Author Topic: Thomson knocked out cold  (Read 3005 times)

Hellenic Tiger

Re: Thomson knocked out cold
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2010, 12:15:42 PM »
5 mins in the first quarter Thompson on the lead about 70 out on the left half forward flank dropped a sitter that fell out of his hands and trickled across the boundary line. Although he tried to rectify this he was unable to do so and ultimately his night got worse. It is these players of the ilk of Thompson White Hislop King who have poor skills and decision making that ruin us. They give their all but aren't upto standard in our side.

For example Steven Baker at St Kilda can be selected week in week out as they have a highly skilled side that is efficient and proficient. We lack in these areas and hence these players stick out like a sore thumb in our sides. Play one of the aforementioned four at St Kilda where they can afford to play them and their negative aggression helps free up one of their stars by helping to shake a tag or tag one of their stars.

A player with skill that gets 20 touches at 95% efficiency is more productive than a bloke who gets the ball 30 times at 60% efficiency and kicks 1.2 a few out on the full and a few out of bounds.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2010, 01:55:27 PM »
Thought the kid was dead tbh

dont worry, crossed my mind also, he was deadset lifeless, just limp...so that was a knee to the head...NO FREE kick...but more importantly the umpires were red hot on making sure we were 5m clear of the kicker, I mean shane edwards would have had to deviate his course like a slalem skier to avoid that infringement...Good to know these knobs have their priorities right when it comes to rule changes :banghead
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2010, 02:49:21 PM »
I'd put my life savings that daniel161 would NEVER in 100 lives would back back into to a 100kg ruckman leading out onto a vacant wing for a mark.

Showed a bit of dick when nothing is on the line and we're 100 points down.

It's February... We don't have polished Chris Judds running around these guys arent exactly going to be setting brownlow votes alight...

well we dont know if he will or wont

the question here is not the the courage of thomson, but whetehr he can play or not

thomson and hislop ar eboth crap and chuck white in that mix

Kellaway had courage but could he play some say yes some say no.

You need to face facts pal Thompson and Hislop are rubbish. They should never have been drafted by your pals in the first place.

White well stuff knows what he is good for but those other 2 i put in the same bracket as Mclovin in my book.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Jacosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • No bish fish, the moon wasnt right.
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2010, 05:15:36 PM »
Tell me one thing Daniel. Is there a player you like at Richmond?
All i ever read from you you is eff this guy eff that guy (getting very tiresome), do you ever see any positives? Ok Hislop missed some gettable goals but at least he was putting himself out there and getting the ball. Edwards made some mistakes in the backline (he wasnt the only one) but in the last quater when he was allowed to run he had a blinder through the centre of the gound to spot up a team mate.  Thompson put his boby on the line time and time again to get the hard ball and try and feed it out to a team mate.
Im no expert and i dont know if any of these players willmake it or not but being a RFC SUPPORTER i will suport them all i can while they are there.
All in all RFC were out skilled and outgunned by a far better team on the night, did anyone really expect anything other than that?

Dont go giving me your "listen pal" speach cause quite frankly im over you and your "pals" that dont see anything good with our once proud club. If you dont like it pee off and go bag a different team.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2010, 06:01:50 PM »
All i ever read from you you is eff this guy eff that guy (getting very tiresome), do you ever see any positives? Ok Hislop missed some gettable goals but at least he was putting himself out there and getting the ball. Edwards made some mistakes in the backline (he wasnt the only one) but in the last quater when he was allowed to run he had a blinder through the centre of the gound to spot up a team mate.  Thompson put his boby on the line time and time again to get the hard ball and try and feed it out to a team mate.
Im no expert and i dont know if any of these players willmake it or not but being a RFC SUPPORTER i will suport them all i can while they are there.
All in all RFC were out skilled and outgunned by a far better team on the night, did anyone really expect anything other than that?

Dont go giving me your "listen pal" speach cause quite frankly im over you and your "pals" that dont see anything good with our once proud club. If you dont like it pee off and go bag a different team.

maybe if you read my post pal instead of writing 11 lines of whinging utter garbage, you might find that i have listed my thoughts on who played well but because i see you lack the mental ability to read ill help you out a bit more.

Who played well.

Martin-Best game ive seen a first gamer play at Punt Road
Astbury
Nahas ok
Lids
Gourdis
Vickery
Farmer-Looked tough at it not like his weak mates

The rest of the senior players were pathetic including Tambling(LMAO at our sh.ite he is... Trade), Edwards see Tambling, Thomson, Hislop, Graham, Newman aka Sugar.

Ill reserve judgement on Polak till he has played a few games but doesnt look good.

is that okay with you pal or you still having a tear you p.-ussy

one last thing i dont care for last nights result, i expected an 100 point loss, so ill take that.

IMO it was a massive positive that we may have actually got our recruiting right for once so a NAB Cup game matters little really.

the claw

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2010, 06:13:13 PM »
the reality is he is in his 6th afl season.  hes supposed to be an inside ball winning mid who gets it out to the outside players.
he doesnt get the ball enough has ordinary skills  and is likely to be delisted  at yrs end.

jackstar is back again

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2010, 06:15:22 PM »
the reality is he is in his 6th afl season.  hes supposed to be an inside ball winning mid who gets it out to the outside players.
he doesnt get the ball enough has ordinary skills  and is likely to be delisted  at yrs end.

Correct once again

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2010, 06:24:24 PM »
who kicked it to him ???

forget but it was a shocking kick
Xavier Ellis. He was kicking to Lisle and Thomson ran back with the flight in front of him.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline Jacosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • No bish fish, the moon wasnt right.
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2010, 06:43:06 PM »

maybe if you read my post pal instead of writing 11 lines of whinging utter garbage, you might find that i have listed my thoughts on who played well but because i see you lack the mental ability to read ill help you out a bit more.

Who played well.

Astbury
Nahas ok
Lids
Gourdis
Vickery

The rest of the senior players were pathetic including Tambling(LMAO at our sh.ite he is... Trade), Edwards see Tambling, Thomson, Hislop, Graham, Newman aka Sugar.

Ill reserve judgement on Polak till he has played a few games but doesnt look good.

one last thing i dont care for last nights result, i expected an 100 point loss, so ill take that.

IMO it was a massive positive that we may have actually got our recruiting right for once so a NAB Cup game matters little really.

First of, i am NOT your pal as you like to state. As for being a teary eyed pussy, PM me ill give you my address but i wont be waiting as i couldnt imagine you turning up.
Next, tell me where in your post directly above mine did you have one positive thing to say  about any player, not something you may have posted elsewhere. :wallywink

Offline Darth Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Dimmasty RFC!
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2010, 06:55:00 PM »
Clearly sacrificial acts aren't the problem for Thommo, it his ability to get his hands on the pil and use it by foot which requires consistency.

Sets a standard early for Dimma, to ram the "when its your turn to go" message.

Would rather have Thommo getting a game than some squibs running the flanks.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2010, 07:01:04 PM »

Who played well.

Astbury
Nahas ok
Lids
Gourdis
Vickery

First of, i am NOT your pal as you like to state. As for being a teary eyed pussy, PM me ill give you my address but i wont be waiting as i couldnt imagine you turning up.
Next, tell me where in your post directly above mine did you have one positive thing to say  about any player, not something you may have posted elsewhere. :wallywink

its your fault you dont have the brains to read posts before you comment. i know what i have said and thats that

Now if you will excuse me buddy i am off.

PM me ill give you my address. LLLMAOOO at that one. I have better things to do than drive to Broadmeadows or Collingwood Commission homes or wherever hole you come from, but thanks for the offer mick

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2010, 12:30:23 AM »
Thomson proved how useless a footballer he really is.

Glad he is okay but gee how crap is he seriously. Another great masterstroke by Cameron and Wallace.

Hislop see above.

i thought #36 for Hawthorn is a Dog!

i think the AFL should look at that!

pretect the head! even if a player is in the air!

:)

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2010, 06:03:59 AM »
C-grader

Scrutiny of Hislop & Thomson's recruitment just doesn't stand up.

These guys were on the fringe at their respective clubs and now they are on the fringe at ours!!

Why must we wallow in this sea of mediocrity. :(

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2010, 08:24:06 AM »
Thomson proved how useless a footballer he really is.

Glad he is okay but gee how crap is he seriously. Another great masterstroke by Cameron and Wallace.

Hislop see above.

i thought #36 for Hawthorn is a Dog!

i think the AFL should look at that!

pretect the head! even if a player is in the air!

:)

Geez why we don't just kill the game further.  :banghead :banghead

That Hawks player never took his eyes off the ball and had every right to do what he did.

That is play on, hopefully forever.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2010, 08:53:31 AM »
C-grader

Scrutiny of Hislop & Thomson's recruitment just doesn't stand up.

These guys were on the fringe at their respective clubs and now they are on the fringe at ours!!

Why must we wallow in this sea of mediocrity. :(

correct.

the only thing i will say is that they are all acts of our once esteemed leader in stuffwit Wallet.

Hardwick had no say in the recruitment of these duds.

I would take Gourdis and Astbury any day of the week ahead of these clowns. Those 2 should play Round 1