Author Topic: Troy Taylor [merged]  (Read 108432 times)

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Pick 51. Troy Taylor
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2009, 01:05:45 PM »

Mitch Farmer bloody well better debut early.  I don't want him to be another fringe player pick up like Tom Hislop.  If he doesn't (barring injury) it would show a lack of drafting credibility for Hardwick as he must have known Farmer before.

Why would he have known him before?

Apparently Farmer was at Port when Dimma was there also.
Don't think so. Hardwick went to Hawthorn in 2005 and Farmer was drafted in 2007

Eh I eat my words Oh well.  I thought he had been drafted earlier and Hardwick moved later.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Pick 51. Troy Taylor
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2009, 01:09:19 PM »
Thompson and Hislop are both rubbish players. Face facts people

Choco has an eye for talent and if he didn't see anything in Farmer i dont hold much hope for F.J picking a hidden gem

Does he now?  Then why are Port going down the gurgler?
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Troy Taylor [merged]
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2010, 10:29:53 PM »
Tiger Troy Taylor accused of assault

* Matt Cunningham, Darwin
    * January 07, 2010

A RICHMOND draftee has been accused of assaulting three people in Alice Springs on New Year's Eve.

Troy Taylor, 18, was taken by Richmond with pick 51 in the 2009 national draft.

But his AFL future is in in doubt after his alleged involvement in an incident in which one man was taken to hospital and another two injured.

Northern Territory police last night confirmed they were investigating the alleged assault of three men aged 33, 39 and 47, at a party in Alice Springs about 12.30am on New Year's Day.

One of the alleged victims told the Herald Sun Taylor was among a group of teenagers that gatecrashed the street party just after midnight.

Barry Parkinson said the young men were letting off firecrackers. He claimed when he approached Taylor and asked him to leave the party, Taylor slapped him in the face.

Mr Parkinson said he then grabbed Taylor by the shirt and marched him on to the road.

"I let him go and just as I let go of him he hit me in the jaw and knocked me to the ground," he alleged. "As I tried to get off the ground he hit me in the face and nearly knocked my teeth out."

Witnesses told the Herald Sun that Taylor then hit another man who ran over to help Mr Parkinson.

The 47-year-old was knocked unconscious and had to be taken to Alice Springs Hospital for treatment. A third man was also allegedly assaulted.

Police spokeswoman Theresa Kuilboer said the incident was being investigated but no arrests had been made.

"Police received reports from the victims and other witnesses that the three were assaulted after asking another group of uninvited guests to leave the area," she said.

Taylor and the Richmond Football Club did not return calls last night.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/tiger-troy-taylor-accused-of-assault/story-e6frf9io-1225816762245
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 11:46:45 PM by one-eyed »

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Re: Tiger Troy Taylor accused of NYE assault (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2010, 10:45:31 PM »
Should I say it  ??? better not

What a loser f him off  :banghead

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2010, 10:48:24 PM »
Didn't the club say he had left his past behind him.  Oh boy we have a time bomb here, maybe the change of scene to Melbourne will help him.

His highlight tape showed he could play footy, so it'd be a pity for him to be a waste

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2010, 11:12:22 PM »
let's wait for it to be confirmed before we make any harsh judgements

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #51 on: January 06, 2010, 11:23:13 PM »
As peggles suggests will wait until we know all the facts from the investigation but if the alleged story is true and he can't stay out of trouble off the field then he's wasting everyone's time at the Club.

There goes our low profile preseason btw :P
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2010, 11:30:28 PM »
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

>:(

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2010, 11:39:55 PM »
As peggles suggests will wait until we know all the facts from the investigation but if the alleged story is true and he can't stay out of trouble off the field then he's wasting everyone's time at the Club.

There goes our low profile preseason btw :P

if he was a model citizen, he maybe goes 1st or 2nd round. We rolled the dice and will find out if his number is up in a few days.
Might be 2 players(lovett the other) booted out of the comp before 2010 even starts!!!
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline crannyvegas

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #54 on: January 06, 2010, 11:58:46 PM »
The kid is not going to get a better oppertunity to develop himself and those around him if he is to become a succesful AFL player. You can't rob him of that chance for I'm guessing a drunken fracas. Get him in and around the club with good people and he will be fine.
Detka! Detka! Detka!

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #55 on: January 07, 2010, 12:05:56 AM »
Assuming he doesn't go to jail because of his prior convictions (he's on parole), we should ban him from leaving Melbourne.  If his family wants to see him, they can come here.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #56 on: January 07, 2010, 12:21:01 AM »
Well lets do the right thing and support him eh folks or are we turning into the eat your own brigade AGAIN?????? Geezus is that the full story..... must be because you all want to hang him at the moment. The Carlton supporters at least stuck by their 4 clowns but no not some of you lot!!!!! Lets just judge him by rule .303.... amazing, simply amazing!! :banghead

I am sure Hardwick will deal with it, regardless of which way it goes support for a change would be nice!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #57 on: January 07, 2010, 01:47:49 AM »
Well lets do the right thing and support him eh folks or are we turning into the eat your own brigade AGAIN?????? Geezus is that the full story..... must be because you all want to hang him at the moment. The Carlton supporters at least stuck by their 4 clowns but no not some of you lot!!!!! Lets just judge him by rule .303.... amazing, simply amazing!! :banghead

I am sure Hardwick will deal with it, regardless of which way it goes support for a change would be nice!!
The thing that makes it worse for him is he has priors and this time last year was in a youth detention centre as a result of brawling in Darwin so it looks bad. But as we've said we should wait for the full police investigation and get the whole story. So far we've only heard one side of the story that alleges he gatecrashed a street party (can you gatecrash a street party as opposed to a house party? ) and as an 18 year old he was allegedly able to beat up 3 blokes at least twice his age despite initially the first bloke allegedly by himself being able to drag Troy out by the collar with what appears little resistance until let go. One for the police to sort out first. Until he's found otherwise you're right WAT he has the presumption of innocence.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #58 on: January 07, 2010, 07:16:55 AM »
Hold your horses folks....
A.  how do you crash a 'street party', if your holding it in the street there are no gates to crash.
B.  who were these dudes taking it upon themselves to police the streets on behalf of the NT anyway?  What was the initial alleged crime? Fireworks?  And then some hero tried to frogmarch them over the road ?  I tell you what, I would of cut up nasty too.  The real problem is that TT, to his misfortune, actually knows what he's doing when he does cut loose so people get very embarrassed and upset and want to ensure he is punished by the law for making them look ordinary.
All we have is the tabloid beat up side of the story anyway.  Lets not condemn the bloke just yet. 
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #59 on: January 07, 2010, 07:30:27 AM »
What a loser f him off  :banghead

How about we wait until ALL the facts are on the table and the investigations are over before we hang the kid out to dry

And I reckon the bloke sproutng off to the newspapers is a bit of a loser too to be honest.

Shouldn't be making accusations in the press while it's being investigated, I would think that is prejudicial to the investigation
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)