Author Topic: Matt Burgan's Phantom Draft  (Read 3860 times)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Matt Burgan's Phantom Draft
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2009, 07:08:55 PM »

........ but i do know for a fact West Coast will pick Jesse Crichton  at 23.

HMH - your reputation is now on the line!  :)

Offline Hes My Hero

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2009, 09:12:05 PM »

........ but i do know for a fact West Coast will pick Jesse Crichton  at 23.

HMH - your reputation is now on the line!  :)

That's scary considering that most people on here know me, or of me at least. :)

The thing is i was told last night that this would happen from a very trusted friend/source with strong connections to the kids in Tassie.

This is no TT12 scuttlebut.

But now my rep is on the line, i must say the pressure is almost unbearable. ;D

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2009, 05:21:10 PM »
I think Burgo is way off the mark.
Not sure about what we are doing but i do know for a fact West Coast will pick Jesse Crichton  at 23.

The only reason i say this is i dont give a rats about the Eagles and i know for a fact. ;)
I'm happy if these smaller body types go early as it leaves more of the bigger bodies around at our picks.

Burgan got 3 of our 4 picks right last year with Vickery and Post being spot on while he had Hislop going with our last pick. That makes me nervous  :-\.

In 2007 he had Rance going at 11 to the Swans and had us going for a recycled player at 51. So apart from Cotch he was way off.

In 2006 he only got Collo at 73 right. He was way off with our other 4 picks. He had Jack going to Collingwood and Reid to us. Thank gawd that didn't happen.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ramps

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2009, 05:44:26 PM »
Not sure about what we are doing but i do know for a fact West Coast will pick Jesse Crichton  at 23.

The only reason i say this is i dont give a rats about the Eagles and i know for a fact. ;)
I'm happy if these smaller body types go early as it leaves more of the bigger bodies around at our picks.

Burgan got 3 of our 4 picks right last year with Vickery and Post being spot on while he had Hislop going with our last pick. That makes me nervous  :-\.

In 2007 he had Rance going at 11 to the Swans and had us going for a recycled player at 51. So apart from Cotch he was way off.

In 2006 he only got Collo at 73 right. He was way off with our other 4 picks. He had Jack going to Collingwood and Reid to us. Thank gawd that didn't happen.

Lets be honest after 19 our picks are very average, what can you get with average picks, any decent player we get beyond 19 is a bonus. In my opinion I dont wont to see Tapscott or Temel or Panos at Richmond. To be really honest, I have concerns about others that have been associated with us at pick 19, for example Bastinac would be my least preferred of my preferred candidates. I dont wont to see us take Norris because he is to small weight wise.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2009, 05:59:06 PM »

Lets be honest after 19 our picks are very average, what can you get with average picks, any decent player we get beyond 19 is a bonus. In my opinion I dont wont to see Tapscott or Temel or Panos at Richmond. To be really honest, I have concerns about others that have been associated with us at pick 19, for example Bastinac would be my least preferred of my preferred candidates. I dont wont to see us take Norris because he is to small weight wise.
It's unlikely we'll find guns with our picks beyond 19 but for clubs that have done their homework they can still find potentially decent AFL standard players from the pool of draftees. If this was a normal draft it would've been a strong one IMO so even though it's compromised there should be still decent kids around at least up to our pick 51. I agree about no more lightweights like Norris who need to add 10kgs before they get close to AFL bodyweight. That would be just a repeat of Fiora where he supposedly could run and kick as a junior but just got pushed around too easily in the big time because he couldn't put on muscle.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2009, 10:59:07 PM »
Martin was the only one Burgan got right for us. He was also close to the mark with Dea.

3. Martin (3)
19. Griffiths (31)
35. Astbury (71)
44. Dea (47)
51. Taylor (34)
67. Webberley (-)
71. Nason (-)