Author Topic: Dylan Grimes [merged]  (Read 237171 times)

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
Re: Dylan Grimes [merged]
« Reply #435 on: July 24, 2013, 08:02:09 AM »
He ll be doing well to get back, the tigers line up is harder to break into than Fort Knox these days :shh
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #436 on: July 24, 2013, 11:34:34 AM »
Cant wait to see him back but needs to improve his kicking to be elite which he can be given time on the park.

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #437 on: July 24, 2013, 11:56:27 AM »
Considering our defense is currently ranked 3rd in the competition (granted we haven't played the Hawks & Swans yet and Essendon for a second time) so our defensive structure is holding up well despite Grimes absence. I think he would improve the backline, taking Petterd's/Batchelor's role. I feel he would offer more than these players but would need to earn his spot playing for Coburg with not many games left in the season to do it... :-\

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #438 on: July 24, 2013, 12:01:50 PM »
Grimes = Petterd spot

better in every aspect apart from maybe amount of possession. However IMO Grimes kicks lazer beams as opposed to Pettard helicopters n

tony_montana

« Reply #439 on: July 24, 2013, 05:12:14 PM »
so we can expect to see bruce reid playing for the burgers this week?

TigerTimeII

« Reply #440 on: July 24, 2013, 07:43:17 PM »
his body must hold up and i fear it wont

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #441 on: July 24, 2013, 09:32:30 PM »

You think he has torn his hammies 4 times, I'll take you're comments regarding the matter with a grain of salt
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 11:04:35 PM by Yeahright »

gerkin greg

« Reply #442 on: July 24, 2013, 10:22:02 PM »
this gringo is cactus

TigerTimeII

« Reply #443 on: July 25, 2013, 05:17:48 AM »

You think he has torn his hammies 4 times, I'll take you're comments regarding the matter with a grain of salt

he has had at least 4 hammy injuries since.he started plus now his current injuries
he has never had continuity in his footy since he started

the grain of salt is more like a mountain of salt
now back to ur paddock

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #444 on: July 25, 2013, 11:15:08 AM »
If only we could inject him with steroids
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #445 on: July 25, 2013, 02:38:45 PM »

Whale steroids would do the trick

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #446 on: July 25, 2013, 05:13:17 PM »
Someone get on the blower to Hirdy, FFS.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #447 on: July 26, 2013, 02:19:37 PM »
I want to be a Tiger for life: Grimes

By Nathan Schmook
afl.com.au
Friday, July 26, 2013

RICHMOND defender Dylan Grimes has declared he wants to be a Tiger for life as he prepares to make his anticipated return from a serious foot injury this weekend.

Sidelined since round six after suffering a stress fracture in his foot, Grimes will play half a game with the Coburg VFL reserves on Sunday.

The 22-year-old, who suffered long-term hamstring injuries in 2011 and 2012, said the past few months on the sidelines had been the hardest thing he'd dealt with in football.

The setback has not derailed plans to keep the talented backman at Punt Road beyond this season, however, with the club in ongoing talks with Grimes's management.

"We have been in negotiation but I don't think there's any question of where I'm going to play the rest of my career," Grimes told AFL.com.au

"I'd love to be a one-club player and Richmond have given me more than I could ever hope for from an AFL club.

"I'm ecstatic to be part of the playing group and the leadership group, so I won't be going anywhere at all."

Grimes is scheduled to play a full game at VFL level next week, with a view to being available for senior selection against the Brisbane Lions in round 20.

He said he hadn't set any goals around playing at AFL level as the Tigers close in on their first finals appearance since 2001.

"I'd love to be able to play a part in the Richmond journey towards the latter part of this season, but it's very much governed by the coaches' thinking," he said.   

"The positive sitting on the sidelines was seeing the success we were having and knowing there was a possibility I could come back towards the latter part of the season.

"That kept me going and it's been great to see the development from the stands.

"I'm really hoping to be involved in some of that development in the last few games."

Recruited in the 2010 NAB AFL Pre-Season Draft, Grimes has played 22 games in a promising but injury-riddled start to his career.

After undergoing hamstring surgery at the end of 2012, he had set himself to play a full season this year, compounding his disappointment when the foot injury was discovered in May.

"Every time I've been injured I've felt like I'd just found my feet at AFL level and this was another case like that," he said.

"I felt like my match fitness was just coming back, I was feeling confident out on the field and then sure enough I got injured again.

"I'd gone from playing one week to not being able to walk around the house. It was really hard to deal with."

Grimes questioned whether he would get confidence back in his body and whether he would ever play a full season.

However, his return has gathered momentum over the past two weeks and the young leader is positive about what the future holds. 

"You just keep getting each session under your belt and then all of a sudden you're back where I am now, just about to come back for my first game," he said.

"As soon as you're back playing it's out of your mind and all you're concentrating on is footy. Things couldn't be better now."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-07-26/im-a-tiger-for-life-grimes

dwaino

« Reply #448 on: July 26, 2013, 07:51:18 PM »
Will take him a lifetime to make 50 games  :clapping

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #449 on: July 26, 2013, 07:53:35 PM »

Whale steroids would do the trick

From experience Chuck... ;D
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"