Author Topic: Matt Dea [merged]  (Read 149922 times)

Jackstar is back again

Re: Matty Dea appreciation thread
« Reply #630 on: April 29, 2012, 08:56:20 PM »
agree WP

Jackstar is back again

Re: Matty Dea post WC game thread
« Reply #631 on: April 29, 2012, 08:57:33 PM »
weak as pee gerks.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #632 on: April 29, 2012, 08:59:19 PM »
That's just hogwash and covenient bagging on an easy target.

An argument could be made that the nature boy Ellis isn't showing enough. I saw him shirk a few contests and be completely out of place today.

But you bag an 8 gamer instead.  :nope

This site is a r s e about

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #633 on: April 29, 2012, 09:00:01 PM »
you are

Tigermonk

« Reply #634 on: April 29, 2012, 09:04:29 PM »
well can tell you that players that do stupid things get hurt badly, he was lucky today that he never broke his neck

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #635 on: April 29, 2012, 09:04:58 PM »
you are

No you are Cochise.

Did I say Cochise? Sorry I meant Richmond reject

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #636 on: April 29, 2012, 09:08:05 PM »
Was in the victory room after the game for a drink as well

Having a rum n coke with a D grade celeb you met in traffic?

gerkin greg

« Reply #637 on: April 29, 2012, 09:11:08 PM »
Now i know why WP bags Dea
He helps Coburg win games and lines your pockets
keep bagging him and there could be a spill LMAO

Lines my pockets  :lol :lol

A spill  :huh :huh

You really are not up with current events my friend actually you're a long long way off   ;)

And if by bag you mean I am critical then yep I suppose I qualify. But I don't think it's bagging but each to their own

Matt Dea again struggled at today at AFL level. I reckon his biggest problem is & continues to be his aboility to read the play, which means he struggles with get to the right spots which means he has few possiessions. Top teams expolit those players that are slow to react to switches in play by using that player in transferring the play; today the Eagles did that through Dea and it can cost you.

Granted Dea gets decent numbers at Coburg like so many other blokes do but when they get up to AFL level they struggle with the pace of the game. Unfortunately Matt Dea is one of those players. Jayden Post gets decent numbers at Coburg too but when he gets up to the AFL he struggles.

I don't care what anyone says but the gap between AFL level and 2nd tier level; whether that is VFL, SANFL or WAFL is massive. Some players are too good for the 2nd tier but not good enough for AFL. I reckon top teams can get away with playing maybe 1 or 2 but other teams cannot

I reckon top teams (and their supporters) give 8 gamers more slack

He reads the game fine at VFL level

Needs more games at the top level, more at a lower level too, simple as that

Another RFC kid shot down before even getting off the mark

:clapping

Can't say i remember you ever spotting a talent and making a positive call on a player early, usually just bash those that are developing. Easy runs there though, so I can see why.  :thumbsup

Jockstrap has made a name for himself in the Victory room out of it  :lol

How many errors did he make tonight?

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #638 on: April 29, 2012, 09:12:23 PM »
Gerks in brownlow form.

gerkin greg

« Reply #639 on: April 29, 2012, 09:16:58 PM »
weak as pee gerks.

just like Dea

should have pulled out of the contest so you didn't have to edit your iPhone tweet from the Victory room  :lol

Tigermonk

« Reply #640 on: April 29, 2012, 09:18:40 PM »
Gerks

Dont you realize  :huh or not heard AFL coaches say, & l quote have heard this as recently as this last week

VFL & AFL is miles apart.

The pace of AFL is so much faster that if you cant see that then you should maybe start watching Manchester United more often  ;D

gerkin greg

« Reply #641 on: April 29, 2012, 09:27:34 PM »
You're right MOnky

I actually wanted Dea delisted after 1 game because he hadnt picked up the pace

Kids these days should be better than that, especially after 6 years in the twos...

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #642 on: April 29, 2012, 10:03:16 PM »
I reckon top teams (and their supporters) give 8 gamers more slack

He reads the game fine at VFL level

Needs more games at the top level, more at a lower level too, simple as that

Yes he reads the game fine at VFL - I agree with you but today it was AFL level today and he again struggled.

I also agree he needs more time at VFL level I don't actually think he's played that much VFL when you think about it - he hardly played last year because he was injured and then when he did they basically rushed him back and the season before he was injured as well .... so maybe mroe time learning the game is what he needs... seeing he came from a basketball background

Can't say i remember you ever spotting a talent and making a positive call on a player early, usually just bash those that are developing. Easy runs there though, so I can see why.  :thumbsup

Hmmm .... let me see Conca, Batchelor, Reiwoldt, Vickery .. oh and there was a some bloke called Rance that alot of people potted until last year and I backed him from the start so yep I reckon all I've done is bash them all over the years

Edited: remembered a few more  ;D
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 06:52:10 AM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

dwaino

« Reply #643 on: April 29, 2012, 10:11:25 PM »
Disclaimer: Not a Dea fan. Also didn't go to the game. I normally go with my dad but he spent the day at the hospital since his missus is pretty crook.

Before the game, Cometti I think it was, commented that this was probably the best side we've fielded all year and my first reaction was  :wallywink . I started to agree by the end. I know the time of gifting games to blokes has gone, but I wouldn't mind seeing Dea with a few more games pumped into him while the side is playing better than last year and the backline is showing a little more cohesion and solidarity. He didn't get a touch and I think his first two or three involvements were giving away frees, but he isn't afraid to chuck his body on the line, could probably play slightly taller than he is, but it looks like it unleashes Ellis who appears more natural up the ground and Batchelor looked far more comfortable clunking grabs and setting up rebounds.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #644 on: April 30, 2012, 01:19:49 AM »
I've looked and looked at Dea play and still can't see why the club like him so
much. Why they gave him number 7 I have no idea.
The club that keeps giving.