Author Topic: Tuck  (Read 2000 times)

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
Re: Tuck
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2010, 11:05:51 AM »
Polo needs to learn how to reverse a bit so they face plant.
Lots of people name their swords......

jackstar is back again

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2010, 11:19:45 AM »
On Polo, I thought he played okay on Friday

TigerTimeII

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2010, 11:25:55 AM »
agree and polo will have a good yr this yr

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2010, 11:28:08 AM »
jackstar, who do you think will play in Round 1 out of these players?

Tuck, Polo, White, Collins, Rance, Polak, Gourdis, Taylor, Roberts and Connors?

jackstar is back again

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2010, 11:37:46 AM »

Tuck, Polo, Collins would be certain I would think.
Connors ?
Dont think they would play Taylor as he aint ready I wouldnt think.. He looks okay but he would get smashed

Would think Farmer and Martin would be the only 1st gamers . Like Farmer :thumbsup

If Browne plays okay next week, he could be a surprise as I think there is a plan to play a tall forward eg Vickery or Simmonds.
Therefore Polak wouldnt play.
Round 1 we will need to expose Carlton defence with height. , dont think Polak is the answer, rather play Vickery as a tall option with some rotation through Simmonds and Browne, although you cant play Browne down forward, he would need to be rotated through bench
Gus wouldnt play thats for certain, didnt touch the ball on Friday Night.
Rance NO
Gourdis, probably not as Thursfield ,Moore and McGaune would hold down back positions you would think

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2010, 11:58:13 AM »

Connors ?
Dont think they would play Taylor as he aint ready I wouldnt think.. He looks okay but he would get smashed

Would think Farmer and Martin would be the only 1st gamers . Like Farmer :thumbsup

If Browne plays okay next week, he could be a surprise as I think there is a plan to play a tall forward eg Vickery or Simmonds.
Round 1 we will need to expose Carlton defence with height. , dont think Polak is the answer, rather play Vickery as a tall option with some rotation through Simmonds and Browne, although you cant play Browne down forward, he would need to be rotated through bench
Rance NO
Gourdis, probably not as Thursfield ,Moore and McGaune would hold down back positions you would think

cool.

i have read some of your previous post jackstar, and although some people on here think, this and that of you.

i actually agree with A LOT of things you say.

you claim to of been at Richmond. (not for three years now?)

and i am not sure whether you are allowed to say what you did at Richmond, but i am interested to know.

i can only take what people say on here what they claim to know or have heard.

so, it is kind of good that some people can share information like that, but understand the "keep quiet rule".

Simmonds said on SEN, that he has been training as a Ruck and not a forward.

even though, he could still play in the forward line, Simmonds thinks he will not.

just interesting to read what you think.

personally i think we are fudged with Polak at full foward, because i believe he has no idea.

i guess that is why i am hoping/praying Griffiths gets fit quickly!

but i do agree with rotating Simmonds, Vickery as that tall full forward option.

i would rather throw Astbury at full foward then have Polak there!

i think Richmond have shot themselves in the foot saying they are going to promote Polak before Round 1!

:)

jackstar is back again

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2010, 12:01:25 PM »
Would agree with your post.
With Simmonds, it would be great if the club could spring a surprise and the opposition wouldnt have the match up worked out ;)

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2010, 12:05:59 PM »
Would agree with your post.
With Simmonds, it would be great if the club could spring a surprise and the opposition wouldnt have the match up worked out ;)

once again, i agree about the Simmonds surprise.

the claw

« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2010, 01:49:33 PM »
would be  almost certain that griffiths and astbury wont play rnd 1 because of injuries would like to see one in the team at all times rotating in and out.

this leaves just polak riewoldt and post to choose from. not one of them is a ff.post has been earmarked for the backline but circumstance may see him play fwd rnd 1.
to me i would be tempted to go with gourdis out of the square. i would be trying to clear it out a bit and give him the space to lead into no one is going to catch him on the lead and we dont have a leading type.

i would play post at chf and allow riewoldt to roam the forward line.

now bear with me i would play simmonds as first ruck only option really and MAYBE  look to play polak  in an around the ground rucking role. let simmonds take centre bounces etc. only trouble is carlton may go with 3 ruckmen. perhaps one of browne or vickery on the bench.

the good thing about this is the structure and flexability of the team. if the regular backs struggle moore mcguane  thursfield  one of the bigger sized boys in gourdis or post can go back. if need be polak can float back if or push forward.

one thing for sure carlton will field a tall side. bower jamison thornton possibly austin back. waite henderson possibly kruezer forward  warnock and hampson in ruck  it may be we will try and run em ragged but we need to cover for all contingencies.

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2010, 05:16:17 PM »

Connors ?

Rance NO

cool.

i have read some of your previous post jackstar, and although some people on here think, this and that of you.

i actually agree with A LOT of things you say.

you claim to of been at Richmond. (not for three years now?)

and i am not sure whether you are allowed to say what you did at Richmond, but i am interested to know.

i can only take what people say on here what they claim to know or have heard.

so, it is kind of good that some people can share information like that, but understand the "keep quiet rule".

Simmonds said on SEN, that he has been training as a Ruck and not a forward.

even though, he could still play in the forward line, Simmonds thinks he will not.

just interesting to read what you think.

personally i think we are fudged with Polak at full foward, because i believe he has no idea.

i guess that is why i am hoping/praying Griffiths gets fit quickly!

but i do agree with rotating Simmonds, Vickery as that tall full forward option.

i would rather throw Astbury at full foward then have Polak there!

i think Richmond have shot themselves in the foot saying they are going to promote Polak before Round 1!

Jack was Terry's pimp, used to spot new talent (young boys mainly) for the tanned one.

:lol  :thumbsup  and a few  ;) ;) ;) just to make sure everbody knows I'm not serious.

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2010, 09:00:56 PM »
would be  almost certain that griffiths and astbury wont play rnd 1 because of injuries would like to see one in the team at all times rotating in and out.

this leaves just polak riewoldt and post to choose from. not one of them is a ff.post has been earmarked for the backline but circumstance may see him play fwd rnd 1.
to me i would be tempted to go with gourdis out of the square. i would be trying to clear it out a bit and give him the space to lead into no one is going to catch him on the lead and we dont have a leading type.

i would play post at chf and allow riewoldt to roam the forward line.

now bear with me i would play simmonds as first ruck only option really and MAYBE  look to play polak  in an around the ground rucking role. let simmonds take centre bounces etc. only trouble is carlton may go with 3 ruckmen. perhaps one of browne or vickery on the bench.

the good thing about this is the structure and flexability of the team. if the regular backs struggle moore mcguane  thursfield  one of the bigger sized boys in gourdis or post can go back. if need be polak can float back if or push forward.

one thing for sure carlton will field a tall side. bower jamison thornton possibly austin back. waite henderson possibly kruezer forward  warnock and hampson in ruck  it may be we will try and run em ragged but we need to cover for all contingencies.

i think Polak is not agile enough for the ruck.

i think he should not be promoted nd play Round 1.

he has kicked 2 goals in 3 matches so fair at full forward.

i would have Post at CHF or even FF.

it is not hard kicking it long and high to Post, he is good enough to take contested marks!

i would give Gourdis (who is actually a forward) a shot at full back.

have Gourdis/Thursfield/Moore/McGuane as key FB/CHB.

Post/Riewoldt/Astbury (if fit) as key CHF/FF.

Astbury is a kid, but give him a shot!

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2010, 11:36:57 PM »
Polak should not play. Enough of the charity.

Gus should not play in rd 1 neither should Rance.
Until Rance works on his kicking and uses his feet to kick more often than not as a first option as he is playing football he must not be considered for selection.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2010, 01:41:32 AM »
collins was woeful v the pies, connors is ahead of him at this stage

jackstar is back again

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2010, 09:33:17 AM »
Polak should not play. Enough of the charity.

Gus should not play in rd 1 neither should Rance.
Until Rance works on his kicking and uses his feet to kick more often than not as a first option as he is playing football he must not be considered for selection.

Totally agree :thumbsup

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2010, 09:56:20 AM »
+1.
Polak's done a remarkable job to put himself in contention but IMO Gourdis looks to have more potential which is exactly what rookie placements should be used for. Time to look elsewhere apart from GP. Goo has done the apprenticeship, now let's see what he can do at the next level.