Author Topic: Cotchin re-signs ..... now official!!! [merged]  (Read 2960 times)

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
YAHOO!!! COTCH SIGNS!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2010, 05:14:15 PM »
YAHOO!!!  :clapping

Tigers re-sign classy cub

Rising Richmond star Trent Cotchin has signed a new, three-year extension deal with the Club that will bind him to Tigerland at least until the end of 2013.

Cotchin, who turns 20 in April, revealed the decision to remain a Tiger was a fairly easy one to make . . .

“I am very, very happy that I am going to stay here,” he said.

“One of the things you want to be as an AFL footballer is a one-club player. 

“Another factor for me, was seeing how much support the Club has outside, from members, as well as from people inside the Club . . . It’s just a good place to be.

“I was having dinner with a friend last night and was saying how you probably couldn’t find a bad person (at the Club).  You’d be happy to catch up with any of them outside the Club and hang out with them.  That’s not only the players, but the staff, whether it’s in administration, in development, or the coaches . . . They’re all good people and very easy to get along with.

“You can share a lot of thoughts with them and work through things together.  That’s the best thing about it - the togetherness.

“I’m really confident we’ve got the right people in place to eventually achieve sustained success, and that’s what we’re working towards at the moment.”

Cotchin was particularly pleased to set the record straight on rumors that he may have secretly signed a confidentiality agreement to join the new Gold Coast club in 2011.

“I was disappointed that some people would actually think that I would do that behind the Club’s back,” he said.

“No, my plan always, was to be with Richmond and stay with the Club . . . it was just a matter of time until I signed.

“We spoke about it, initially, before Christmas and agreed that we’d see how the start of the year panned out.  But then, obviously, a bit of pressure came with the media speculation, although it didn’t affect my decision, or the way we were going about it.

“In the end, we decided that it was the right time, and I’m very glad it’s happened.”

Cotchin, taken by the Tigers as the second selection overall in the 2007 National Draft, was hampered by an Achilles injury throughout his first couple of seasons in the AFL, and managed just 25 games.  But he has shown enough in that time to suggest he’s more than capable of developing into one of the competition’s elite midfielders.

The modified training regime he’s been on over the pre-season has him in good shape to tackle the 2010 season.

“The conditioning staff has been terrific in managing my program and making sure that I got through the pre-season unscathed,” Cotchin said.

“I’ve been running pretty well and I’m feeling pretty fit. So, I’m just looking forward to getting the next couple of games under my belt and then, hopefully, hitting Round 1 full of steam with the side and, hopefully, we can have some wins.”

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/tabid/6301/default.aspx?newsid=90150
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
Re: Cotchin to stick with Richmond (Age)
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2010, 05:15:02 PM »
Excellent news!!  :thumbsup

Now GC17 can focus on their second Tiger target, Jordan "Matchwinner" McMahon.  ;D

FNM

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2010, 05:27:11 PM »
Excellent news!!  :thumbsup

Now GC17 can focus on their second Tiger target, Jordan "Matchwinner" McMahon.  ;D
Careful or he'll get a three year extension lol  :help

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2010, 06:17:14 PM »
living in a Cotchin wonderland

:clapping :clapping

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Cotchin re-signs ..... now official!!! [merged]
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2010, 08:15:19 PM »
Thank Goodness for that. :)

Offline Jacosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • No bish fish, the moon wasnt right.
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2010, 09:03:11 PM »
Im not usually lost for words but on this occasion all i can say is read everyone elses comments above and.....

:woohoo :woohoo :woohoo :woohoo :woohoo :woohoo

:ROTFL GC

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2010, 09:39:28 PM »
Was never in doubt  ;) ;D

Know the quality of the person and in this case the rest just takes care of itself  :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2010, 10:47:51 PM »
Im not usually lost for words but on this occasion all i can say is read everyone elses comments above and.....

:woohoo :woohoo :woohoo :woohoo :woohoo :woohoo

:ROTFL GC

Ditto  :cheers  :woohoo
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2010, 11:17:18 PM »
i love Trent Cotchin!

:)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2010, 12:43:39 AM »
Good to see, great to see the club put this one to rest before the season starts.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
I signed, so should you: Cotchin (Age)
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2010, 02:49:05 AM »
I signed, so should you: Cotchin
JESSE HOGAN
March 4, 2010

IF YOU needed evidence as to the importance of Trent Cotchin to Richmond following the retirement of fan favourite Matthew Richardson, the Tigers provided it yesterday.

Within half an hour of the club confirming the 19-year-old had committed to spend the next four seasons there, Cotchin was the inspiration for a mass text message to supporters who had yet to renew their memberships.

''I am thrilled to have signed with the Tigers until 2013,'' Cotchin wrote. ''Now we need you to sign with us as well. Be part of this great club's transformation.'' Cotchin said the three-year contract extension - revealed in The Age yesterday - was inspired by his desire to be a ''one-club player'' and his appreciation of the camaraderie within the club.

''I was having dinner with a friend last night and was saying how you probably couldn't find a bad person [at the club]. You'd be happy to catch up with any of them outside the club and hang out with them. That's not only the players, but the staff, whether it's in administration, in development, or the coaches. They're all good people and very easy to get along with,'' the No. 2 draft pick of 2007 told Richmond's website.

''I'm really confident we've got the right people in place to eventually achieve sustained success, and that's what we're working towards at the moment.''

With his future settled until the end of 2013, Cotchin also expressed disdain about the rumours that he had secretly signed with Gold Coast late last year.

''I was disappointed that some people would actually think that I would do that behind the club's back," he said. ''My plan always was to be with Richmond and stay with the club … it was just a matter of time until I signed.''

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/i-signed-so-should-you-cotchin-20100303-pizt.html

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2010, 08:59:23 AM »
Cotch on SEN Thursday morning

Exciting period, new staff.

Disappointing that people thought he'd be a chance to go to GC17.

Hadn't spoken to any journo's or the GC17.

Manager probably spoke to GC17, but was shut down quickly.

Hardwicks game plan is well structured, working towards the same thing. New Punt Road development exciting. Got the right people in place.

First continual pre-season, body feels real good.

Exciting to have a win (Geelong) and when the game plan works it's pleasing.

Midfield has good depth, Cuzzy teaching things, Deledio proven himself over the last 2 years, super leader, Jackson, Foley fit in a month or so. Martin and a couple of other youngsters.

Martin is terrific, but all young guys have been great. Preparation is better nowadays, body size is better.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2010, 11:25:11 AM »
Great stuff wayne. Thanks for that  :cheers.

Fingers crossed Cotch is right about Axel. Blaisee said on here Foley will be back around about round 4.

Preparation is better nowadays, body size is better.
And thank goodness for that.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2010, 01:13:49 PM »
Awesome