes, his size, his speed, his kicking action, the way he marks the footy. I feel if a club puts him at Full Forward and develops him properly he could become a very decent full forward.

Also note he started the year in the lowest grade and got himself promoted to the senior 2s where as you said he got in the bests on 2 occasions in the finals series. Current progression is a very good sign IMHO.
Hard to tell from the footage if he has the acceleration to be a key forward. I can't find his state screening results for 20m sprints. He looks fairly quick for a big lad but if he has good acceleration then yeah there would be something to work with trying him as a permanent forward. He's overage so I think he'll be more a rookie selection in the real draft.

Btw he sees himself as another Will Minson.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/87070/default.aspx