Author Topic: Dylan Grimes [merged]  (Read 230807 times)

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Dylan Grimes [merged]
« Reply #915 on: January 18, 2019, 10:05:16 AM »
I reckon he is full of it, hard to get injured when your in your room 100% of the time plugging away on the keyboard with your pants around your ankles most of the time

Offline Assange Tiger 😎

• Bong Lord
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Leader Of AT's Outsiders
« Reply #916 on: January 18, 2019, 10:25:11 AM »
:lol
I work in Africa and they were taking the pee out of me for saving Africa.......
"Living the dream ,not as a slave to the system. If that makes me a tosser, then I'm a proud tosser... I have plenty of time to toss"

Online Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #917 on: January 18, 2019, 02:26:41 PM »
I reckon he is full of it, hard to get injured when your in your room 100% of the time plugging away on the keyboard with your pants around your ankles most of the time

Probably got a bit too excited and vigorous and gave himself a few accidental uppercuts.....most likely while reading player profiles on the Melbourne website..... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline JP Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #918 on: January 18, 2019, 04:49:39 PM »
Sooo ... if his nose runs with a limp now can we call him soft?     :-\
Once a Tiger, always a Tiger!  Loud, proud & dangerous!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #920 on: January 20, 2019, 11:39:09 PM »
The White Zoro!

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #921 on: January 23, 2019, 04:44:20 PM »
LOL
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #922 on: February 06, 2019, 10:34:15 AM »
Why Tigers’ ‘Batman’ can’t get any LeBron love

LAUREN WOOD,
Herald Sun
6 Feb 2019

And Dylan Grimes admits he is now even a little hesitant to take it off.

The Richmond defender suffered a gruesome broken nose at training last month — his fifth in recent times — thanks to a head clash with fellow defender Nathan Broad, who escaped unscathed.

The mask has been a fixture ever since, and Grimes said he isn’t rushing to cast it aside as the JLT Community Series looms.

“When you’re coming back from injury, no matter what it really is, you’re a bit tentative,” he said.

“You get this level of comfort from wearing the protection. I know a lot of players with mouthguards don’t really want to play without it.

“At the moment, I don’t really even want to train without it.

“It definitely still feels really raw and almost fragile … at the moment I’m pretty keen to keep it on and I’m not sure how long that feeling will last, but I certainly get over the sweat and sunscreen underneath it.”

Normally it is a case of “take a deep breath, count to three” and the doctor “pops it straight back in with a bit of force”, Grimes explained, but this time he needed surgery the following day.

“I wasn’t too comfortable — I wasn’t breathing too well out of it and it felt like a lot of pressure in my nose and sinus, so it was good to get it put back into place,” he said, with the current timeline to wear the mask for a few more weeks.

“I was having a laugh with a few of the boys that my modelling career was over right before it was about to peak.”

Set to get married in November, and joked that he would be wrapped in cotton wool in the lead-up to avoid the potential for a sixth break.

The 27-year-old’s recovery has been smooth since he went under the knife, although he would have preferred a change in the nickname stakes given a similar mask was favoured by NBA superstar LeBron James in recent years.

“Batman’ I’m getting quite a lot … Phantom of the Opera I get, as well,” he laughed.

“They’re the main ones. I was really hoping Lebron might get in over Batman, but I haven’t got that yet.”

Richmond has declared that “The Hunt Continues” this season, launching its membership campaign this week.

This season will be Grimes’ 10th at the club, and he said the recent training camp on the Gold Coast was “the best that I’ve been on” as the team looks to avenge last year’s preliminary final defeat.

“It was really great to spend some time with (new players from the draft and trade period) and getting to know them and them getting to know us,” he said.

“The culture that we’ve been growing for such a long time … seeing that develop to another level was really great.”

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/richmond/richmond-defender-dylan-grimes-not-rushing-to-ditch-batman-mask/news-story/d6aac409e1b332801b3cb5db090e6098

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #923 on: March 19, 2019, 11:29:15 AM »
The AFL stars working in Melbourne’s restaurants and bars

Dan Stock,
Herald Sun
19 March 2019

DYLAN GRIMES — MOUNT MACEDON WINERY

Tigers defender Dylan Grimes says the start of the footy season marks the end of days spent on the tractor tending the vines on his 80 acre Mount Macedon property.

“I have had an awesome time up here on the farm, immerse myself into farm life, and it’s getting harder to go back to footy (after preseason) because I’m so passionate and energetic about what we’re doing up here. Sometimes hard to leave,” he says.

Once owned by Olivia Newton John for her Koala Blue wine range, Dylan and fiancee Elisha took the keys to Mount Macedon Winery 2½ years ago and now tend to 6½ acres of vines that create cool-climate pinot and chardonnay, as well as running a restaurant, cellar door, accommodation and wedding centre on the property.

Dylan says having a country property to focus on has been beneficial for him both as a player and person.

“AFL is a bubble, you are very much entrenched in the season. For me to come up here and switch the mobile off, get out on the tractor, I find it really grounding. It gets my head away from football. I’m lucky to have two jobs, both completely different. It’s been really mentally refreshing,” he says.

With plans this year to double the area under vine, as well as set up a market garden and orchard to support the food offering at the cellar door, it looks like Dylan’s season 2019 is shaping up to be big both on and off the field — all with the view to set up for his post-playing days.

“I’ll get more heavily involved in the winemaking (in future). But now I’m loving the balance between farm life and footy and city and country. It’s a dream come true for me.”

Dylan Grimes and fiance Elisha at Mount Macedon Winery.

A food platter at Mount Macedon winery.

Grimes says his winery helps balance the AFL bubble. Picture: Getty

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/lifestyle/eating-out/the-afl-stars-kicking-goals-in-the-restaurant-business/news-story/2732caff01c9584d37320b812d5d6531

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #924 on: March 25, 2019, 11:06:54 AM »
Nick Riewoldt’s dozen: The most irreplaceable players in the AFL

Dylan Grimes (Richmond)

He is one of the best lockdown defenders in the competition. To be able to put him on a player and take them out of a contest is so important for them. We know Alex Rance can do that, but his great strength is his intercepting — same with Nathan Broad, same with David Astbury. Grimes is really the one that I feel like they can just turn to do a job and he will just get it done. I don’t think they have another player capable of doing that as well as Grimes can do it. He would be one of the first magnets up every week because he is just so reliable in that space.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2019-st-kilda-champion-nick-riewoldt-lists-the-12-most-irreplaceable-players-in-the-afl/news-story/68777ab41bea59bfb6eb9569417c94a8

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #925 on: March 25, 2019, 02:34:57 PM »
Nick Riewoldt’s dozen: The most irreplaceable players in the AFL

Dylan Grimes (Richmond)

He is one of the best lockdown defenders in the competition. To be able to put him on a player and take them out of a contest is so important for them. We know Alex Rance can do that, but his great strength is his intercepting — same with Nathan Broad, same with David Astbury. Grimes is really the one that I feel like they can just turn to do a job and he will just get it done. I don’t think they have another player capable of doing that as well as Grimes can do it. He would be one of the first magnets up every week because he is just so reliable in that space.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2019-st-kilda-champion-nick-riewoldt-lists-the-12-most-irreplaceable-players-in-the-afl/news-story/68777ab41bea59bfb6eb9569417c94a8

Well Saint Nick hasn't obviously taken on board Claws opinion

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #926 on: April 13, 2019, 09:48:29 PM »
Grimesy had 13 intercept possessions including 6 in the last quarter.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #927 on: April 13, 2019, 09:58:33 PM »
Can you have butter soft brick walls? :lol
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #928 on: April 13, 2019, 10:30:24 PM »
“I can Rance, I can Rance, everybody take off your pants to my safety Rance”
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #929 on: April 14, 2019, 12:56:41 AM »
Sensational tonight