Author Topic: Hardwick on Fox Sports News tonight at 9pm  (Read 2792 times)

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Hardwick on Fox Sports News tonight at 9pm
« on: February 09, 2010, 05:40:55 PM »
According to 'Coughlan' on BF Dimma will be doing an interview on Fox Sports News at 9pm tonight.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=16840994&postcount=1

For those with Foxtel could they give us a run down of what Hardwick says  :)

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Hardwick on Fox Sports News tonight at 9pm
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 09:06:45 PM »
It is a "2 parter" with first parter tonight and the next bit tomorrow. It's part of the 9pm news show on 513. Not sure when it actually starts.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 09:22:53 PM »
It's coming up later in the program = sometime before 10.00pm  ;D :-\

Just showed a really brief "snippet" and it doesn't seem like it's going to be anything new. He spoke about his perception of the Tigers before he got there. Like his KB interview & Q&A on the RFC web-site ..."Offensively very good, defensively very inconsistent....."
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 09:53:53 PM »
Well they kept us waiting for over 40 minutes, but finally it came on.
Dimma praised Newman as a captain, and joked he wished we had 4 of him. When asked about his low-key approach to media, he said that any time spent spruiking the club kept him away from developing the players and implementing the game plan.
Of the game plan he said he'd keep it simple, although he cited St. Kilda defensively as a role model.
When asked if his own legendary ruthlessness as a player would rub off, he just said each bloke has to understand that when it's his time to go, he has to go.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 09:57:00 PM »
*same old about being inconsistent and poor defensively
*talked up Newman as a leader
*did make the comment that hawks of 2004 was eerily similar to what hardwick faced walking into punt rd
*feels he can bring that experience to tigerland-seen it before, knows where we need to go and how we will get there
*same comment about getting all bar one recruited targeted in draft
*kicking has been addressed in November draft. Will seek to improve the playing groups decision making. Has seen decision making as an issue over summer
*reinforced that game plan should be simple, hallmark of many great sides-lions,bombers and cats as examples in the past 10 years
*intimated that they will take learnings from the saints defence orientated game plan
*go when it is your turn to go, he said that inspires confidence from your teammates- I'm not sure how Jordy feels about that!
*said the same crap about not doing media as it will take focus off the playing group although cryptically he said we have a simple game plan but one that requires a lot of thinking
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 09:59:52 PM »
Part 2 is on tomorrow.

* Exciting to bring in 14 new players, along with new coaches and 6 (I think he said 6) new fulltime staff inot the footy dept.

* The coaches he has bought to the club come from successful cultures

* Was asked about the difference between Wallace (the spruiker) and him (low profile). Reiterated that with such a young list his focus has been on being with the players. Understands that over time he will need to increase his profile. But made the point untimately their job is to win games of footy

* Agreed there was a simliarity between the Tigers this year and the state of Hawthorn when he arrived with Clarkson.

* they are very happy with who they drafted. Only missed out on 1 they wanted

* Was asked the Tigers skill & decision making problems. Answered that he believed that once they get to AFL level hard ot correcting kciking but you can correct decision making. Hence why in the 2009 draft we focused on kids who can kick

* was asked about game plans - said that somtimes the simplest of game plans are often the best - just look at the Lions when they won 3 in a row

* Said we would be far better team if we had 4 or 5 Chris Newmans  ;D

that's all I can remember for now

It was mainly the same stuff we've heard over the last couple of weeks

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 10:19:03 PM »
I only caught the last of it and everyones covered it off, I will try to recod tomorrow nights and report on anything different.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2010, 10:53:32 PM »
Cheers RR, Y&B and WP for the summaries  :cheers

I don't mind us learning from St Kilda's defensive team discipline but I hope we never play that dull grinding low-scoring crap Lyon learnt off Roos. Geelong on the other hand gets the balance between attack and defence right.

I agree simple gamestyles are the best. Tommy Hafey has been saying that for years as the simpler the gamestyle the more likely it will stand up in finals. Mind you when your the best and most skillful side like Geelong you make footy look simple whereas rubbish sides like us make everything seem difficult and confusing  :P.

Wise man is Dimma ;D. Music to your ears WP :rollin.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2010, 11:00:50 PM »
Dimma (why do we call him that.... :-[) has been very very consistent withe every interview so far, he has not deviated at all from where we are going as a club... 8)

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline taztiger4

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shovelheads - Keeping hipsters off Harley's
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2010, 11:10:45 PM »
Dimma (why do we call him that.... :-[) has been very very consistent withe every interview so far, he has not deviated at all from where we are going as a club... 8)

possibly because that has been his nickname for years

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2010, 11:15:55 PM »

possibly because that has been his nickname for years

Ok so why please, I know he has been called that for years but why??

"Rucks:

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2010, 11:51:34 PM »
http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/video/0,,AFL%20News_25718,00.html

here is the link, thanks to "Ah Cheung" on Big Footy!

:)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2010, 07:20:31 AM »
Wise man is Dimma ;D. Music to your ears WP :rollin.

Fortunately I wasn't eating at the time ...so I couldn't choke  :thumbsup ;D

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2010, 08:11:01 AM »
[quote

I don't mind us learning from St Kilda's defensive team discipline but I hope we never play that dull grinding low-scoring crap Lyon learnt off Roos.
[/quote]

Amen to that MT! It'd be like being stuck in an eternal Groundhog Day, where every day was like that suffocating win we had over Adelaide.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2010, 08:27:47 AM »
I expect we see some low scoring defensive games as Hardwick puts an emphasis on defence early on. Both St Kilda and Hawthorne  went down that path and once the defensive side of their game was entrenched started to become a little more offensive. Who could forget that game between these two that was as close to a nil all draw as you will ever get in dry conditions for AFL  :sleep
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI