Author Topic: Newy on 3aw 12/01/10  (Read 3421 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Newy on 3aw 12/01/10
« on: January 13, 2010, 06:49:12 PM »
Audio of Newy on 3aw last night

http://media.mytalk.com.au/3AW/AUDIO/130110_Sports_Today_Replay.mp3

* Nah he hasn't tattooed over summer. Matty White likes that tatts and has flames around his ankles. Tambo has new tatts of his kids and mum.

* Exciting year coming up. Obviously at this time of year all the boys are excited. Everyone practising to put all the things we're implementing into practice on the MCG in round 1.

* Shaw said it's hard for a senior player like Newy when the club is obviously in a rebuilding stage again under Hardwick and he went through all the names gone and the loss of experience it brings. Newy said it's going to be a process but you never know. The boys really believe in the gameplan we're putting together over summer. Been more emphasis on our defensive aspects on the field. Newy believes we have enough senior players to push through that and it's a real exciting year coming up.

* Without Richo it's about finding different avenues to goal. Believes we have the manpower up forward to kick enough goals along with the structure we have now up forward. The game itself ebbs and flows so he doesn't think it'll be too defensive next year and some good scores will be put on the board.

* A lot of people come up and ask him if he's going to play midfield this year. He said he's more a second stringer. Believes the backline is his place and he plays his best footy there but if the coach says go into the midfield or up forward he'll happily do it.

* Astbury - swimming in a pool with his sister and a tree fell on him. He saw it falling and protected his sister but ended up with a corky to his leg.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Newy on 3aw 12/01/10
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 12:35:33 AM »

Believes we have the manpower up forward to kick enough goals along with the structure we have now up forward.

:o Deluded if he truly believes that.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 01:06:00 AM »

Believes we have the manpower up forward to kick enough goals along with the structure we have now up forward.

Well I must be deluded as well because I feel the same. WE have Jack, Nahas, Post, King, Tuck, Deledio (pinch hitter), Connors, Griffiths, Browne, Graham, Jackson (pinch hitter), Edwards, Gilligan (if elevated), Morton and Vickery if needed.

Doesnt look that bad to me, include the running players wings and mids and I am sure we will do ok... :thumbsup
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 02:48:03 AM »
Well I must be deluded as well because I feel the same.

Maybe you are.
I'll be amazed if we kick many winning scores this season.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 12:27:14 PM »

Maybe you are.

Maybe I am, maybe Newman is but maybe you are, look at the Swans years ago when they won the Premiership, the teams they beat did not kick many goals because of the Swans defensive pressure and the Swans never kicked big scores either. Look at the Saints last year they were the hardest team in the comp to score against because of their defensive game plan.

What have we been focusing on at training that has been mentioned in just about every training thread... DEFENSIVE PRESSURE..... so add that with those players I mentioned in the forward line and I think the club know what they are doing!!

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2010, 01:25:16 PM »

Maybe you are.

Maybe I am, maybe Newman is but maybe you are, look at the Swans years ago when they won the Premiership, the teams they beat did not kick many goals because of the Swans defensive pressure and the Swans never kicked big scores either. Look at the Saints last year they were the hardest team in the comp to score against because of their defensive game plan.

What have we been focusing on at training that has been mentioned in just about every training thread... DEFENSIVE PRESSURE..... so add that with those players I mentioned in the forward line and I think the club know what they are doing!!

We'll see.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2010, 01:44:38 PM »

It's comments like this that show little faith in our players in the forward line, comments like this that ruin this forum for others trying to have faith in where we are heading. :whistle

"Rucks:

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2010, 02:15:22 PM »
It's comments like this that show little faith in our players in the forward line, comments like this that ruin this forum for others trying to have faith in where we are heading. :whistle

Faith is all but gone for me. No more spin, I want to see evidence.
Like I said, we'll see & I hope Newman (& yourself ;)) is right.
I just can't see it atm.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2010, 02:19:26 PM »

Well I must be deluded as well because I feel the same. WE have Jack, Nahas, Post, King, Tuck, Deledio (pinch hitter), Connors, Griffiths, Browne, Graham, Jackson (pinch hitter), Edwards, Gilligan (if elevated), Morton and Vickery if needed.

Doesnt look that bad to me, include the running players wings and mids and I am sure we will do ok... :thumbsup

ooh dear me WA.

Edwards, Graham, Browne, Edwards, Connors, Gilligan and dare i say King.

you been on the yeyo again pal because that forward line is laughable to say the least
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2010, 02:20:12 PM »

Faith(spin) is all but gone for me. I want to see evidence.
Like I said, we'll see & I hope Newman (& yourself ;)) is right.
I just can't see it atm.

You should never lose the faith MM, no matter what, thats what makes us the best supporters in the AFL!! Don't worry I too have suffered since after 1980 but I will continue to believe that every year through every player and every coach we are building to improve this club on and off field.  :thumbsup

"Rucks:

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2010, 02:21:32 PM »

King isn't a goal scorer, the most he's kicked in a season is 5. Jackson doesn't kick many...Browne is a ruckman that didn't kick many at Coburg last season. Connors has been here for 4 years and has only played 10 games. Tuck kicks the occasional goal but isn't goal kicker. Jack, Lids, Morton, Nahas all have the ability to kick a good amount, but I don't know about most of your list. Hopefully a big year coming up for Riewoldt at CHF with someone stepping up at Full Forward.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2010, 02:24:03 PM »

ooh dear me WA.

you been on the yeyo again pal because that forward line is laughable to say the least

Well I had to put someone down there, who do you think then Daniel, come up with some others instead of just bagging what I have suggested!!

"Rucks:

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2010, 03:47:10 PM »
when does Newman talk in this audio?

can't find it!

:)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2010, 03:51:55 PM »

ooh dear me WA.

Well I had to put someone down there, who do you think then Daniel, come up with some others instead of just bagging what I have suggested!!

as it stands right now the only players capable on our list to kick goals are Nahas, Jack and Lids. I think Post looks the part too.

but sadly thats it. the rest on your list and others are just a sad indication of where our club sits at the moment.

King, Jackson will not take us to a flag, Edwards ditto.

LMAO at Browne. you serious or what? he can hardly brak into our senior team and you think he is part of this dynamic forward line we wil have in 2010.

I can see it now, Max Rooke and Scarlett shaking in their boots when they line up against Edwards and Connors.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2010, 04:17:03 PM »
Well I give up on some of you so called supporters and trying as I have been to get you on board for the start of this season. At least the club and Newman and even me believe we have something up forward and as a team.

So to you unbelievers, dwell in the past and all of your negative thoughts towards the club, players and our prospects for the year, I can only hope for the sake of yourselves and your families that you are not this negative in your personal lives.

"Rucks: