Author Topic: RFC Board Election - Chadwick in; Mithen out  (Read 6739 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: RFC Board Election
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2009, 02:50:11 PM »

I have served Richmond for six years concentrating my efforts on media, I fundraising, membership, sponsorship and representing the common sense Richmond fan.

Fancy anyone from the media purporting to represent common sense!   :wallywink :help

richmondrules

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2009, 03:11:38 PM »
Mithen- Out
Chadwick- In

Its time for some change and I think that O'Shannessy and Dalton should stay.

With his marketing background it would seem Mithen's responsibilities would be the best fit for Chadwick.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2009, 05:14:38 PM »
Chadwick is probably a year early if he wants to get on the Board. If March steps down next year then the Club will need a replacement.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2009, 06:02:29 PM »
Chadwick is probably a year early if he wants to get on the Board. If March steps down next year then the Club will need a replacement.

I would be surprised if March stands down at the end of 2010 now - Benny Gale has commented that he's asked March to stay on

About the "election"....

Actually this is now interestng for me at least as I know Rex. Good bloke.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2009, 06:22:53 PM »
Mithen - Out
Rex - In

But we must be careful not to lose Maurice or Dalton
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2009, 07:32:52 PM »
Rex Chadwick

* Sponsor of a player from Coburg Tigers      

Rex has a strong advertising/marketing background working with some of the largest international companies both here and overseas. He is the director of his own well established merchandising company and will work tirelessly for renewed Tiger success.
Sponsors Murphy Ambrose at Coburg

His business Chadwick Merchandising Services is in Keysborough

http://www.yellowpages.com.au/vic/keysborough/chadwick-merchandising-services-pty-ltd-12080775-listing.html

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2009, 08:23:42 PM »

WGAF

Gigantor

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2009, 08:48:03 PM »
LOL chadwick merchandising is next door to where I work

jackstar is back again

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2009, 11:53:15 PM »
After reading the voting papers today that arrived in the mail.
I aint very enthused about  the people who are  standing for election.
The candidate statement hardly excites me I am afraid.
They all want to hang there hat on the $20 Million Redevelopment. ::)  How much are the government putting in ???
They dare not mention the mess the current footy side of the business is, with the worst list in league
They dont mention they had the clown and his circus running the footy side of things for the past 5 years  :banghead
As for Anthony Mithen,  :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead
He is laughable, he  says he represents the common sense Richmond Fan, :thatsgold :chuck  ( is there such a thing )? LOL
We need hard hitters on the board, we need decision makers, not fence sitters.
No good having money boys if you cant get a kick on the field. ::)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2009, 09:25:18 AM »
I have no problem with Dalton or O'Shannassey on the board and hope they stay.
Mithen I don't think does too much or have much credibility, if there is a worthy candidate to take his place then I have no problem voting him out.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2009, 07:19:36 PM »
It makes it hard to vote when there's little detail of what a candidate brings to the table in the pamphlet provided. Will a change bring in new money, new sponsors, new resources, new/better ideas, etc? It may very well but you can't tell from the spiel provided. Will this sort of info be provided and organised by the candidate himself as was done in 2004? It's not as though Dick Pratt or some well known wealthy businessman with deep pockets and a strong knowledge of running a football club has walked through the door.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2009, 01:38:08 PM »
Mithen has very little credibility. Even his appointment was kind of shoddy. Didn't it happen the night of Rich v Coll in rd 1 2004 and Casey summoned him to the Pres dinner from the stands where he was sitting with his family. They had to find a tie for him to wear as well.

I think we all have our reservations on the media part of his characteristic.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2009, 04:09:27 PM »
I contacted Rex Chadwick by email to seek more info about him and he has kindly allowed his reply to be posted on OER.

Dear MT,

I have attached a brief bio of my involvement with the Tigers.
I hope some of your web site readers will find it interesting.
I believe it is time to introduce some new blood on the Tiger Board.

Cheers,
Rex

Rex Chadwick

Rex is one of only 144 Yellow & Black members of the Richmond Football Club. He has been a member of Jack’s Club for the past six years and has been a member of The President’s Club and The Coterie.

He has been and is currently a major donor to the Jack Dyer Foundation which helps fund the building of facilities at Punt Road. To complete the association with the famous Jack Dyer, Rex owns the car number plates RFC 17 – the number proudly worn by Jack in 317 games for the tigers.

Apart from always being ready to strongly support the Tigers in fund raising Rex has been a major donor of equipment and fittings at Tigerland. Almost every office and meeting room in the football department and administration area has a white board – Rex donated most of them. He donated and arranged fitting of all of the mirrors in the gymnasium; he supplied furniture for the player’s recreation room and a few years ago, was a major contributor to the player’s trip to London. He sponsors a player at our affiliate club – Coburg Tigers and last year sponsored the Best Individual Performance of the Century, awarded to Kevin Bartlett as one of The Top Ten Tiger Treasures of the Century. Rex is a foundation member of the Tommy Hafey Club and a major contributor toward our rookie draft

Rex has been a dedicated Tiger all of his life. Recent re-organisation of his business work-load enables him to commit to the hours he believes that are necessary to make a worthwhile contribution to lift the Tigers back to our rightful place as a power house in the AFL.

Rex has a strong advertising/marketing background working with some of the largest international companies both here and overseas. He is the director of his own successful merchandising company and will work tirelessly for renewed success.

“We are (for a short while) custodians of this famous club and must strive to leave it a better place than the one we found.”   

Ramps

« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2009, 05:46:28 PM »
Im voting for chadwick, o'shannessy and dalton.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2009, 05:49:45 PM »
I voted the same but couldn't find the return envelope - meh