Author Topic: Richard Tambling threads [merged]  (Read 112380 times)

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
Re: Richie Tambling
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2007, 03:10:33 PM »
he is a wing/goal kicker ... i can't see him in the midfield because he is a running player !!!

Yeah, wouldn't want anyone in the middle who can run.  ;)  :)
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2007, 07:03:06 PM »
Very happy with Tambo's progress so far.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2007, 07:32:41 PM »
Plough's put in a strong defence of Tambo in EOTT. Said he's amazed by the criticism Richie receives given he's a wonderfully gifted footballer. Too much emphasis is placed on who is taken before whom in drafts with Tambo stacking up well against other No. 4 picks.

Terry still hopes he's around to coach Tambo when Richie is 24-25 years old. Said he'll be a future champion player who'll play 200-plus games for us and be a future leader. Against Freo he showed what he had to offer over the next 10 years. His run, carry and goalkicking ability broke the game open at times.

http://210.50.4.102/rfc/

exactly what i have been saying and noticed , his leadership is far better than anyone in his draft year also, including lids

Richie has the potential to be even better than Lids, just has that feel to his game.

But X you are seriously selling Lids short. One thing he certainly hasn't been is soft as you seem to always ellude to. Consistently racks up about 6-7 contested possies, on the weekend he got 10. Will be a brilliant player and I think it is time you got back on the bandwagon  :thumbsup

i dont recall anywhere in my above post me saying anything about anyone being soft, i just made mention about leadership . now , lids will be a very very elite player, but imo he wont be a gr8 captain, if he was going to be a gr8 captain he would display leadership now.
blingers on the other hand, may not have the reputation or exposure that lids has, but from games that i have seen(pretty much all of them) i have noticed that blingers displays more leadership on the feild, is much more vocal, seems to play more passionate, kicks teamlifting goals when required, can demolish a team in 1 quarter(wce game), blingers actually looks upset when things go wrong and becomes an excitement machine when things are going well.
lids just seems to show none of these qualities. lids is starting to use his pace to set up play and break lines ala judd, but so is blingers.

blingers may appear to be shy to most ppl, but he isnt, he talks well to the media and on tv, and is talks it up on the ground. lids on the other hand seems a lil too introverted at this stage to be considered a leader.

i say let lids be lids and not have the stress of being captain some day, we have other candidates to lead our club in future

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2007, 09:13:56 PM »
X I seem to recall your previous avatar as being a cat doing pushups with the label of Lids  ;)

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2007, 09:46:11 PM »
Agree with your post X, but i don't see why we are arguing, we still do have both Lids and Blingers  :thumbsup

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2007, 09:50:16 PM »
Personally I'm very happy where Richie's at - coming along nicely.

Agree xXx - he does show good leadership - there is a reason why he was promoted to the junior leadership group this year :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2007, 11:28:49 PM »
Blingers is a goalkicking midfielder. Something we've lacked for a long time. That's what will make him even more deadly as he further matures and collects more of the footy.

Here's both Blingers and Lids' stats for the year:
http://www.finalsiren.com/PlayerCompare.asp?SeasonID=2007&PlayerName1=Richard+Tambling&PlayerName2=&PlayerName3=&PlayerName4=&Compare=Compare&SelectedPlayers=1529%2C

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2007, 11:34:14 PM »
I'm rapt with Blingers progress too. It looks like he knows that hard work will get him into positions where he can tear away with the ball, not just good luck.
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2007, 08:42:53 AM »
X I seem to recall your previous avatar as being a cat doing pushups with the label of Lids  ;)

true, i did, that was then, lids was playing soft at the time, imo that is. and im glad to say he has snapped out of it and is playing much harder, was super pleased with his efforts and courage v freo and in the past few weeks he has turned the corner in this area of his game

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2007, 08:47:13 AM »
Agree with your post X, but i don't see why we are arguing, we still do have both Lids and Blingers  :thumbsup

not arguing, discussing/debating

in 3 years time, blingers and lids will become the two most potent players in the AFL :thumbsup

richmondrules

« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2007, 02:51:11 PM »
Richmonds answer to Judd and Kerr perhaps.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2007, 03:40:17 PM »
Richmonds answer to Judd and Kerr perhaps.

Wouldn't take it that far, but we can can still hope  :thumbsup

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2007, 09:34:00 PM »
was super pleased with his efforts and courage v freo
Agree X. Lids really put his body on the line a number of times.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2007, 10:16:11 PM »
Reckon Lids and Blingers will really take off once Cogs and Browny come back in. Will take off some of the pressure

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tambling signs a 3-year deal
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2007, 12:59:14 PM »
Reported on SEN. Blingers has re-signed till 2010.