Author Topic: Troy Taylor [merged]  (Read 118434 times)

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Taylor to miss pre-season start and may quit AFL [merged]
« Reply #465 on: November 05, 2010, 07:21:57 PM »
Then why was his race brought up over and over again in this thread?  Don't make me effing quote coz it would be bloody tedious and demeaning for everyone.  I am not going to point the finger, there was a bunch of poo said so don't come the innocent at this late stage of the dance its not even funny, well maybe a little in its raw outrageousness...
As for plenty of 'hungry kids'  that might be true but my point is that they might not be as talented.  I also pointed out that we don't actually know what is going on and everyone is crucifying the poor bastard before the facts are on the table.  Lets see how it pans out, if he ditches us, then we can give him heaps.  If he comes back and turns into a star im gonna haunt you bastards.

Here you go Owl:

"Sick and tired of the moaning and soul searching about what we can do to make him(& other indigenous players) more welcome."
"from what I have seen at AFL level, it is way too hard for most of these players who come from different backrounds."
"so he can go go back Alice springs and live of Center link rather than being apart of a massive AFL club that will win a premishpe making him alot of money"
"They find it hard in a team enviroment"
"Common theme here"
"but why do we draft outback indigenous players NT or Alice 30 odd Deg heat, and expects them too  fit right at home in the biggest city in Australia"
"Gone walkabout."
"i don't think they would receive the same treatment as an aboriginal player"
"The aboriginal boys from remote communities can't be treated the same as the others"
"So we recruit them into mayhem being the biggest city in Australia, a lot wetter and colder and expect them too be role models within minutes. So i ask who has got it all wrong?"
"I get the feeling we recruited indigenous players in order to get the grant for our new facilities, cynical of me maybe i know!"
"then at least recruit  indigenous players that all ready live in cities that have chosen to live there."
"I totally understand why some of the indigenous boys want to go home"
"Whilst i agree it is risky to draft indigenous kids, it is very important that we continue to do so!"

Snippets from both sides of the argument.  Nah, this thread has nothing to do with race, colour or background.
Unfortunately Smokey, race will be involved! If the kid was italian would it get the same coverage? No! On the other hand, if Relton, JON and Blingers were stars would it get the same coverage? No!
Lets wait and see, the kid may return and i hope he does!
I went overseas for six months and the first 2 and a half months were without the family! It was a trip of a life time to Sweden but after two weeks i wanted to go home so badly that if someone bought me a plane ticket then i wouldve been on the next plane! I am not Aboriginal! I empathise with the kid, family means more than stardom!

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #466 on: November 05, 2010, 07:37:15 PM »
Then why was his race brought up over and over again in this thread?  Don't make me effing quote coz it would be bloody tedious and demeaning for everyone.  I am not going to point the finger, there was a bunch of poo said so don't come the innocent at this late stage of the dance its not even funny, well maybe a little in its raw outrageousness...
As for plenty of 'hungry kids'  that might be true but my point is that they might not be as talented.  I also pointed out that we don't actually know what is going on and everyone is crucifying the poor bastard before the facts are on the table.  Lets see how it pans out, if he ditches us, then we can give him heaps.  If he comes back and turns into a star im gonna haunt you bastards.

Here you go Owl:

"Sick and tired of the moaning and soul searching about what we can do to make him(& other indigenous players) more welcome."
"from what I have seen at AFL level, it is way too hard for most of these players who come from different backrounds."
"so he can go go back Alice springs and live of Center link rather than being apart of a massive AFL club that will win a premishpe making him alot of money"
"They find it hard in a team enviroment"
"Common theme here"
"but why do we draft outback indigenous players NT or Alice 30 odd Deg heat, and expects them too  fit right at home in the biggest city in Australia"
"Gone walkabout."
"i don't think they would receive the same treatment as an aboriginal player"
"The aboriginal boys from remote communities can't be treated the same as the others"
"So we recruit them into mayhem being the biggest city in Australia, a lot wetter and colder and expect them too be role models within minutes. So i ask who has got it all wrong?"
"I get the feeling we recruited indigenous players in order to get the grant for our new facilities, cynical of me maybe i know!"
"then at least recruit  indigenous players that all ready live in cities that have chosen to live there."
"I totally understand why some of the indigenous boys want to go home"
"Whilst i agree it is risky to draft indigenous kids, it is very important that we continue to do so!"

Snippets from both sides of the argument.  Nah, this thread has nothing to do with race, colour or background.

got nothing to do with racism if you ask me and shouldnt.
Gee if you think its being racist then lets look through all of the Schulz, Mcmahon, Patterson or JON threads and then everyone here is guilty of racism.

Bottom line he wants to play or doesnt. WE SHOULD NOT BE CHASING ANYONE TO PLAY I COULDNT CARE LESS WHERE THEY FROM.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #467 on: November 05, 2010, 07:43:57 PM »
Very frustrating to read

Dumb comments..

At the end of the day if this was Dustin Martin everyone would be saying give him a rest let him see his family and can't wait to him fresh..

If it were Hislop he'd be delisted

Taylor is in the middle, common sense persist with the raw kid and who knows we may win out.

Anyone that wants him cut is either an idiot or a racist. It's called talent management and RFC are one of the best in the comp with dealing with these sorts of things now days. The club will make the right decision persist and give him every chance.

hahaha he is not dustin martin so why compare a lamb to a Tiger ? Racist? yeh if he was white very one wouldnt care thats it ayee :banghead

Treat him LIKE EVERY young footy player that struggels in making final teams thats all dosent matter wether your black or white

Exactly treat him like every young player that has potential, give him a chance to settle into AFL. He has enough potential to give hima  bit of slack. Delisting him cause he's home sick is stupid. Not every player has to be Trent Cotchin off field.

Rubbish thread.

Let him go and come back with a positive mind and we're a chance of reaping the benefits, delisting him is just a waste of everyones time.
Go Tigers!

jackstar is back again

« Reply #468 on: November 05, 2010, 09:20:23 PM »
I have a point here, who said he has talent
Hardly seen him perform to a level that is acceptable at AFL.
And his last game of the year he made basic mistakes.
 :banghead
he wouldnt be in our best 22 , lets all move on and hopefully he will as well.
he can play alongside Relton Roberts

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #469 on: November 05, 2010, 09:23:27 PM »
Just a shame both hardwicks forward pockets in Roberts and Taylor have gone back home

Some of the comments in this thread absolutely disgusting. Troy is a human being FFS. Nobody here is privy to what is actually going in his life at this time so show a little compassion and give the kid a break.

:santa

the kid can get pricked. If he didn't want to play afl why put him self for the draft? L

Never made a choice and then decided later that its not what you really wanted Bents?

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #470 on: November 05, 2010, 09:28:19 PM »
I must say I lost interest in the thread topic ages ago, I am just enjoying reading this thread now because you guys are funny

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #471 on: November 05, 2010, 09:33:42 PM »

the same people who say he has talent are the same people i'm guessing who still thought Schulz had talent even after 6 years, cause he kicked 6 goals against Brisbane.

Better value in our best 22 than this bloke

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #472 on: November 05, 2010, 09:35:50 PM »
Raines is a talent

Voss has a good eye for talent

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #473 on: November 05, 2010, 09:41:15 PM »
Raines is a talent

I just spat out my beer. :lol :lol :lol

What is important here is whether the club feels Taylor is worth persevering with or not in terms of talent and upside.

I personally think he is. Has more raw talent than just about anyone on our list IMO. Best indigenous draftee for 20 years.

Get over your dramas and get out there and play footy TT.  8)

The Tiges need your skills and the doubters will soon be screaming your name when you turn it on..

jackstar is back again

« Reply #474 on: November 05, 2010, 09:41:54 PM »
Raines is a talent

What this got to do with the topic ??? ::)
Your boring to say the least

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #475 on: November 05, 2010, 09:46:08 PM »
the same people who say he has talent are the same people i'm guessing who still thought Schulz had talent even after 6 years, cause he kicked 6 goals against Brisbane.

Schulz was a revelation at Port after Tredrea retired. He is not done with yet.
Meanwhile we are drafting Brad Miller.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #476 on: November 05, 2010, 10:09:40 PM »

Schulz was a revelation at Port after Tredrea retired. He is not done with yet.
Meanwhile we are drafting Brad Miller.

and wasting a pick on Hislop while we're at it ;D

Could be worse. Imagine if we drafted Laycock to boost our ruck stocks :whistle

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #477 on: November 05, 2010, 10:55:33 PM »

This is very stupid.

He's 19 years old Jack.

Expectations here are embarrasing, give him the pre season to make a decision whether he wants it or not. To sack him would be insane.
Go Tigers!

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #478 on: November 05, 2010, 10:59:00 PM »
and wasting a pick on Hislop while we're at it ;D

Don't get me started on that.

Ok you have... :rollin

WTF are they thinking re-rookeying the biggest dud since Tim Fleming?!?!

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #479 on: November 05, 2010, 11:00:15 PM »

Better value in our best 22 than this bloke

Good Post
Go Tigers!