Author Topic: Ben Nason delisted [updated]  (Read 28861 times)

Tigermonk

Re: Ben Nason [merged]
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2009, 01:44:54 PM »

Until he takes a hit that shakes his world  ;D

You won't be able to catch him TM!!   ;D

l expect nothing less ol Smokey  ;D l can see some Bartlett in him & come with a optional extra, >>>>>>>>>>>>> Handball  ;D

Tigermonk

« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2009, 01:49:06 PM »
Welcome Ben, looks the goods for mine, love his burst out speed, tackling, very very very accurate foot passes, for those of you that have been around a bit does Johnny Platten ring a bell and not just because of the hair. :thumbsup

For the most part he didnt seem overly quick but at about 1.40 into his highlights package he puts on a burst that seems impressive but its not fully tested because his opponents are not really interested in the chase. We have to wait and see. Kicking seems a feature but again 73kgs? If he gets to say 80kgs, does he retain his speed?

I don't think he needs to get to 80kgs Ramps.  He is the type of player who will be defensive by his energy levels and elusive by his size/speed.  Whether any of it is up to AFL standard is yet to be written to history but he doesn't really need the bulk, just the ability and intent.

Until he takes a hit that shakes his world  ;D

Sh|t monk, that could be said about anyone, no matter what size. There's an old saying It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but size of the size of fight in the dog. I've seen big bloke get pushed around by smaller blokes simply through the way the different individuals go about it. Look at jhonny platten and even Liberatore (who i dont rate as a footballer but you could never question his endevour), blokes who were small but made up for it with other attributes.
I saw one of the Krakeaurs get bumped out the contest one day, only to bounce back up like a rubber man and straight back into it.
It's what inside that counts and some of the blokes at richmond get bumped/brushed aside moreso because of their mindset. Just watch the way they go about it and compare that to Nahas.

I'll go out on a limb and say that if this bloke doesnt make the grade, it will be because he is not good enough, not because of his body size. From the short clip he looks to have lots of endeavor and has very good hands in traffic. You don't develop that skill unless you spend a lot of time with the ball in that situation. Hardly what you'd expect from someone who constantly gets knocked out of the contest.

lol AL calm down l'm having some jest with OL Smokey  :lol  dont rate Libba mate gee harsh the guy won a Brownlow as did Platten so you would have to rate them surely.
But l do know what you mean infact the small guy is more rubbery  ;D

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2009, 09:05:32 PM »

looks like the bloke that cut the open the foot of the bouncer outside bubbles night club

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #63 on: November 30, 2009, 04:00:14 PM »
Just watched his video.  Very good kicking skills.  Most of them seemed low trajectory, so the ball got to the team-mate FAST.  Bullet handpasses, too.  I like it.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2010, 01:00:00 AM »
hello everyone!

this post may be pointless, but i find it worth sharing.

for Christmas i travelled to Adelaide. some friends from Adelaide took me to this Nightclub in Adelaide called "HQ" on Christmas Eve Eve (Wednesday Night) to Christmas Eve! lol!

it was about 4:30am when i noticed walking passed me a bloke with long blonde-dreadlocks.

i was very sure it was our own Ben Nason.

however, i started to search the whole area but i couldn't find this bloke.

we went onto the dancefloor to do whatever mates do when drinking (lol!) and i notice this bloke again!

in fact, the first time i saw him, i knew it was Ben Nason.

i looked at Ben, and i thought "bugger this, i am going to ask him if he is Ben Nason".

so i did.

i tapped him on the shoulder, he turned around and i said to him "Are you Ben Nason?"

he looked at me kind of weirdly, so i then added "You just got drafted to Richmond?"

and he started to smile.

at that time i thought i better explain how i knew who he was ...

i then said, "I am from Melbourne champ and i am a Richmond supporter!"

as soon as i said that, Ben then said "heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy"

and gave me a massive hug! lol! on the dancefloor!

i said to Ben, "I wish you all the best with us and hope you make an impact"

Ben said "thanks thanks" so then i asked how is Dimma's training going?

Ben said that "Dimma is running us into the ground".

he then said something like, it has been hard and he is happy he has a couple of weeks back in Adelaide.

then i said again, goodluck Ben, wish you all the best and parted ways!

lol! just thought i would share my Dec 24th at 4:30am little chat with Ben Nason.

he was good enough to actually talk to me and i was laughing really at the fact as soon as i said "I'm a Richmond supporter"

he gave me the biggest hug you would see.

my mates at the time didn't know who he was and thought i found a mate from Melbourne in Adelaide!

lol! i know some people will not believe this story and i wish i took a picture with him, but i didn't, so please take my word, or ask Ben how was "HQ"

Christmas Eve Eve! lol!

just funny that at 4:30am Christmas Eve i spotted Ben Nason from a crowd well over 1,000!

those dreadlocks are easy to pinpoint!

i hope everybody had a great christmas and a great new years eve!

please be safe!

torch!

:)

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #65 on: January 09, 2010, 02:43:10 AM »
Well done torch....Thats a very funny story.

Thanks for sharing  :thumbsup
Unleash the tornado

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2010, 10:55:37 AM »
My sister works at Richmond and said that every time she rocks up to work at 8am with a Coffee she has seen Ben Nason either in the gym or running sprints on Punt Road. She thinks he lives either in the change rooms or in a caravan in the MCG Car Park as he is always training every single morning lol.

She said by far he looks like the hardest worker. Good on him, maybe making up for his lack of size with work ethic. Maybe another Nathan Foley?

All the best Benny
Go Tigers!

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #67 on: January 09, 2010, 12:32:16 PM »
My sister works at Richmond and said that every time she rocks up to work at 8am with a Coffee she has seen Ben Nason either in the gym or running sprints on Punt Road. She thinks he lives either in the change rooms or in a caravan in the MCG Car Park as he is always training every single morning lol.

She said by far he looks like the hardest worker. Good on him, maybe making up for his lack of size with work ethic. Maybe another Nathan Foley?

All the best Benny

ben has good speed and great skills, if he can get some consistency in his game and contribute for 4 quarters ....... watch out

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #68 on: January 09, 2010, 01:04:14 PM »
hello everyone!

this post may be pointless, but i find it worth sharing.

for Christmas i travelled to Adelaide. some friends from Adelaide took me to this Nightclub in Adelaide called "HQ" on Christmas Eve Eve (Wednesday Night) to Christmas Eve! lol!

it was about 4:30am when i noticed walking passed me a bloke with long blonde-dreadlocks.

i was very sure it was our own Ben Nason.

however, i started to search the whole area but i couldn't find this bloke.

we went onto the dancefloor to do whatever mates do when drinking (lol!) and i notice this bloke again!

in fact, the first time i saw him, i knew it was Ben Nason.

i looked at Ben, and i thought "bugger this, i am going to ask him if he is Ben Nason".

so i did.

i tapped him on the shoulder, he turned around and i said to him "Are you Ben Nason?"

he looked at me kind of weirdly, so i then added "You just got drafted to Richmond?"

and he started to smile.

at that time i thought i better explain how i knew who he was ...

i then said, "I am from Melbourne champ and i am a Richmond supporter!"

as soon as i said that, Ben then said "heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy"

and gave me a massive hug! lol! on the dancefloor!

i said to Ben, "I wish you all the best with us and hope you make an impact"

Ben said "thanks thanks" so then i asked how is Dimma's training going?

Ben said that "Dimma is running us into the ground".

he then said something like, it has been hard and he is happy he has a couple of weeks back in Adelaide.

then i said again, goodluck Ben, wish you all the best and parted ways!

lol! just thought i would share my Dec 24th at 4:30am little chat with Ben Nason.

he was good enough to actually talk to me and i was laughing really at the fact as soon as i said "I'm a Richmond supporter"

he gave me the biggest hug you would see.

my mates at the time didn't know who he was and thought i found a mate from Melbourne in Adelaide!

lol! i know some people will not believe this story and i wish i took a picture with him, but i didn't, so please take my word, or ask Ben how was "HQ"

Christmas Eve Eve! lol!

just funny that at 4:30am Christmas Eve i spotted Ben Nason from a crowd well over 1,000!

those dreadlocks are easy to pinpoint!

i hope everybody had a great christmas and a great new years eve!

please be safe!

torch!

:)
cheers torch, good story, kinda stuff like reading about on these forums
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #69 on: January 09, 2010, 06:01:45 PM »
Great story torch  ;D. Thanks for sharing it with us  :cheers.

All the best Benny
Good to hear he's super-committed to the opportunity he's been given. Let's hope his footy ability can match this strong work ethic. Then we'll know we have found a player.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #70 on: January 09, 2010, 08:28:28 PM »
Good on ya Torch, great to hear that Hardwick is training them hard and also to hear that he is the hardest worker, really think we may have pulled off a bit of a coup with this fella :thumbsup
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #71 on: January 11, 2010, 07:54:51 AM »
Good on him, he isn't gonna die wondering in any case.  Sounded like he had the skills so he might be a real rough diamond as Wat said. :thumbsup
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #72 on: March 26, 2010, 12:26:57 AM »
Watching the game live I would've thought Nason had more than 10 possies. Even so impressive for a first gamer who hasn't even seen the 'G before. Looked very comfortable at this level and showed up a number of his more experienced teammates for skills and especially footy brains.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

TigerTimeII

« Reply #73 on: March 26, 2010, 12:29:18 AM »
he belonged out  there, will be alayer showed alot

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #74 on: March 26, 2010, 12:33:59 AM »
good first game.
no doubt we'll see more of him this year.