Author Topic: Matt Dea [merged]  (Read 149989 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Matt Dea [merged]
« Reply #420 on: February 18, 2012, 08:42:20 PM »
Back to the topic here too ppl!

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #421 on: February 18, 2012, 08:50:49 PM »
I don't think Matt Dea is good enough  :shh
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #422 on: February 18, 2012, 09:17:43 PM »
I don't think Matt Dea is good enough  :shh

I dont either

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #423 on: February 18, 2012, 09:52:32 PM »
looked pretty solid last night, did his job and looked to have more awareness than his earlier games, he's a keeper alright :shh

You should ease up on the whole  :shh thing. Inside word is you are upsetting the masses  ;)

well dont be so damn irritable, diversity and inclusion is a wonderful thing...terrorism if frightening :shh

Is you on crack?

"Crack is cheap. I make too much money to ever smoke crack. Let's get that straight. OK? We don't do crack. We don't do that. Crack is whack."  :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #424 on: February 19, 2012, 12:20:22 AM »
Kid struggles at times IMHO. Sometimes he looks lost and other times he looks almost too hesitant. It's almost as if he does not want to make a mistake and not letting his instincts take over. You either have instinct or awareness in the ground or you don't. I don't think Matty does. I hope he can prove me wrong but with the depth being added to the side he may miss out.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #425 on: February 19, 2012, 01:59:47 AM »
Still a long way off, thought giving him number 7 was very generous.
Go Tigers!

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #426 on: February 19, 2012, 06:19:54 AM »
Still a long way off, thought giving him number 7 was very generous.

i agree with the No 7, would have liked nahas to get that, wouldnt give up on kid though he looks to be able to play a defensive type role in lock down mode which we havent had since kellaways time. He'll get a chance
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #427 on: February 19, 2012, 06:58:14 AM »
Would still be behind others at this stage.

Jackstar is back again

« Reply #428 on: February 19, 2012, 09:20:16 AM »
Kid struggles at times IMHO. Sometimes he looks lost and other times he looks almost too hesitant. It's almost as if he does not want to make a mistake and not letting his instincts take over. You either have instinct or awareness in the ground or you don't. I don't think Matty does. I hope he can prove me wrong but with the depth being added to the side he may miss out.

Correct.
Its a pity as he is a really good kid

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #429 on: February 19, 2012, 10:04:37 AM »
Sounds like he is still processing rather than reacting to situations, that should change with experience.  He doesn't have a lot of experience and some people take a bit longer to internalise the drill.
Lots of people name their swords......

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #430 on: February 19, 2012, 10:11:53 AM »
From the games and training drills ive seen, its almost as if he fluctuates from over confidence (which is when he often makes mistakes by calling for the ball when he's under pressure and or turning the ball over) to under confidence. Kicking can be very average. Is still learning the game and trying to find a middle ground where things click into place and he plays right option football. it's probably mainly between the ears more than a lack of talent.

As it stands he's not in my best 22 but I think It's more probable than not that he'll end up a good player for us.

gerkin greg

« Reply #431 on: February 19, 2012, 09:28:41 PM »
Freak.

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #432 on: February 20, 2012, 04:06:24 AM »
Athlete or AFL Footballer ?

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #433 on: February 20, 2012, 09:45:04 AM »
Athlete or AFL Footballer ?

Athlete learning how to play football. May get there yet.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Dea-termined (Sunraysia Daily)
« Reply #434 on: February 22, 2012, 02:36:23 AM »
Dea-termined: This will be a better year, says Mildura’s Richmond recruit
By Toby Prime
Sunraysia Daily
21 Feb, 2012

Mildura football-export Matt Dea said he is hoping for his best season yet as Richmond try to break a 10-year finals drought.

Dea has only played seven senior games in his two injury-plagued seasons at Punt Road after being recruited with pick number 44 in the 2009 AFL National Draft.

Dea was picked up by the Tigers with their third-round selection on the strength of three TAC Cup games with the North Ballarat Rebels

The 20-year-old made his debut in round four in 2010 where he played three games before going back to Richmond’s VFL affiliate side Coburg, where his season was ended by a broken foot.

But Dea feels that after a solid pre-season over the summer, he is over his injury worries that have cursed his first two seasons.

“I haven’t missed a session which is very promising and I think the body is starting to adapt which is what I need,” Dea said.

“It’s made me aware of what I need to work on, body wise and football wise, without a doubt.

“It might be a bit of blessing in disguise.”

Dea impressed in defence late last season when he was called in to cover for injured captain Chris Newman.

The powers that be at Punt Road saw enough in Dea to extend the young defender’s contract for another two-years, keeping Dea at Tigerland until the end of the 2013 season.

http://www.sunraysiadaily.com.au/news/local/news/news-features/deatermined-this-will-be-a-better-year-says-milduras-richmond-recruit/2461775.aspx