Author Topic: Troy Taylor [merged]  (Read 118295 times)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Troy Taylor gone home
« Reply #780 on: April 01, 2011, 10:56:36 AM »

Hawthorn wanted both and also knew that Franklin was the supreme player due to their recruiting team actually watching games these boys played.

How come Hawthorn took a time out straight after Richmond took Tambling at 4 then? Surely they would have selected Franklin without hesitation instead of looking perplexed and needing to have a discussion.
the fact is that the recruiting guy or the football department head can't remember which,  went to then president Lord and told him how he was gonna get the 2 best talls in the draft. Heard it on a radio interview.
That is just the Hawks changing the facts after the event, they not only took a time out but they almost read out the wrong players name.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #781 on: April 01, 2011, 11:42:33 AM »
can tell you geniuses at the time, there were hesistations on Buddy due to issues..
I seen Richard play at the time and I believed he was the best choice( at the time ).
Richard never went on for various reasons.
Club also had an issue of where to play him, forward back who knows

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #782 on: April 01, 2011, 12:35:36 PM »

Hawthorn wanted both and also knew that Franklin was the supreme player due to their recruiting team actually watching games these boys played.

How come Hawthorn took a time out straight after Richmond took Tambling at 4 then? Surely they would have selected Franklin without hesitation instead of looking perplexed and needing to have a discussion.
the fact is that the recruiting guy or the football department head can't remember which,  went to then president Lord and told him how he was gonna get the 2 best talls in the draft. Heard it on a radio interview.
That is just the Hawks changing the facts after the event, they not only took a time out but they almost read out the wrong players name.

So it was the perfect charade by Hawthorn knowing all the time they were going to pick Buddy and Roughy and stooging us in the process and our comeback was to Wallet to start crowing that we had the best players and we were happy with the draft.
That was over 6 years ago and I could not care less anyway. We have a gun forward in Jack and we have a compensation pick for Tambling. Good luck to all parties concerned and lets worry about current issues and tonights game.

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #783 on: April 01, 2011, 02:36:15 PM »

So it was the perfect charade by Hawthorn knowing all the time they were going to pick Buddy and Roughy and stooging us in the process and our comeback was to Wallet to start crowing that we had the best players and we were happy with the draft.
That was over 6 years ago and I could not care less anyway. We have a gun forward in Jack and we have a compensation pick for Tambling. Good luck to all parties concerned and lets worry about current issues and tonights game.
Believe what you like, doesn't make it any more true.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Troy's dilemma (NT News)
« Reply #784 on: April 01, 2011, 02:57:14 PM »
Troy's dilemma
By Grey Morris
NT News 
April 1st, 2011

RICHMOND and former South Alice Springs, Wanderers and NT Thunder utility Troy Taylor's AFL career is again on hold.

The gifted Centralian is staying with family in the Top End as he takes time out to re-assess his AFL aspirations. Taylor has found life in Melbourne and the spotlight placed on him as an AFL footballer a tough assignment.

Possessed with all the skills required to succeed at the elite level, the 19-year-old has battled homesickness and the absence of family since the Tigers selected him at No.51 in the 2009 national draft.

Taylor made his debut with the Tigers last season, playing four games in the black and gold jumper.

Off the field, the fallout from an incident in Alice Springs 15 months ago where he was handed a two-year suspended sentence by the courts, and continued homesickness, has Taylor contemplating his future in the game.

Richmond said Taylor was away for an "indefinite period" while he decided if he would continue playing in the AFL.

"The club will continue to support Troy as he deals with these issues," general manager of football Craig Cameron said.

"He will spend this time away from the club and make a decision on whether he wants to continue his AFL career."

A source close to Richmond said the club had done everything in its power to assist Taylor's transition to Melbourne and the pressures associated with AFL football.

"We're very aware of Troy's prestigious talent and want him to continue to play with Richmond," the source said. "But in the end it is Troy's decision on whether he wants to play in the AFL, he is the person who must say yes or no."

http://www.ntnews.com.au/article/2011/04/01/221591_ntsport.html

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #785 on: April 01, 2011, 02:58:23 PM »
get stuffed

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #786 on: April 01, 2011, 03:21:51 PM »
I think it's obvious unless some issues are seriously addressed, and things change for Troy if he does return he's going to go AWOL again.

Something needs drastic change for him to have a long AFL career
Go Tigers!

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #787 on: April 01, 2011, 03:33:35 PM »
It's a shame the judge didn't put a condition on his suspended sentence that he needed to stay in the AFL environment that helped keep him out of jail in the first place

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #788 on: April 01, 2011, 05:14:56 PM »
It's a shame the judge didn't put a condition on his suspended sentence that he needed to stay in the AFL environment that helped keep him out of jail in the first place
spot on. :thumbsup
The club that keeps giving.

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019.2020
« Reply #789 on: April 01, 2011, 05:24:49 PM »

Is there anything in your beliefs about passing judgment on others? ('specially when you dont know all the facts)

[/quote]
do you really want me to answer this question?
The club that keeps giving.

Ox

« Reply #790 on: April 01, 2011, 05:32:31 PM »
He's a poofter and hasn't come out yet.

Offline RedanTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #791 on: April 01, 2011, 07:17:27 PM »
And btw I find it funny how everyone is carrying on about this and what the club should do when none of us have a clue as to what the personal reasons are....
Would love to know what would be deemed to be acceptable personal reasons for people on here

WP while no-one here knows exactly and fully the reasons why Troy has left and how or if it could be remedied, the article here that was posted in the other Troy Taylor thread does quote his mother saying he was being silly.

Taylor's mum, Tania Dudgeon, said her son was caught in a negative environment.
"He had a fight with his father and just went really silly and did a lot of drinking," she said.
"There was a stage where I was ready to jump on the plane from Alice Springs and go down and pick him up myself, because he just wasn't listening to anybody."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/richmonds-renegade-teen-troy-taylor-back-on-track-after-crisis/story-e6frf9jf-1226011646415

Note that this was after the club said he was dealing with "cultural issues".
Think this is why so many have little patience for him.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #792 on: April 02, 2011, 09:12:11 AM »
spot on. :thumbsup
Yeah, agree with this too.

Is there anything in your beliefs about passing judgment on others? ('specially when you dont know all the facts)

do you really want me to answer this question?
[/quote]
 ;D
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #793 on: April 17, 2011, 03:35:08 PM »
Thunder: No move on Taylor
Grey Morris
NT News
April 17th, 2011

TERRITORY Thunder is yet to talk to troubled Richmond forward Troy Taylor, the club's chief executive Stuart Totham said last night.

Taylor was given more time off by the Tigers last month to prioritise his football future.

"We haven't spoken to him," Totham told the Sunday Territorian yesterday.

"He's up here (Darwin) somewhere, isn't he?"

The former Wanderers and South Alice Springs footballer has not adjusted to Melbourne's hectic lifestyle since arriving at Punt Rd via the 2009 AFL draft.

Off the field, the fallout from an incident in Alice Springs 15 months ago in which he was handed a two-year suspended sentence by the courts and continued homesickness, has Taylor contemplating his future in the game.

"Agreed! Surely another aspiring NT lad can be given a chance at the big time. Give Taylor a wide berth."

Richmond says Taylor, 19, is away for an "indefinite period" while he decides if AFL football and all the scrutiny that goes along with it is for him.

Taylor was part of the Thunder program before Richmond picked him at No.51 in the '09 national draft.

He has played four league games in a Tiger jumper and booted three

http://www.ntnews.com.au/article/2011/04/17/225491_ntsport.html

Offline tiger4life

• Future Richmond star
Troy Taylor Unlikely to return
« Reply #794 on: April 21, 2011, 12:38:12 AM »
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/richmonds-troy-taylor-unlikely-to-return-to-melbourne/story-e6frf9jf-1226042463557

"He's just up there and he's doing nothing," Dudgeon said.

"I went up there (Darwin) and we had a few people speak to him, like Michael McLean and a couple of his uncles.

"He's been telling people that he's coming back, but he's still there.

"I tried to have a talk to him but he was just saying, 'I'm not going back Mum, they don't do what they're supposed to do for me.

" 'I want a house ... they haven't helped me and how many times do I have to ask them?' "

It is well known Taylor has suffered home sickness in Melbourne without his siblings and he is staying with his older brother in Darwin. But he, too, is urging Taylor to get back to Punt Rd.

"Everyone is trying to get him back, but he has to make that move," Dudgeon said. "I still think he can still come back."

Good riddance you selfish little twerp.