Author Topic: Spud Era.  (Read 2948 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Spud Era.
« on: January 10, 2010, 01:55:38 AM »
Is almost dead.

Just looked at the list only 4 players are left on the list that played under Danny.

Moore
Jackson
Newman
Tuck

The only other was Simmonds but think he may have started in 05.
Go Tigers!

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Spud Era.
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 09:28:35 AM »
An era defined by poor recruitment

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 09:32:27 AM »
Foley is the 5th remaining who was recruited under Frawley. Didn't play a senior game under him.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 09:50:32 AM »
An error defined by poor recruitment

***edited for accuracy***
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 10:49:14 PM »
Is almost dead.

Just looked at the list only 4 players are left on the list that played under Danny.

Moore
Jackson
Newman
Tuck

The only other was Simmonds but think he may have started in 05.
Yep Simmo was traded for by Plough in exchange for Fiora. As FF said Foley is the 5th one. Both he and Kel were rookies at the time and yet to be promoted or debut. So we have no players left selected sub-pick 50 during Spud's reign and only 5 in total ::). This "group" should now be making up our senior core and carrying most of the workload of the side. Thanks Spud  :banghead.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 11:48:48 AM »
Yep pee poor. Quite a few have departed from the Plough era now too.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 09:50:15 PM »
We did play finals!  :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Con65

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2010, 04:43:47 PM »
And that is why Plough said our window would not be open until 2011....when the 04 and 05 recruits had 6 and 5 years under their belts...

We will be hurting for a few more years as a result of the Spud years... 

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2010, 05:50:49 PM »
And that is why Plough said our window would not be open until 2011....when the 04 and 05 recruits had 6 and 5 years under their belts...

We will be hurting for a few more years as a result of the Spud years... 

As a result of the Spud years? How about the Wallet years? He added his fair share of poo too.  :thumbsup

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2010, 02:57:32 AM »
As a result of the Spud years? How about the Wallet years? He added his fair share of poo too.  :thumbsup

Certainly has. 2011?  :lol

Con65

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2010, 11:58:54 AM »

I disagree...lids, bling, riew, vickery, post, collins, morton, nahas, foley, moore, mcguane, etc were all either recruited or given their chance under Wallace...many of these kids will be the nucleaus of our team for the next 5 or so years....I will be very surprised if after 5 years only 4 or 5 Wallace recruits remain at the club....

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2010, 12:23:20 PM »
I disagree...

You disagree Wallet added his fair share of poo?? :lol

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2010, 02:09:50 PM »

I disagree...lids, bling, riew, vickery, post, collins, morton, nahas, foley, moore, mcguane, etc were all either recruited or given their chance under Wallace...many of these kids will be the nucleaus of our team for the next 5 or so years....I will be very surprised if after 5 years only 4 or 5 Wallace recruits remain at the club....

Ah, a Wallace fan.  ;D Deledio, Vickery, Tambo, Riewoldt etc etc are all first round picks. I'm not going to give him credit for them. He and the recruiting staff did well on the Morton trade, but spoiled it with McMahon.  Of course he's going to have some players that did well for him, but in the end his time here was a big failure. FIVE YEARS and we were nowhere near a decent finals campaign....he was here for FIVE YEARS and we're rebuilding again. :scream

Certainly has. 2011?  :lol

:lol

FNM

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2010, 08:31:41 PM »
Turning over an entire dud list is a pretty unenviable position for any coach to be in
No wonder we're where we are now
Don't ever forget what this buffoon did to our club  :banghead

Con65

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2010, 08:33:58 PM »
Ah, a Wallace fan.  ;D Deledio, Vickery, Tambo, Riewoldt etc etc are all first round picks. I'm not going to give him credit for them.

Do not make that assumption that I am a Wallace fan...just that I do not think he left the place in the same position as it was left when Spud left. The reality is that he inherited an ageing unskilled list...with very few matchwinners....of the players that Wallace cut - only Rodan and Meyer from memory are on other clubs lists (i dont count Ottens as he walked on the club)....in contrast to the spud years we now have 100 games in Lids, 90 odd into blingers, 50 to 60 odd + into the likes of Riew Jacko Moore McGuane Foley....all guys who will still be at the club in 3 years time when we are likely to be a force...

As for not giving him credit for first round picks...by the same token then I assume you do not criticise him for first round failures eg JON.