Author Topic: Troy Taylor [merged]  (Read 118490 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Re: Tiger Troy Taylor accused of NYE assault (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #105 on: January 09, 2010, 10:25:59 AM »
Were there any injuries to Troy? If anyone has hit someone before they know it bloody hurts your wrist, especially if you knock them out. Surely Troy would have a sprained wrist at best especially after belting 3 blokes.

There will always be leaks in any organisation that has casual employees that come on for marketing jobs, sponsorship off season the membership off season etc. Just have to make sure when things happen at board level they stay that way, everything else is impossible to keep in house.

Apparently the club is still trying to find a "foster" house for Troy. I'd be happy to do it but I live 45 mins away from Punt Road. Be great to have your own personal body guard lol.

I think he's my new favorite player.
Go Tigers!

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #106 on: January 09, 2010, 11:42:42 AM »
Amongst all the mindless drivel on BF there was this post by someone going by the name golddust.

ACTUALLY spoke to someone connected with our great club last night, so take this for what it's worth.

The club WILL stand-by young Troy and offer him all the support it can.

The club WILL NOT delist him if charges are actually laid (and there is some feeling that charges won't result).

His mentor (all players have a mentor) is privately fuming.

And the only reason Troy was available to us at pick 51 was that MOST clubs avoided him like the plague because of his past, but make no mistake, this boy CAN play.

And unrelated ........

The player revolt meeting regarding Wallace DID happen .... and no Jake King WAS NOT the instigator or heavily involved!!!

Enjoy your day!
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=16631596&postcount=166

How much truth there is to it ? Your guess is as good as mine but you'd like to think that is the club's attitude.

Also the local pox rag ran a small syndicated piece about the club being aware of the allegations, but also added this at the end,
"Taylors Friend rallied around on his facebook page yesterday where he had listed his status as homesick
 'keep your head up troy you are becoming a better man don't doubt yourself. We all love you regardless!' wrote Hayley Webb. Nikitta Dingo-Thorne wrote 'Hey brother just lettn you know we all love you and ...support you, you will always have people trying to bring you down.' "

So the low life scum have gone looking on face book just for more dirt to add to the story that "The NT News yesterday revealed"
The same paper that published this editorial,
http://www.ntnews.com.au/article/2009/11/20/102701_ntnews.html
now seem hell bent on screwing him over. As far as I know no other media outlet has run anything more than a short article about troy taylor facing allegations of assault.

no wonder this was in the Chairman's Foreword of The Australian Press Council Annual Report 2009

Regrettably, Press Council research has shown that Australian newspapers rely far too frequently on a single source for a story, and do so more often than is the case in comparable countries.

There is a bit of mindless drivel in this thread. Juiced up rock apes get involved in street violence not hard at it afl footballers. How anyone can link the allegation against TT to being a legitimate AFL footballer in any capacity is laughable. At worst, I hope it was self defence.

It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Online cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #107 on: January 09, 2010, 02:19:08 PM »
Mongrel as opposed to fcukwit are like chalk and cheese ...

Offline dizza

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #108 on: January 09, 2010, 02:53:25 PM »
certainly not a good start to his career. i'm sure this has been blown out of proportion, but then again, they wouldn't report something like this if he hadn't have done something in the first place. the last thing we need while we try and re-build as a club is the media hounding the club about the off-field behaviour, and adding further distractions. there's no doubt that Taylor has brilliant potential as a footballer, i just hope the club can tame him off the field.
Push up!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #109 on: January 09, 2010, 07:18:41 PM »
10 days since the alleged incident occurred and still no final police report or charges. I know Troy is back in Melbourne training which would delay things but it still makes you think if it was as clear cut as the Hun reported we would've heard something by now.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #110 on: January 09, 2010, 07:27:31 PM »
something tells me there was a fair bit of boozin going on and this gatecrash S T O R Y has a liberal amount of mayo on it....Piecing together the story from what I know, it was more likely an ambush of three fellas onto one...when TT came out trumps, out comes the BS.....TT will walk on this  :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

jackstar is back again

« Reply #111 on: January 09, 2010, 07:53:51 PM »
have been away on holidays and read with interest all your views.
This kid should never of been drafted in the first place.
Yet another waste of a drfat pick

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #112 on: January 09, 2010, 08:35:05 PM »

Ah Jackstar.......... :lol, welcome back and straight into form..... :rollin
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #113 on: January 09, 2010, 08:46:10 PM »

Why because he can't play?

Or he is a live wire who can't control his temper (or so it appears at this stage)?

I haven't seen him play except a few highlights but he may be able to control his temper on the field, particularly with the change of scene.  If he can't it'll show up pretty soon and we will get rid of him.  The jury still is out on that one.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #114 on: January 09, 2010, 09:32:28 PM »

hmm, pretty sure that was the line we took in neglecting Franklin and choosing Bling ::)

jackstar is back again

« Reply #115 on: January 09, 2010, 10:55:50 PM »

hmm, pretty sure that was the line we took in neglecting Franklin and choosing Bling ::)

all too hard .
why does the club do it too themselves.
Was speaking to a couple of recent ""ex players"" on holidays,
Footy is a bit harder than most of you think.
We just take players out of one enviroment and think they can be transformed into an AFL player.
In this instance, complete waste of a draft pick. Huge risk by the club.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #116 on: January 10, 2010, 01:52:36 AM »
Would have thought a bit of $%^& in a player would be your type of "old school" that you'd love to be drafted jack?

Huge risk by the club? Thats what the draft is jack, a lottery, a gamble.

You roll the dice on players you've seen from ages 16-18 that 100 billion things can happen between now and the ripe age of 20 that can make or break careers.

Apparently the club is still trying to find a place for Troy to stay full time, I'd be happy to have my own personal body guard.

Good luck to him, just hope he gets a chance.
Go Tigers!

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #117 on: January 10, 2010, 09:24:11 AM »
spot on Popelord :thumbsup
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #118 on: January 10, 2010, 10:00:25 AM »
all too hard .
Was speaking to a couple of recent ""ex players"" on holidays,
Footy is a bit harder than most of you think.
We just take players out of one enviroment and think they can be transformed into an AFL player.
In this instance, complete waste of a draft pick. Huge risk by the club.

the entire history of football is built on taking players out of one environment and into another. If I had a dollar everytime I heard or read about players adjusting to "city life" whether it was in the 70s or today, from country Victoria or outback WA, I'd be a wealthy man. In so many different ways (including moving states or cities) success in the AFL is about adapting.

Edited to correct quote
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 10:04:29 AM by WilliamPowell »
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #119 on: January 10, 2010, 04:05:53 PM »

all too hard .

what's that, make the same mistake twice, these were the precise reasons we overlooked Franklin, yeah that really catapulted us forward :o