Author Topic: Dylan Grimes [merged]  (Read 234022 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Dylan Grimes [merged]
« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2010, 09:19:43 PM »
6 month wait now.

Grimes obviously needs to build up his body and strength but he did okay today for his debut.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2010, 09:42:23 PM »
Yep! We have found a CHB/FB! Impressed me.

Taylor just needs to get more confidence! He can play and seems second to the ball. Once Taylor starts attacking the football and kicking straight, Taylor will be dangerous.

Not convinced about Jimmy-O!

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2010, 09:53:42 PM »
Grimes and Taylor were very nervous and both need to get stuck into the protein powder and weights over the summer big time. Taylor looked like a twig blowing around in a storm at times. Grimes made some errors of inexperience and size but had the game sense to indicate a good future lays ahead. Gourdis was the most impressive for mine. O'Rielly...juries out - more game time required I feel.

Great to have found so many potential players this year. Makes a nice change from all the disappointment of potential unrealized in seasons past.

Stripes

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #63 on: August 29, 2010, 10:03:03 PM »
Of course O'Rielly needs more game time he picked up a footy 18 months ago.

I've got confidence in our development team to develop him into a handy run and carry player.
Go Tigers!

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #64 on: August 29, 2010, 10:09:54 PM »

Tadhg Kennelley:
2000 - Rookie List, no games, elevated to Senior List 2001.
2001 - 8 games, 49 disposals (36k 13h), 11 marks, 5 tackles, 3g 1b, 1 free for 5 against.  Ave 6.1 disposals, 1.4 marks, 0.6 tackles.
2002 - 20 games, 227 disposals (127k 100h), 36 marks, 26 tackles, 7g 3b, 8 free for 10 against.  Ave 11.35 disposals, 1.8 marks, 1.3 tackles.
2003 - 24 games, 370 disposals (206k 164h), 85 marks, 38 tackles, 8g 2b, 11 free for 14 against.  Ave 15.4 disposals, 3.5 marks, 1.6 tackles.

Jamie O'Reilly:
2010 - Rookie List and elevated to Senior List.  3 games, 42 disposals (18k 24 h), 11 marks, 1 tackle, 4 free for 4 against.  Ave 14 disposals, 3.7 marks, 0.3 tackles.

Bit early to make a call on him for mine.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #65 on: August 29, 2010, 10:33:15 PM »
Yep! We have found a CHB/FB! Impressed me.

Taylor just needs to get more confidence! He can play and seems second to the ball. Once Taylor starts attacking the football and kicking straight, Taylor will be dangerous.

Jimmy was rock solid, no blunders, no turn overs took em on and was pretty good actually.  Taylor while showing some good signs did muff his delivery and only had about 50% efficiency whereas James was at 73% I think.  Morton was awesome today I thought and Kingy the little champ is still on a roll.
Lots of people name their swords......

gerkin greg

« Reply #66 on: August 30, 2010, 11:42:33 AM »
Yep ORLY looked like he's going to be a player to me. Goo and Grimey whilst inexperienced have composure that some of our older backs lack. If Grimes can put on some meat, Thursfield and McGuane are gone. One of them should be traded this year anyway.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #67 on: August 30, 2010, 03:32:54 PM »
Jimmy O looks like a natural footballer to me. I think it was the third Quarter from the half back flank he made a run splitting two port blokes just by running the right angle. You just cannot teach that sort of thing.

As for grimes, you really could not ask for much more from a kid on debut. :thumbsup
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2010, 02:21:34 AM »

the claw

« Reply #69 on: February 11, 2011, 07:23:27 PM »
Just wondering about this kid. i  have not had him in contention for many games this yr mainly due to his size.thing is i reckon hes potentially our best defender and our most likely long term fb.
has he enough size to play a third tall role or even kp.
atm i have gourdis playing fb but athlete that he is i worry enormously about his footskills.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #70 on: February 11, 2011, 10:02:09 PM »
IMO Grimes could eventually play a KP defensive role size wise at 193cm. He's put on 4kgs over summer to 87kg. Probably needs another preseason to push his weight above 90kg needed to play KP. At the moment he's a third tall.

I have always doubted Goo would make it btw due to his footskills.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #71 on: February 11, 2011, 10:33:06 PM »
Like the look of this kid. Should aim to be somewhere around 93 kgs in the next 18 months if he wants to hold down a key position in the backline.

the claw

« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2011, 10:41:07 PM »
IMO Grimes could eventually play a KP defensive role size wise at 193cm. He's put on 4kgs over summer to 87kg. Probably needs another preseason to push his weight above 90kg needed to play KP. At the moment he's a third tall.

i wonder if they wont try gourdis at ff in the makebelieve cup. would still like to give gourdis a go at fb things cant be any worse than the incumbent.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2011, 12:27:51 AM »
atm i have gourdis playing fb but athlete that he is i worry enormously about his footskills.

For all his flaws, McGuane will get a game ahead of Gourdis at FB. Believe it or not Luke is a better kick.
Hopefully Grimes will be the eventual replacement for both.

Offline Obelix

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2011, 09:58:00 AM »

How quick is he MT? Can he do the job defensively?

I only saw the one game of him last year - hard to gauge from that. But 193cm is a pretty good size, a pleasant surprising actually - he didn't look that tall to me.