Author Topic: David Astbury [merged]  (Read 268230 times)

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: David Astbury [merged]
« Reply #900 on: July 25, 2016, 12:46:06 PM »
That Astbury "moment " on Sunday was right up there with the great Chaplin fiasco of 2015.
Not even close. One game meant nothing win or lose the other game was a final, enough said.
Correct.
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

tony_montana

« Reply #901 on: July 25, 2016, 01:47:58 PM »
That Astbury "moment " on Sunday was right up there with the great Chaplin fiasco of 2015.
Not even close. One game meant nothing win or lose the other game was a final, enough said.

actually I agree with mat, it was a preview into how he would stand up(or not!) in finals pressure - not up to it

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #902 on: July 25, 2016, 01:55:59 PM »

Agree. Furthermore in the north gam we had a chance to win. Against the Hawks the only reason we were close at that stage was because Hawthorn were missing sitters.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #903 on: July 25, 2016, 03:45:43 PM »

actually I agree with mat, it was a preview into how he would stand up(or not!) in finals pressure - not up to it
Seriously TM? I recall Lids doing the almost exact same thing to Luke Hodge I think one game last year but that didn't stop Hodge from performing come finals time.
That said I don't think Arsebury is the answer as a player but the incident is nowhere near the same because finals are where either legends are born ie Scotty turner & Matty Knights or still questioned ie.  Cotchin
The club that keeps giving.

tony_montana

« Reply #904 on: July 25, 2016, 04:02:06 PM »

Seriously TM? I recall Lids doing the almost exact same thing to Luke Hodge I think one game last year but that didn't stop Hodge from performing come finals time.
That said I don't think Arsebury is the answer as a player but the incident is nowhere near the same because finals are where either legends are born ie Scotty turner & Matty Knights or still questioned ie.  Cotchin

Yep seriously, key difference being - it was an isolated incident with Hodge, whereas we've seen it from astbury before - multiple times... The hawks brought higher intensity than we've seen for a few weeks, astbury and griff were exposed, can only imagine what theyd be like in finals where the pressure and intenisty are even greater

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #905 on: July 25, 2016, 04:03:13 PM »
Send him forward. Good mitts and not a liability up there. Not to mention I don't agree with how tall we go. Don't think you can play with 3 200cm+ players (unless they are all exceptionally good)

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #906 on: August 05, 2016, 10:40:54 PM »

He's gonna need a few new pairs after tonight :rollin
The club that keeps giving.

tony_montana

« Reply #907 on: August 05, 2016, 10:43:09 PM »
 :lol

Guys, hes not good enough. One thing you look for in players is whether they can stand up when the heat is on - he crumbles and goes to pieces, counted 5 massive blunders where he just crapped himself making comical unforced errors under pressure. We need a 2nd KPD and we need one badly bc this bloke isnt the answer

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #908 on: August 06, 2016, 10:32:11 AM »
The reality is this.
We have just two key backs - Rance and Astbury.
Before the game last night when Astbury was dodgy with a hammy you look at the options and it's just Grimes.
If either gets injured or plays poorly then we have no options except maybe Grimes or Batchelor before a totally immature Elton.

The same is true of key forwards (Jack) Ty, Ben and Liam all unworthy of selection on form.
Same is true of rucks. We have Hampson and a part time Griffith. Ivan is done and Ty is useless.

Jackstar 1960

« Reply #909 on: August 06, 2016, 11:24:40 AM »
The reality is this.
We have just two key backs - Rance and Astbury.
Before the game last night when Astbury was dodgy with a hammy you look at the options and it's just Grimes.
If either gets injured or plays poorly then we have no options except maybe Grimes or Batchelor before a totally immature Elton.

The same is true of key forwards (Jack) Ty, Ben and Liam all unworthy of selection on form.
Same is true of rucks. We have Hampson and a part time Griffith. Ivan is done and Ty is useless.

Fair and accurate I think

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #910 on: August 06, 2016, 12:52:12 PM »
Seemed as though nearly every play down back Rance wasn't involved was a heart in mouth shemozzle.....but yeah...who needs Hurley eh?
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #911 on: August 06, 2016, 05:56:34 PM »
Will get another contract

Simple as that really

Terrific, just terrificTM
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Raoul Duke

• Premiership Captain
  • Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
« Reply #912 on: August 06, 2016, 11:40:10 PM »
Reckon you can see enough of his good traits to ponder just where he'd be at if not for the unlucky run of injuries.
Some players won't ever be the same again once they've lost confidence in their body but Daves going OK IMO.
Made some ordinary decisions and shanked a couple of kicks but all in all is going well for a big bloke thats on the comeback from 2 knee injuries.

The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #913 on: August 07, 2016, 01:01:47 AM »

Simple as that really

Says more about the depth of our KPPs than anything else. :whistle
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Stalin

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Close your mouth pls, we are not a codfish
« Reply #914 on: August 07, 2016, 12:12:29 PM »

Simple as that really

Says more about the depth of our KPPs than anything else. :whistle

Yep

No point hating on astbury

Hands are tied with no other options outside elton who is not given a go

And c moore rookie listed player

The clubs done it to themself with rubbish list management

Would of be worth getting Carlisle for the long term cause. Or hurley. 

Poor rance.
Then he grabbed two chopsticks and stuck them in his mouth , pretending to be a walrus