Author Topic: Matt Dea [merged]  (Read 140147 times)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Matt Dea [merged]
« Reply #1080 on: June 09, 2014, 11:42:42 AM »
If I could speak to the lad I would urge him to run very fast away from punt road and don't look back as they will destroy what little dignity you have left

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #1081 on: June 09, 2014, 11:44:16 AM »
He goes pretty alright this bloke don't worry about that, been  wraps on him for a while, and the good news is there's a few more where he came from  :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1082 on: June 09, 2014, 12:31:49 PM »
Gun  :bow

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1083 on: June 09, 2014, 01:12:23 PM »
Loved the way the Norf gimp held onto him for five seconds before the ball got to him and then tackled him as soon as he took possession and then the stupid stuffing umpire stuffing paid stuffing holding the ball against him.

Worst stuffing decision of the night

Offline (•))(©™

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimalaka
« Reply #1084 on: June 09, 2014, 01:46:14 PM »
The seniors don't make a newcomers welcome.

They're insecure rats who poo themselves when a new guy outplays them.

Leaders of rats

Caracella and Balmey.

Jackstar is back!!!

« Reply #1085 on: June 09, 2014, 01:47:46 PM »
Loved the way the Norf gimp held onto him for five seconds before the ball got to him and then tackled him as soon as he took possession and then the stupid stuffing umpire stuffing paid stuffing holding the ball against him.

Shocking decision
Nearly as bad as the holding the ball in the goal square

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1086 on: June 09, 2014, 01:49:10 PM »

Shocking decision
Nearly as bad as the holding the ball in the goal square

The umpires are clearly investing their money on something

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1087 on: June 09, 2014, 02:18:43 PM »
For those at the game, how many congratulate him on his goal? On TV it looked about 5 max.  :banghead :banghead

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1088 on: June 10, 2014, 01:47:13 PM »

And that was a very hard thing to pick among the thousand-odd crap ones the maggots made.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • RWNJ / Leftist Snowflake - depends who you ask....
« Reply #1089 on: June 10, 2014, 02:59:10 PM »
HTB only applied to North ....umpires weren't the reason we lost, they never are.... but they did have a clear effect, actually thought there were a few occassions in the second half were our players turned it over getting the ball out when they should've of just taken the tackle or locked it in because they were second guessing the umpires and assuming they'd be pinged

For those at the game, how many congratulate him on his goal? On TV it looked about 5 max.  :banghead :banghead

Yeah that was about right, to be fair though - wasn't really the time to be going too over the top with celebrations & congratulations.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 10:23:02 PM by Diocletian »
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1090 on: June 10, 2014, 03:53:58 PM »
Don't mind admitting I liked the kid for a while... :whistle.

Quote from: big tone on May 19, 2013, 09:24:11 AM
Matt Dea IMO is going to be a very good player for this club in the future. He has what it takes to be a very hard at it half back flanker in the mould of a Corey Enright type from Geelong. He is brave, can play tall and small and can take a nice grab. IMO he is tracking well, learning the game with each time he goes out there. As for his kicking, take a good look today and take your assessment from today and onwards and not from what you may have seen two years ago or from what others say from two years ago..
I think as supporters we are really quick to pidgin hole our young talent, am I am guilty of it too but what we should do is, every time a young guy comes in after some time at Coburg is access them with a clean slate, if they do the same things as before then maybe they are still learning but people can change thing in there games and some take time. Remember that is what playing at Coburg is for.
Really looking forward to seeing him today and seeing how he has progressed and seeing the Tiges smash the Dees. 

Offline DCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Belle, Richmond PR manager
« Reply #1091 on: June 10, 2014, 11:48:27 PM »

What, one year ago? This is his 5th year at the club, it's not like you've been there for the long haul.

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1092 on: June 11, 2014, 10:10:51 AM »
and the good news is there's a few more where he came from  :shh

Such as???

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1093 on: June 11, 2014, 10:17:21 AM »

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #1094 on: June 11, 2014, 10:27:49 AM »

Matt Dea IMO is going to be a very good player for this club in the future. He has what it takes to be a very hard at it half back flanker in the mould of a Corey Enright type from Geelong. He is brave, can play tall and small and can take a nice grab. IMO he is tracking well, learning the game with each time he goes out there. As for his kicking, take a good look today and take your assessment from today and onwards and not from what you may have seen two years ago or from what others say from two years ago..
I think as supporters we are really quick to pidgin hole our young talent, am I am guilty of it too but what we should do is, every time a young guy comes in after some time at Coburg is access them with a clean slate, if they do the same things as before then maybe they are still learning but people can change thing in there games and some take time. Remember that is what playing at Coburg is for.
Really looking forward to seeing him today and seeing how he has progressed and seeing the Tiges smash the Dees.

I been a fan since miller?jackson? Was hiding behind the trees watching the young basketballer strut his stuff  :shh