Author Topic: Newman on new men (Herald-Sun)  (Read 1124 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Newman on new men (Herald-Sun)
« on: January 14, 2010, 03:27:37 AM »
I couldn't find this on the web so I typed it in.....

Newman on new men
By Sam Edmund
Thurs 14 Jan 2010, Page 80

RICHMOND skipper Chris Newman says he and his teammates are thriving in the wake of the unprecedented change that has swept through Punt Rd.

The Tigers, who overhauled their coaching staff under new coach Damien Hardwick, signed 14 new players in the off-season in a massive list cleanout.

Only two clubs -- Carlton and Brisbane Lions -- have added more talent in one off-season in the past 23 years.

"It's very refreshing to have these new faces around the club and they've all come with new ideas,'' Newman said.

"We've obviously had a total overhaul of our structures and gameplan and it's really exciting to learn what we're going to be about in the future.''

Newman, who arrived at Richmond in 2000 via the Dandenong Stingrays, said the influx had added a new element to the club.

"I think and probably the first time that I've been at the club where so many blokes have walked through the door,'' he said.

"It's very young. All the guys we've drafted and brought into the system are of good character so I think we've drafted really good and those guys are really keen to learn.

"When they're like that when they walk through the door it makes it a lot easier.''

Newman said Hardwick had already made his mark on the playing group in just his few months in charge.

"He's very calculated in his approach to the game and in the way he deals with the group and the boys have really taken a liking to him and we're keen to move forward with him,'' he said.

"He's got a really good balance between being a coach and being a mate. He's definitely one of those guys you can relate to and obviously with him playing as many games as he did and being a premiership player, the amount of experience and knowledge he brings has really shined through.''

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Newman on new men (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 04:37:32 AM »
After a quiet off season we are suddenly getting a few articles in the press. Perhaps a little worried about the membership numbers..

Thanks for posting it Cyclops.

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 11:23:01 AM »
I heard Newman say"we have a structure in place" on the 3aw interview.

If I hear that word structure again,I'll spew.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 07:23:06 PM »
Better than Frawley always going on about 'respect'. Made me cringe every time.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

the claw

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 08:55:50 PM »

yep how many big bodied talls do we have or big bodies full stop. sheesh how many established talls do we have.

and what is the carry on about all the young men are of good character geez chris troy taylor. ah spin its all we get fed.

Tigermonk

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 04:43:56 PM »
Natraul for the captain of any club to talk about the players & the club whats the big deal about that
Dont see Carlton supporters bagging Judd for doing the same, Must be a Richmond thing

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2010, 01:08:57 AM »

Better than Frawley always going on about 'respect'. Made me cringe every time.

Or Wallace talking about processes in place. :banghead

There is nothing natural about these articles. Players tow a company line and the public gets its appetite fulfilled on these stories. Nothing incriminating. At least its not outlandish and full of hot wind. We know our place and we are behaving according to this.