Author Topic: Round 1: Richmond Vs Carlton  (Read 17061 times)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Carlton Vs Richmond
« Reply #45 on: February 24, 2010, 11:08:25 PM »
Carlton forward line is an abortion. if we cannot beat these wackos i will cry

How good is our defence?

Weakened or not Carlton will start favourites.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2010, 07:57:08 AM »

Weakened or not Carlton will start favourites.

Good.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2010, 08:34:23 PM »
Our task will be to contain Carlton's small forwards and half-forwards because once again today they were the only avenue to goal for the Blues. 14 goals but only 3 of them kicked by talls. SEN had Carlton fans at half-time wanting Ratten sacked by the Blues were crabbing around the boundary line.

Goals: E Betts 3 M Robinson 2 C Yarran 2 L Henderson 2 A Carrazzo S O'hAilpin H Scotland K Simpson C Judd

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/brendan-fevola-kicks-two-but-lions-lose/story-e6frf9jf-1225834901738
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2010, 04:07:10 AM »
Carlton set to go into round one with six changes

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/carlton-set-to-go-into-round-one-with-six-changes-20100308-psxw.html

Jake Niall's forgotten Waite and Jamison played round 1 last year while Nick Stevens didn't.

http://www.stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/games/2009/031420090326.html

In: McLean, Warnock, Henderson, Yarran and O'hAilpin

Out: Fevola, Judd, C.Cloke, ?, ?

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Membership and Ticketing: Round 1 (RFC site)
« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2010, 02:01:17 PM »
Membership and Ticketing: Round 1
richmondfc.com.au
11:03 AM Tue 09 March, 2010

For members wishing to receive their membership prior to Round 1, please note the below Key Dates.

*All memberships purchased up until 5pm Thursday 18th March will receive their full membership package in the mail prior to Round 1.

*Members who purchase their membership after 18th March and up until 11am Wednesday 24th March will have their membership card only available for collection at Gate 3.

*All memberships purchased after 11am Wednesday will need to collect a ticket from the Collections Marquee at Gate 3.  (Access Members Please note: General Admission tickets will not be available for pick up should the game be announced a sell out and you will be required to upgrade your membership to a reserved seat to guarantee entry).

Important Ticket Information

Please take note of the following ticketing information for our Round 1 clash against Carlton on Thursday 25th March at 7.10pm.

Tickets are currently on sale through Ticketek: 132 849, www.ticketek.com, or via any Ticketek agency.

The Richmond Football Club recommends to all our 2010 Richmond members who do not have a season reserved seat to upgrade their membership and ensure themselves a prime seat to farewell Tiger Champion Matthew Richardson. Should the match be announced a sell out, Access (GA) members will be refused entry to the MCG.

There are two options to guarantee you entry into the match:
•     Upgrade to a season reserved seat by calling 1300 RICHMOND (742 466)
•     Upgrade your membership to a single reserve seat for our clash against Carlton, please contact Ticketek with your 12 digit barcode on hand which can be found on the back of your membership:

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/90328/default.aspx

Offline rufio_1991

• Jack Dyer medallist
Re: Round 1: Richmond Vs Carlton
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2010, 03:41:29 PM »
I'm only a 17 games GA member of richmond, so does that mean i cant get in?

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2010, 03:51:19 PM »
I'm only a 17 games GA member of richmond, so does that mean i cant get in?

Nope, you will be fine.

Just go to the gate and scan the barcode on your membership card and you'll be in.  :thumbsup

They are just saying it in case the game sells out before the night, as you will then not be able to get entry, but in my opinion it definitely will not sell out this year.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2010, 04:46:37 PM »
This is the Carlton squad for their last practice match. Take out Judd who is suspended for round 1 and a couple of fringe players it'll be pretty close to their would-be 22 for round 1.

1. Andrew Walker, 2. Jordan Russell, 3. Marc Murphy, 4. Bryce Gibbs, 5. Chris Judd, 6. Kade Simpson, 7. Brock McLean, 8. Matthew Kreuzer, 10. Richard Hadley, 11. Robert Warnock, 12. Mitch Robinson, 13. Chris Yarran, 15. Steven Browne, 16. Shaun Grigg, 17. Setanta O’hAilpin, 18. Paul Bower, 19. Eddie Betts, 23. Lachie Henderson, 26. Joe Anderson, 29. Heath Scotland, 30. Jarrad Waite, 31. Marcus Davies, 32. Bret Thornton, 33. Ryan Houlihan, 34. Simon Wiggins, 39. Sam Jacobs, 40. Michael Jamison, 44. Andrew Carrazzo, 45. Aaron Joseph.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/90394/default.aspx

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2010, 12:20:47 AM »
Carlton set to go into round one with six changes

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/carlton-set-to-go-into-round-one-with-six-changes-20100308-psxw.html

Jake Niall's forgotten Waite and Jamison played round 1 last year while Nick Stevens didn't.

http://www.stats.rleague.com/afl/stats/games/2009/031420090326.html

In: McLean, Warnock, Henderson, Yarran and O'hAilpin

Out: Fevola, Judd, C.Cloke, ?, ?

Wow and what about our changes??????
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2010, 11:59:06 PM »
Carlton have lost their last NAB Challenge game to the Crows by a point to end a not so fruitful pre season with a solitary win over the Lions.

Of the talls O'Halpin kicked 3 and Waite kicked 1.
Here's to that struggle continuing against us come round 1.

Scum 11 16 82  Crows 12 11 83

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2010, 02:21:22 PM »
Carlton have lost their last NAB Challenge game to the Crows by a point to end a not so fruitful pre season with a solitary win over the Lions.

Of the talls O'Halpin kicked 3 and Waite kicked 1.
Here's to that struggle continuing against us come round 1.

Scum 11 16 82  Crows 12 11 83
Good luck to them relying on Sentanta being their main key forward. He's very good at kicking behinds :lol.

All through the preseason the Blues have had to rely on their small forwards and mids pushing forward to kick goals. If we turn up to play this time around and not get stagefright  ::) we'll be in with a definite show. Up to us to apply enough pressure across the whole ground.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2010, 07:11:12 PM »
While I am not feeling too confident at all about the season I think we are a real chance for this first game.

Should come down to two young midfields against each other. Can't wait to see how Lids, Cotch and Martin go against Murphy and Gibbs.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2010, 07:49:29 PM »
While I am not feeling too confident at all about the season I think we are a real chance for this first game.

Should come down to two young midfields against each other. Can't wait to see how Lids, Cotch and Martin go against Murphy and Gibbs.
Yep Carlton are ripe for the taking. It's whether our young side can have a night out to exploit it. For our sake I hope we've got a bad couple of weeks out of the way and a good one is due next Thursday night week.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2010, 08:05:41 PM »

Yep Carlton are ripe for the taking. It's whether our young side can have a night out to exploit it. For our sake I hope we've got a bad couple of weeks out of the way and a good one is due next Thursday night week.

Dont think Carlton think so,
Seen Robert Harvey walk out and not return 5 mins in the 3rd quarter

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2010, 08:19:24 PM »

I think we are too even if I don't expect to win.

I don't read too much into today's game at all.
Hardwick is still getting to know players strengths and weaknesses and solidifying game plans.
It is VERY early days people.