Author Topic: Pick 19  (Read 4037 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Pick 19
« on: November 05, 2009, 04:39:56 PM »
Emma Quayle's view on who Richmond may go for at pick 19....

http://twitter.com/emmasq

Q. Hi Emma - If Griffiths/Fitzpatrick/Bastinac/Menzel/Gysberts/Christensen/Taylor/Vardy are available at 19, who should the Tiges pick?

Emma Quayle: I'm a gysberts/Taylor/christensen/bastinac fan but Griffiths may suit needs

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Pick 19
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 11:05:19 PM »
I asked Emma who she thinks will get at 19 and she said Luke Tapscott.

A surprise as I thought he wouldn't last anywhere near till our second pick.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2009, 12:31:36 AM »
please draft Griffiths at 19 Richmond  :pray

Bastinic - if Griffiths isn't available.

:)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 12:48:10 AM »
Gee 19 seems so far away from 1, 2 & 3 doesn't it? Do we think Bastinic and Griffiths will be available at 19??
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 12:56:34 AM »
Gee 19 seems so far away from 1, 2 & 3 doesn't it? Do we think Bastinic and Griffiths will be available at 19??
You never know as there's always surprises and they both could go before our pick but they should be around that mark you would think.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009, 01:11:33 AM »
You never know as there's always surprises and they both could go before our pick but they should be around that mark you would think.

Thats the best thing isn't it OE.... who knows.... fingers crossed eh!!

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2009, 01:58:37 AM »
Luke Ball  8)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2009, 02:00:47 AM »
Luke Ball  8)

Well you never know..... but I doubt it.... :shh

"Rucks:

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2009, 02:57:41 AM »
I asked Emma who she thinks will get at 19 and she said Luke Tapscott.

A surprise as I thought he wouldn't last anywhere near till our second pick.

Luke Tapscott

D.O.B:   28-Jun-1991
Club:   North Adelaide
State:   SA
Height:   180cm
Weight:   86kg
Position:   Forward

Powerful forward/midfielder with great hands. Foot skills and ball winning abilities are both exceptional. Strong performer for SA at NAB AFL U18 Championships with thirty inside 50?s, nine goals and All-Australian honours. From Orroroo FC.

Video highlights

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2009, 07:20:21 AM »
at this point i'm quite happy with either griffiths/bastinac/tapscott

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2009, 08:27:24 AM »
I'll be so ticked off if Richmond choose Tapscott, or some other onballer at pick 19, that I'll re-build the old social club, just so I can burn it down.
Wake up Richmond,WE NEED KEY POSITION PLAYERS!!!!! This whole argument of recruiting the best available player over needs is both a fallacy, and a crock, and is why our club is in its' current ladder position. Basically, those who don't learn from the mistakes of the past are condemned to commit them OVER AND OVER AGAIN (think Fiora over Pavlich, and Tambling over Buddy here.) Now with Richo retired,we need a marquee tall forward more than ever. With that in mind, when pick 19 rolls around, we need to call out either: Daniel Tala, Ben Griffiths, Jake Carlisle, Serhat Temel,or someone of similar proportions I may have overlooked.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2009, 09:40:11 AM »
You would think if one of Griffiths, Carlisle or Talia is still around at 19 we will go tall. Then again FJ said we went for talls last year so even though we need more KPPs who knows  :-\.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ramps

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2009, 09:57:44 AM »
plenty of talls throughout the draft, we cant reach for a player, we cant afford to, we need 3 x 150 game players from pick 3, 19 and 35. If that means 2 midfielders and 1 key then fine. I wouldnt be complaining if we end up with a Martin/Bartlett or Martin/Sheppard combo although I like Ben Griffiths for what he could bring to us.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2009, 05:16:55 PM »
I'll be so ticked off if Richmond choose Tapscott, or some other onballer at pick 19, that I'll re-build the old social club, just so I can burn it down.
:ROTFL
Wake up Richmond,WE NEED KEY POSITION PLAYERS!!!!! This whole argument of recruiting the best available player over needs is both a fallacy, and a crock, and is why our club is in its' current ladder position. Basically, those who don't learn from the mistakes of the past are condemned to commit them OVER AND OVER AGAIN (think Fiora over Pavlich, and Tambling over Buddy here.)
Those comparisons do not back up your argument. Picking Fiora over Pavlich does not condemn the 'best player over needs' idea. It simply shows that RFC didnt know who the best player was. If they picked Fiora because they thought he was a better player than Pavlich, then history shows that they were wrong. (although I remember reading somewhere that they made that decision because they thought they needed mids more than KPPF because of the Richo factor. Dont know if thats true.)

The same with Tabling V Buddy, so far you would have to say that buddy has been the better player so again if richmond picked tambling because they thouight he was a better player, up to now you have to say their judjment was wrong.
Just on the tabling V buddy debate, if Richmond had taken buddy and hawthorne taken tambling, i wonder if buddy would still be regarded as the better pick?

Richmond's problem has not been that our drafting policy (ie on ground position of player drafted) but more that
1 They have drafted the wrong player full stop.
or
2 They have not been able to develop the players drafted to realise their full potential.

If we were sitting in Footscrays position who have an abundance of mid sized players but believe they were a key forward short of a premiership, then yes you could say we should have drafted more for needs.

On to Griffiths at 19. I think Emma Quale said it could be two years before he is playing senior footy due to his injury, which would be a real test of his character. His character will be even tested more by the Richmond hordes screaming him down as a dud and calling for the blood of those that recruited a crock if we haven't seen any return on him half way through 2011, even more so if we are struggling to kick winning scores still.. If we do take him at 19 then people have to be patient and give him time.

The nature of  his injury also means that there is a chance he will not, physically, be able to develop into the strong pack marking forward people are hoping for. If the club decides that the returns are worth the risk, roll the dice and dice don't come up favourably, then so be it -as long as the club has done everything in its power to allow him to develop. Sometimes you have to take a risk and it doesn't always turn out how you would like. That's just life.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2009, 05:50:56 PM »
Tapscott is sposed to be the best kick in the draft along with Martin is he not?

"leg like a cannon"