Author Topic: Newy on 3aw 12/01/10  (Read 3410 times)

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
Re: Newy on 3aw 12/01/10
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2010, 04:41:21 PM »
Well I give up on some of you so called supporters and trying as I have been to get you on board for the start of this season. At least the club and Newman and even me believe we have something up forward and as a team.

So to you unbelievers, dwell in the past and all of your negative thoughts towards the club, players and our prospects for the year, I can only hope for the sake of yourselves and your families that you are not this negative in your personal lives.

Are you talking about me for being concerned about where the goals are going to come from? Do I (and others) have to talk up the club all the time to be "real" supporters? Mate, I have been supporting this club for a long time and have seen nothing but poo (apart from the occasional decent season), yet I still get to games when I can and I buy a membership every year. I'm not negative, I just give my opinions and that's what a forum is for.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2010, 04:53:20 PM »
as it stands right now the only players capable on our list to kick goals are Nahas, Jack and Lids. I think Post looks the part too.

but sadly thats it.

Sadly is right.
Richo not lining up for another season has really hurt our forward line depth despite no partaking in much of last season. In his absence we finished 15th remember. Hardly encouraging heading in to '10 with so few renowned goal scorers on the list.
Riewoldt is promising, Morton unpredictable, Nahas a 2nd year player, Cotchin still recovering and Deledio carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders. We can realistically expect injuries to some of those players during the year and then where does it leave us?
I have no expectations of our forward line this season to kick winning scores except I hope that we get some valuable game time into the likes of Post, Griffiths, Gourdis, Vickery, Taylor, Roberts, Astbury etc. which may help us to in the future.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2010, 04:56:59 PM »
Well I give up on some of you so called supporters and trying as I have been to get you on board for the start of this season. At least the club and Newman and even me believe we have something up forward and as a team.

So to you unbelievers, dwell in the past and all of your negative thoughts towards the club, players and our prospects for the year, I can only hope for the sake of yourselves and your families that you are not this negative in your personal lives.

Are you talking about me for being concerned about where the goals are going to come from? Do I (and others) have to talk up the club all the time to be "real" supporters? Mate, I have been supporting this club for a long time and have seen nothing but poo (apart from the occasional decent season), yet I still get to games when I can and I buy a membership every year. I'm not negative, I just give my opinions and that's what a forum is for.

Thats nice, continue on with your opinions I won't be buying into them as much as you won't by talking the club up... until they start winning I suppose..
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2010, 05:01:29 PM »

Thats nice, continue on with your opinions I won't be buying into them as much as you won't by talking the club up... until they start winning I suppose..

You're a hero  :thumbsup You really are.

Someone give this bloke a medal! Let's not forget some of your post game rants from last year. "Edwards is useless"..."Polo doesn't deserve his spot" Pot, kettle, black.  :shh LMFAO @ you bagging everyone who isn't sure about our forward line.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2010, 05:18:21 PM »
Hey Davey you sure you are not the hero??? Edwards and Polo FROM LAST YEAR LAST SEASON....... MOVE ON GIRL I HAVE!!!! I have already said I don't think Polo is a fit in this side but I hope he makes it, as you would have noticed with your sharp eye... ::) I have included Edwards in my forward line that YOU said would not work. I am backing every player and the club in and I have so far since the end of round 22 2009!! Appart from my comments on Polo but like I have said millions of times I hop he proves me wrong.

So give yourself a medal and jam it up your arse!! Bored of your 2 year old comments now go away!

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2010, 05:23:12 PM »
Hey Davey you sure you are not the hero??? Edwards and Polo FROM LAST YEAR LAST SEASON....... MOVE ON GIRL I HAVE!!!! I have already said I don't think Polo is a fit in this side but I hope he makes it, as you would have noticed with your sharp eye... ::) I have included Edwards in my forward line that YOU said would not work. I am backing every player and the club in and I have so far since the end of round 22 2009!! Appart from my comments on Polo but like I have said millions of times I hop he proves me wrong.

So give yourself a medal and jam it up your behind!! Bored of your 2 year old comments now go away!

:lol :rollin :wallywink

"effing effing Edwards is a waste of money" "effing Edwards is not an AFL player"  ;D

I didn't say your forward line wouldn't work, I just pointed out you listed blokes that either don't kick enough goals or don't even play as a forward. That " I hope he proves me wrong " poo is a cop out, too. If you don't think a player is good enough then say so...or are you afraid you'll hurt their feelings..

You should start your own site: Billy Brown Toungue the Richmond fan.......

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2010, 05:39:26 PM »
Someone give this bloke a medal! Let's not forget some of your post game rants from last year. "Edwards is useless"..."Polo doesn't deserve his spot" Pot, kettle, black.  :shh LMFAO @ you bagging everyone who isn't sure about our forward line.

:lol The hypocrisy is hilarious.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2010, 05:51:49 PM »
Yeah two might want to read a few of your own posts now go back to playing with each others .... I am out of this. I will stick to topic thanks.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 02:59:53 AM by one-eyed »

"Rucks:

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2010, 05:56:56 PM »
Audio of Newy on 3aw last night

Believes we have the manpower up forward to kick enough goals along with the structure we have now up forward. The game itself ebbs and flows so he doesn't think it'll be too defensive next year and some good scores will be put on the board.

Good to see that Newman indicates the structure up forward has also changed this should help out the new forwards and obviously fit in with the new game plan.

"Rucks:

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2010, 07:06:58 PM »

as it stands right now the only players capable on our list to kick goals are Nahas, Jack and Lids. I think Post looks the part too.

but sadly thats it.

Daniel, did you forget Morton or don't you rate him?

I'd also add Tuck as capable, if he is played as a forward. He is a strong mark and a surprisingly good kick for goal, but yeah, there's not too many with the score on the board.

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

the claw

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2010, 07:02:52 PM »

they are right  we lack proven players not just in the forward line but evreywhere. the forward line is being rebuilt. we wont get any real reward from our recruiting until the players have gained experience shown they are up to AFL standard and    proven themselves.

you want to keep on topic. this will be mst likely the forward structure  well the structure i would like to see.

hf/      flank rotate thru mid/ cotchin all class we need to develop him in a similar vein to what geelong did with ablett has not established himself yet.. chf riewoldt is slowly getting there  looks to be a player but he has not established himself yet.
flank/ nahas pacy very small good defensive pressure player lacks polish for his type imo we can and must do better down the track.has not established himself yet.

f/     pocket vickery rotate ruck.very raw player and way under sized but we need to get games into him. not established yet.  ff  imo will be polak even though i dont rate him.  we need at least one experienced tall in the front half. if not polak i would give dave gourdis a go at ff if he shows hes ready in the preseason clearly he has not established himself yet.
pocket/ morton still have doubts about him but has done enough to warrant selection  i suppose you could call him an established player.

other genuine  forwards on the list who i hope get a game or two but you know will have minimal impact for obvious reasons.
 astbury still skinny a sort of hit up chf  talls take time and he will be no exception.
gilligan rookie list player cant see him being promoted.
nason same as  gilligan.
post i believe he will play back but no matter where he plays just how much impact do we expect from him. will do well to play 15 games.
connors has skill but so far has not shown the right attitude.
griffiths hopefully will get some games at app 198cm and 100kg he is right to go size wise but is he in maturity.
taylor will he even be on the list people really must now start to question his  attitude.
westhoff very skinny rookie wont be promoted.
none of these players are established in fact nearly all are in early development where you dont expect a lot of impact. it would be crazy and unfair on these players to expect significant impact  on the first 22.

the idea is to get games into them and forget about what impact they make for now. in growing the list and getting the young players experience we will struggle in the forward line for a few yrs yet.

this is not negative its plain old common sense and taking things the way they are.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2010, 03:03:53 AM by one-eyed »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2010, 03:09:56 AM »
Snip......

Discuss and agree/disagree all you like but let's leave out the personal crap and slanging matches ppl!

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2010, 09:32:33 AM »

taylor will he even be on the list people really must now start to question his  attitude.

While I tend to agree with most of what you posted Claw, why do you believe this to be the case about Taylor?  What's he done wrong so far?

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2010, 09:39:55 AM »

While I tend to agree with most of what you posted Claw, why do you believe this to be the case about Taylor?  What's he done wrong so far?
absolutely nothing, Claw just continuing his rant over here as he cant do it @ PRE anymore

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2010, 12:49:47 AM »
Our defence is exposed because of unaccountability and midfield pressure put on us as well as poor skill. Our forward line is substandard as the delivery is poor and the pressure on opposing backs running it out is non existent most of the time.

Midfield being more accountable and better skilled will help both ends of the ground.
Its all about pressure on the opposition and working harder than the opposition. Individually you may be talented but you still need to work to reap the rewards long term.