Author Topic: Tiger talls set to forge power forward line (Age)  (Read 10217 times)

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Tiger talls set to forge power forward line (Age)
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2010, 04:33:55 PM »
I am full of highly intelligent things about footy, ;)

Proven by this highly intelligent comment

Polo is mature rookie who needs to elevated  to play,who cant kick either

Ummm, no

POLAK, sorry

Ummm, no

Spelling error you CLOWN,. you knew I meant POLAK.
Cant do ten things on the computer at once.
Am trying to lay bets on Betfair, take quaddies with Tab Vic and post on OER , Facebook, read Herald sun Online at the same time, its a bit hard

Had to quote and respond to me twice did you?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2010, 04:34:38 PM »
Are you married to Polo's mother or what WP... ;D ;D :D :D... joking, joking, joking before I am attacked again.. ;). Tuck might be 2cm taller but he is bigger in the body, leaps higher and is a smarter player than Polo IMO. I would much rather see Tuck in the forward line than Polo, but hey if Polo works for us in the forward lind then great and great for him.

I know you are joking but trust me yesterday I didn't attack ya - you'd know if I did  ;D (that's a joke too OK?)

I actually like Tucky as a forward but as I said defensively (and that seems to the be the area of his game that they are working on) he lacks that extra bit of pressure that say a Nahas or a Hislop brings to the contest.

From the 1 training session that I saw (when they did the match stimulation side of things) Polo brings that pressure to the contest.

As for Tuck being smarter - I actually think that is one of Tucky's biggest weaknesses in that he isn't a smart footballer under pressure, he just throws it on his boot and hopes for the best
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

jackstar is back again

« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2010, 04:34:54 PM »
Bojangles, I just stir a few up on here. :lol

Would think from my past dealings at punt road that Tucky would be a certainity to line up inside F 50. ;)
I seem to recall you once stating that you played a part in his recruitment :)

Its no secret I worked there for 4 years, whats your problem
And its was recruiting and opposition analysis.

So Jack your'e partly to blame for the position our list is in now?  :rollin

So whats your problem,
Give Polo the tick, didnt rate Patterson. Did that tapes , so what ??

jackstar is back again

« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2010, 04:37:20 PM »

Ummm, no

POLAK, sorry

Ummm, no

Spelling error you CLOWN,. you knew I meant POLAK.
Cant do ten things on the computer at once.
Am trying to lay bets on Betfair, take quaddies with Tab Vic and post on OER , Facebook, read Herald sun Online at the same time, its a bit hard

Had to quote and respond to me twice did you?

Yep, as you give me the sshitts

jackstar is back again

« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2010, 04:38:14 PM »
Yep, as you give me the poos

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2010, 04:39:20 PM »
Yep, as you give me the poos
More like you're so full of it you can't hold it in anymore

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2010, 04:39:38 PM »
Are you married to Polo's mother or what WP... ;D ;D :D :D... joking, joking, joking before I am attacked again.. ;). Tuck might be 2cm taller but he is bigger in the body, leaps higher and is a smarter player than Polo IMO. I would much rather see Tuck in the forward line than Polo, but hey if Polo works for us in the forward lind then great and great for him.

I know you are joking but trust me yesterday I didn't attack ya - you'd know if I did  ;D (that's a joke too OK?)

I actually like Tucky as a forward but as I said defensively (and that seems to the be the area of his game that they are working on) he lacks that extra bit of pressure that say a Nahas or a Hislop brings to the contest.

From the 1 training session that I saw (when they did the match stimulation side of things) Polo brings that pressure to the contest.

As for Tuck being smarter - I actually think that is one of Tucky's biggest weaknesses in that he isn't a smart footballer under pressure, he just throws it on his boot and hopes for the best

He might just throw it on the boot sometimes but he gets it, Polo gets it given to him,wasn't Tuck our biggest possession getter from clearances last year??
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline Jacosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • No bish fish, the moon wasnt right.
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2010, 04:48:36 PM »
Bojangles, I just stir a few up on here. :lol

Would think from my past dealings at punt road that Tucky would be a certainity to line up inside F 50. ;)
I seem to recall you once stating that you played a part in his recruitment :)

Its no secret I worked there for 4 years, whats your problem
And its was recruiting and opposition analysis.

So Jack your'e partly to blame for the position our list is in now?  :rollin

So whats your problem,
Give Polo the tick, didnt rate Patterson. Did that tapes , so what ??

Hook, Line and Sinker. Damn fishing is easier here than in the bay. I better try here a bit more.

Nahh just asking the question Jack, You seem to bag so many of our players even before then season starts and we get a chance to see how they are going. If you were involved in recuitment and you knew they were that bad why were they picked in the first place?  Either you werent as influential as you would like us to believe or your crystal ball is a flawed as the rest of ours in which case cant you at least give the kids time before you get stuck into them.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2010, 04:56:48 PM »
Problem was 4  years ago there were people making decisions who had little idea.
eg, why would you sign Schulz up on a 3 year contract etc etc.
Wallace had the last say in ALL recruiting, end of story.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2010, 05:03:53 PM »
He might just throw it on the boot sometimes but he gets it, Polo gets it given to him,wasn't Tuck our biggest possession getter from clearances last year??

"Polo get's it given to him"   ???

I think I should send you some DVDs of some games from the last 2 seasons that would show just how many "hard ball gets" Polo actually gets and many off loads he has. Also, a DVD of the draw from 2009 against North will highlight what I am talking about with Tucky  ;D

And as I've said many times - it aint always about how many times you get it but what you do with it.

You have 10 clearances but they all or 90% go straight to the opposition or result in turnovers, they don't mean very much at all.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

jackstar is back again

« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2010, 05:14:49 PM »

"Polo get's it given to him"   ???

I think I should send you some DVDs of some games from the last 2 seasons that would show just how many "hard ball gets" Polo actually gets and many off loads he has. Also, a DVD of the draw from 2009 against North will highlight what I am talking about with Tucky  ;D

And as I've said many times - it aint always about how many times you get it but what you do with it.

You have 10 clearances but they all or 90% go straight to the opposition or result in turnovers, they don't mean very much at all.

Polo has got what it takes.
Good listener. I remember is first game when he won best afield in the dreamtime game..
His time at Gippsland in the TAC proved the kid had what it takes. :thumbsup
The problem is getting a coach that can coach and improve and develop players.
Something that has been sadly lacking at punt road over the past 5 years.
With Tuck, its a no brainer that he plays inside F 50.
Will be interesting to see what happens this year with Tucky

Ramps

« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2010, 05:36:34 PM »
if we are hopin for tucky and polo to lead us to the promised land we'll be waiting longer than what the Melbourne Victory will have to wait for before any of there fraudulent championships are recognised by FIFA. We (Richmond) and the scum (Victory) will be waiting decades  ;D

Offline The Glove

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2010, 06:46:14 PM »
Tuck might be 2cm taller but he is bigger in the body, leaps higher and is a smarter player than Polo IMO. I would much rather see Tuck in the forward line than Polo, but hey if Polo works for us in the forward lind then great and great for him.

Sorry WAT but that would have to be closest to the silliest thing posted on here.  If footy were the three cups and a ball trick, Tucky would be the perplexed customer and Polo the smooth con man.  When they play footy Polo knows exactly what's going on around him and thinks two steps ahead.  Tuck is lucky they let him play without a safety helmet.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2010, 07:06:02 PM »
Trent Cotchin, who has had two consecutive interrupted pre-seasons and played only 10 games last year, ran out three quarters yesterday, silencing any suggestions that his football career was over.

WTF ??

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2010, 08:56:59 PM »
Tuck might be 2cm taller but he is bigger in the body, leaps higher and is a smarter player than Polo IMO. I would much rather see Tuck in the forward line than Polo, but hey if Polo works for us in the forward lind then great and great for him.

Sorry WAT but that would have to be closest to the silliest thing posted on here.  If footy were the three cups and a ball trick, Tucky would be the perplexed customer and Polo the smooth con man.  When they play footy Polo knows exactly what's going on around him and thinks two steps ahead.  Tuck is lucky they let him play without a safety helmet.

If my post was the "silliest" yours must be a very close runner up, IMO, please go and read some other posts on the forum I think you will find there are posts out there a little bit more special than mine.. :wallywink. Polo knows whats going on does he, please go around to WP's (William Polo... :lol) house and watch some footage of Polo like I have been doing here, he gets caught a hell of a lot and I have recently watched the Freo game and he turned the ball over a lot in that game. Tuck on the other hand..... well I have said what I have said about him.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"