Author Topic: Teams for Round 1  (Read 6131 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Teams for Round 1
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2010, 02:49:14 PM »
Edwards role tonight, run and carry through the corridor. ;)

Yeah without being caught or turning the ball over :whistle............ oh well thats the end of that.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2010, 02:53:41 PM »
I must admit the 1 game I saw against Geelong he was quite good at it. Albeit 1 practice game and all  ???

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2010, 03:18:17 PM »
I must admit the 1 game I saw against Geelong he was quite good at it. Albeit 1 practice game and all  ???

I hope he can carry that into tonights game.

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2010, 03:32:10 PM »
So,let me get this straight, we have to cover a resting ruckman whose 200cm, plus two more forwards of 199cm and 196cm respectively, with Thursfield (192cm and a beanpole) McGuane (192cm and a stick insect) and Moore(190cm).
Meanwhile up forward, we have one tall marking option and basically five crumbers. :help

So your solution?

My solution? Structure up the side properly. We can't afford to play three undersized key defenders on giants.Instead of Moore,bring in say Post,or Rance. Why isn't Post even in the squad? If Carlton are going to have a resting ruckman at full-forward,then bring in Browne or Graham to sit in the hole and block off his supply. With the height mis-matches we have down back tomorrow on a dry night, this has the potential to get really ugly again.
Up forward, well we'll see how they set up. I'm hoping that Vickery starts on the ground, and spends a lot of time up forward.  I can't see Jack and five crumbers working. I would have liked a third tall marking option. I was at training today, and Astbury did the full session. I was disappointed he didn't make the cut. But if not him, then even Polak just as a decoy tall as mooted. Isn't that why he was added off the rookie list ahead of Gourdis? (who also could've helped our key defensive structure).
The bottom line is, they are obviously trying to beat Carlton for pace. I hope it works, and I'll happily take the flak if it does. But I think they are taking a HUGE risk by going in with such a small team, when there were other options available.      

100% agree RR, I am also not sure why the hell we would elevate Polak and then NOT select him in round one. If we are not selecting Polak for round one why didn't we wait on the second Rookie elevation until someone else can put their hand up.. ???

Completly agree WAT.

Is there a rule where we had to nominate a rookie?

Woudl have liked to have seen Tuck up fwd. Maybe Coburg can play him out of the square. Who knows his defensive side and passing skills are problems.. I think he'd be alright at the top of the square
Go Tigers!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2010, 01:24:15 AM »
So,let me get this straight, we have to cover a resting ruckman whose 200cm, plus two more forwards of 199cm and 196cm respectively, with Thursfield (192cm and a beanpole) McGuane (192cm and a stick insect) and Moore(190cm).
Meanwhile up forward, we have one tall marking option and basically five crumbers. :help
So your solution?

My solution? Structure up the side properly. We can't afford to play three undersized key defenders on giants.Instead of Moore,bring in say Post,or Rance. Why isn't Post even in the squad? If Carlton are going to have a resting ruckman at full-forward,then bring in Browne or Graham to sit in the hole and block off his supply. With the height mis-matches we have down back tomorrow on a dry night, this has the potential to get really ugly again.
Up forward, well we'll see how they set up. I'm hoping that Vickery starts on the ground, and spends a lot of time up forward.  I can't see Jack and five crumbers working. I would have liked a third tall marking option. I was at training today, and Astbury did the full session. I was disappointed he didn't make the cut. But if not him, then even Polak just as a decoy tall as mooted. Isn't that why he was added off the rookie list ahead of Gourdis? (who also could've helped our key defensive structure).
The bottom line is, they are obviously trying to beat Carlton for pace. I hope it works, and I'll happily take the flak if it does. But I think they are taking a HUGE risk by going in with such a small team, when there were other options available.      

Agree RR. We paid massively for going far too short. Left us with no options to change things up in the ruck, down back or up forward.

Not sure what we can do about it short-term in the backline as the form and ability of our key defenders especially McGuane and Moore is retreating at a rate of knots and we have no better replacements in the wings.

Up forward we just lacked another tall marking option at least. Too easily for the opposition to close down Jack and Morts. Carlton played a loose man in defence and killed us. Having Hislop as a hit up key forward makes no sense at all. Being so small up forward proved a pointless strategy as our small forwards hardly took a mark nicking into space inside 50 or got a crumb all night. Too many times we had everyone up and no one down. Nahas has to remember his days at Port and the fundamental rule of being front and square. He's got bad case of second year blues so far this year.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2010, 01:03:17 AM »

Yeah without being caught or turning the ball over :whistle............ oh well thats the end of that.

So.............. ::)

"Rucks:

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2010, 07:31:23 AM »

DIdn't turn it over as much as some others.

He plays next week.

Newman is the one that is somehow avoiding an absolute bake around here.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2010, 08:06:16 AM »

He plays next week.

He is? I think it's been universally agreed that he played terrible

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2010, 08:16:15 AM »

He plays next week.

Well compared to the script that is berating Edwards every second post it appears so.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2010, 12:31:13 PM »

He plays next week.

Well compared to the script that is berating Edwards every second post it appears so.

We all know what Newman is capable of doing when he has decent players around him, supporting him. We actually have no clue as to Edwards capabilities because he has never, never, never shown anything!!! Sorry maybe once.. ::)

"Rucks:

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2010, 08:35:22 AM »
Newman is the Captain of an AFL Club, yet he needs good players around him to show his worth? What ever happened to a leader leading by example? Surely if any player in the side should be capable of standing up and shining as a lone hand it is the Captain?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI