Author Topic: Whats the best option  (Read 3183 times)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Whats the best option
« on: November 05, 2004, 12:54:52 PM »
I would probably go for an evenish mix - even though I would like to see a CV or dosier presented by each candidate similar to what they put out for the election at the start of last year.

and for those that did not put one forward ie: (TJ) Automatically NO VOTES  :)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Whats the best option
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2004, 01:10:08 PM »
I would add to that CUB - that I would want a guarantee that if elected any one of the candidates will serve on the board with everyone else that is elected. If it is made up of 4 from Casey's ticket and 4 from Schwab's and 1 independant then they must be prepared to work together. They cannot be elected and then say I'm not staying because I wont work with X, Y or Z

If you are not prepared to abide by and accept the members vote and decision then they should not be there.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2004, 01:10:26 PM »
If it goes to an AGM and we have a properly constituted election, as should happen, then I will vote for the best candidates available.

If it goes to an EGM then I'll vote for the current Board.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2004, 01:12:07 PM »
If it goes to an AGM and we have a properly constituted election, as should happen, then I will vote for the best candidates available.

Beat me to it TS.

I was just about to add CUB you've left off the most important option - the best available candidates.

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2004, 01:28:34 PM »

Beat me to it TS.

I was just about to add CUB you've left off the most important option - the best available candidates.

Dohhh ! Cant half tell I'm new at these forum thigy's  - yep obviously best available  :shh

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2004, 05:19:54 PM »
At an EGM we'll be asked to disqualify each of the 8 current board members one at a time and replace each one of them with one member from the alternative ticket one at a time in accordance with section 13 (g):

13.   DISQUALIFICATION OF MEMBERS OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS

The office of a member of the Board shall be ipso facto vacated:

(g)   If the Members by Ordinary Resolution at either an Annual General Meeting or Extraordinary General Meeting vote to disqualify a member of the Board, even though the member's term has not expired.  The Members may then at any such meeting vote to appoint another party to the office of member of the Board.

So I presume you would need to first decide who to vote out from the current board before voting someone in and that someone in would only come from the alternative ticket. The alternative ticket would ask for all current directors to be disqualified and themselves then appointed.

At an AGM 3 current board members go up for re-election (if there wasn't a EGM they would be Cameron, Lord and the spare 9th spot if Nicklos and Mithen took over from Daddo and Welsh) and we then vote for 3 people out of the 3 incumbants and any challengers like earlier this year.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2004, 05:22:55 PM »

And a Neither option  ;D

For me it is best available candidate as well.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2004, 05:42:36 PM »
At an EGM we'll be asked to disqualify each of the 8 current board members one at a time and replace each one of them with one member from the alternative ticket one at a time in accordance with section 13 (g):

13.   DISQUALIFICATION OF MEMBERS OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS

The office of a member of the Board shall be ipso facto vacated:

(g)   If the Members by Ordinary Resolution at either an Annual General Meeting or Extraordinary General Meeting vote to disqualify a member of the Board, even though the member's term has not expired.  The Members may then at any such meeting vote to appoint another party to the office of member of the Board.

So I presume you would need to first decide who to vote out from the current board before voting someone in and that someone in would only come from the alternative ticket. The alternative ticket would ask for all current directors to be disqualified and themselves then appointed.

At an AGM 3 current board members go up for re-election (if there wasn't a EGM they would be Cameron, Lord and the spare 9th spot if Nicklos and Mithen took over from Daddo and Welsh) and we then vote for 3 people out of the 3 incumbants and any challengers like earlier this year.

Excellent - Thanks for that info MT - IN this case as I have no allegiance to anyone from either party as most (not all) have screwed us at some stage. I will vote for the peolpe that will say what is wrong what they have done wrong what they intend to do to change things etc etc .

and most importantly people that qualifiy they will work for the benefit of the Richmond Football Club with whoever else is elected - and none of this faction shiet   :thumbsup

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2004, 10:42:34 AM »

That’s what I’ve been against all along MT.  It has nothing to do with who is on either side.  I just believe that going down this track is divisive and that the Alternative ticket continues to perpetuate the division within RFC and is the reason I am so against them.

So I would be voting against any such request, because by doing so, this is a way for members to send the message to these people, and anyone else who wants to go down this track, that we are against self-promoting, selfish and destructive ways of running our Club that have only ever served to bring it to its knees.

Agreeing to disqualify members of the current Board would just give right of way for others to go down the same track in the future.

If members want to take back control of how RFC is run and stop these minority groups from continuing to control it, and all but running it into the ground, then we can have our say by voting against any such request (if it gets to that point) and instead come to expect, and even demand, that those who are genuine about wanting to be on the Board go through the proper channels.

That is a way to finally put an end to the faction fighting, because these minority groups can then have no power, if they aren’t given any.

Remember too that there’s absolutely nothing stopping any of these people from nominating for the Board, so, if not for reasons of self-interest, why the need to go down such a divisive path?  That’s what I’d like to know.

How can we expect to have an accountable Board/Administration when members have barely had a say on how the Club has been run for at least two decades?

Instead, members’ rights have been hi-jacked by minority groups, factions and people in the background who think they know better and deserve more of a say than we do.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2004, 03:02:35 PM »
I think the timing of the media mentioning that Miller may nominate for the board, as the alternative is about to present a petition, may not be a coincidence.
Even though I would prefer him to stay in charge of the football department, I can see that it could put a spanner in the works for the alternative. I don't know of any supporter who would not want to vote for him, so could see a backlash if an attempt is made to deny the members this basic right.

I realise it's a cynical reading of the situation but it's the first thing I thought of when I heard of Miller's possible nomination.
Maybe it's wishful thinking because I don't like the alternative's proposal.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2004, 03:04:08 PM by Fishfinger »
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2004, 04:05:12 PM »
Instead, members’ rights have been hi-jacked by minority groups, factions and people in the background who think they know better and deserve more of a say than we do.

Amen to that TS  :bow

I think the timing of the media mentioning that Miller may nominate for the board, as the alternative is about to present a petition, may not be a coincidence.
Even though I would prefer him to stay in charge of the football department, I can see that it could put a spanner in the works for the alternative. I don't know of any supporter who would not want to vote for him, so could see a backlash if an attempt is made to deny the members this basic right.

I realise it's a cynical reading of the situation but it's the first thing I thought of when I heard of Miller's possible nomination.
Maybe it's wishful thinking because I don't like the alternative's proposal.

You could be close to the money there FF. Miller did send that letter to Pahoff midway through this year most likely knowing it would be made public. So if this were true then it wouldn't be the first time he's stepped up to check opposition moves.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2004, 10:29:09 PM »
So here we go - who is the best choice out of Casey Schwab Macek for illustrious leader.  :help

I really dont think Schwab will go for it as he knows he wont get it. So who do we choose out of Casey and Macek OR is there another twist in the saga waiting in the wings.

I'll stick my neck out here and go with Casey on the basis of the seeming turnaround at Richmond at present. He is a proud business man who KNOWS he has stuffed up and he will lose all semblance of credibility if he does not learn from his mistakes and turn it around as of now.

Would anyone welcome Daphne back if he put his hand up  :-\

Any other suggestions who could put their hand up.

Grand Hyatt December 22 - Isn't that time of year Footy shorts and thongs weather - do u reckon they'll let me in  :rollin

Life goes on

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2004, 11:02:15 PM »
David Mariners son, I wonder if he will put his hand up ;)

froars

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2004, 12:54:23 AM »
Who the eff is David Marriner - is he the bloke who runs theatres?
And who the hell is his son?
Does he know anything about footy?

froars

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2004, 12:57:05 AM »
Would anyone welcome Daphne back if he put his hand up 
Wish he would - him, Miller and Terry would make an awesome team.