Author Topic: Matt Dea [merged]  (Read 149714 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Matty Dea appreciation thread
« Reply #840 on: May 13, 2012, 08:32:27 PM »
There was a bit more good but there were 2 glaring bad decisions that were costly. One in the 2nd when he went for a mark that wasn't his and it appears he was called out and the 2nd ont he 3rd qtr where got sucked in on the wing which gave Denis-Lane a cheap mark who chipped to Kennedy which gifted the Swans that goal that got them back within 14 points

Most worrying thing is Eddie McEverywhere seems to love him..... wouldnt' want that on my resume  ;D

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

TigerTimeII

« Reply #841 on: May 13, 2012, 08:38:08 PM »
Speaking of peanuts, Jackstar seems very quiet on this subject at the moment........,

lmao

Offline Loui Tufga

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Beaver BLT
« Reply #842 on: May 13, 2012, 08:40:33 PM »
There was a bit more good but there were 2 glaring bad decisions that were costly. One in the 2nd when he went for a mark that wasn't his and it appears he was called out and the 2nd ont he 3rd qtr where got sucked in on the wing which gave Denis-Lane a cheap mark who chipped to Kennedy which gifted the Swans that goal that got them back within 14 points

Most worrying thing is Eddie McEverywhere seems to love him..... wouldnt' want that on my resume  ;D

Party pooper! Why don't you start a hate thread ;D ;D

gerkin greg

« Reply #843 on: May 13, 2012, 09:04:42 PM »
My god, 9 gamer makes 2 errors

FFS  ::)

But I'd be back-peddling too if I was the only one still agreeing with Jackstar lmao
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 09:21:50 PM by WilliamPowell »

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #844 on: May 13, 2012, 09:14:39 PM »
Don't get too carried away .he only kicked the ball 3 times yesterday

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #845 on: May 13, 2012, 09:16:39 PM »

Party pooper! Why don't you start a hate thread ;D ;D

No need too, I actually praised him

But I was also just trying to give an example as to why although I can see some improvement from him I still see faults that need to be addressed and that's why I still have these ? ? ? ? ? ? ;D

My god, 9 gamer makes 2 errors

But I'd be back-peddling too if I was the only one still agreeing with Jackstar lmao

So I am not allowed to have an opinion?

As for the 2 errors - didn't people on here whack Ellis the other week in just his 5th game for his 1 big error against the Eagles?

So how is giving 2 examples of things that are (again in my opinion) the areas that are still a concern when it comes to his game different from people handing out whacks to Ellis a fortnight ago  :huh

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #846 on: May 13, 2012, 09:16:54 PM »
I thought he did some nice things yesterday and for two weeks in a row he has been passable.
After 9 games that's all you can hope for, that the kid keeps on improving. :thumbsup

gerkin greg

« Reply #847 on: May 13, 2012, 09:22:01 PM »

As for the 2 errors - didn't people on here whack Ellis the other week in just his 5th game for his 1 big error against the Eagles?

So how is giving 2 examples of things that are (again in my opinion) the areas that are still a concern when it comes to his game different from people handing out whacks to Ellis a fortnight ago  :huh

It's no different to those whacking Ellis. Who said it was?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #848 on: May 13, 2012, 09:23:44 PM »

It's no different to those whacking Ellis. Who said it was?

Then maybe you should have posted something like this at the time 

"My god, 5 gamer makes 1 big error

"

;D :thumbsup

gerkin greg

« Reply #849 on: May 13, 2012, 09:25:28 PM »
gg can't be everywhere

thanks,
gg

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #850 on: May 13, 2012, 09:26:01 PM »
gg can't be everywhere

thanks,
gg

touche

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #851 on: May 14, 2012, 07:03:05 AM »
Defensive players kicks only from Swans game
Rance 20
Grimes 18
Newman 16
Houli 11
Morris 11
Batchelor 6
Dea 3

Don't you posters get ahead of yourself now
And besides Dea.they all had bounces on the weekend and attack with run and carry

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #852 on: May 14, 2012, 08:17:29 AM »
Rance 20
Grimes 18
Newman 16
Houli 11
Morris 11
Batchelor 6
Dea 3

And besides Dea.they all had bounces on the weekend and attack with run and carry

Of more concern to me is Batchelor 6.  Dea is only a brand new infant in the scheme of AFL things and as Hardwick did with most of his other 'babies', he let them have an extended run in the seniors to get senior games under their belts and learn about the pace and pressure of the game.  That opportunity was denied to Dea to an extent in his first couple of years due to injury and sheer weight of numbers that were getting 'gifted' games for experience but this year with a stated policy of having to earn games it has largely closed the door on those opportunities.  The football department have often stated that they see a lot of potential and upside in Dea and if they believe that, then it's only natural that they are going to give him every opportunity in their efforts to develop him into a senior standard player.  To be honest, I don't have a problem in the world with them doing that because they have to trust and back their judgement, just like they instruct the players to do.  I would rather them try and fail than find out after he goes to another club that he did have the goods and proceeds to carve us up on a regular basis.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #853 on: May 14, 2012, 08:34:29 AM »
Would agree with that

Offline HKTiger

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #854 on: May 14, 2012, 08:36:18 AM »
Rance 20
Grimes 18
Newman 16
Houli 11
Morris 11
Batchelor 6
Dea 3

When Morris, Grimes and /or Batch run off Dea rotates to that man.  He covered on Darling in the West Coast game (got a couple of very good spoils in from in front), Butcher in the Port game and outbodied Butcher and spoiled from in front.  Something his basketball background provides him with.

In the West Coast game he didn't run off at all.

In the Port game he ran off to the defensive 50 line.

Against the Swans he made it to the wing at least twice.

An astute observor should have picked all of that up.