Author Topic: First footy match  (Read 3387 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: First footy match
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2004, 11:02:32 PM »
The first footy match I went to was at the Western (Whitten) Oval when I was about 4 as it was a 10-15 minute walk from our house. I don't remember the game itself or who was playing (obviously Footscray was one of the teams) but after the match I was allowed into the rooms with my dad and ended standing next and saying hello to Gary Dempsey who was a giant to most people let alone a 4 year old.

The first game I remember seeing was between Carlton and Fitzroy at Princess Park in the late 70's which the Blues won easily. No Legends stand or tickets double the price of everywhere else back then.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline tigers80

• Future Richmond star
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: First footy match
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2004, 01:47:46 AM »
my grandfather took me to my first ever game which was the 1974 grandfinal, i was all of 9 years of age and was wondering why we everyone kept on booing us, my grandfather said they were just jealous north and other clubs supporters....

my second cousin was playing forward pocket for the tiges(daryl cummings) so i thought i was the ants pants and had my own flogger(stick with crepe paper) kept on wacking a old lady in the head with it(north supporter) until my grandfather told me to put it away...

went to a few games over the next few years but it wasnt till 1980 joined as a member, and have been one eyed since...

so many highlights between 1980-1982 not many since hopefully the tide is gonna turn soon ;)