Author Topic: Benny Gale on Footy Classified tonight  (Read 3788 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Benny Gale on Footy Classified tonight
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2010, 03:56:56 AM »
Gale also said regarding our 3-0-75 plan - that he was not embarrassed by it and we will be building up muscle and horsepower in the next 5 years. Without high expectations, there is no outcome.

Garry Lyon said Richmond didn't deserve to have the opening game of the season and it should have been Bulldogs and Collingwood  ::).

he was or wasn't?

:)
Doh!. Yep it's meant to be "wasn't".

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2010, 07:20:47 AM »
Benny implied and ex employee has spoken to Ben.
I wonder if its the same ex employee that Caro catches up with regularly ;)

Clean out your ears Jack and put in all the facts not just what suits your argument

Caro made it very clear IHO that yes she had been told by ex employees but also said some are still there

And to me that is the biggest issue, you cannot do anything about ex employees with an axe to grind but they can and should do something about those who are supposedly still at the club... KICK THEM OUT  :banghead :banghead they are not needed
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

jackstar is back again

« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2010, 08:34:00 AM »

Clean out your ears Jack and put in all the facts not just what suits your argument

Caro made it very clear IHO that yes she had been told by ex employees but also said some are still there

And to me that is the biggest issue, you cannot do anything about ex employees with an axe to grind but they can and should do something about those who are supposedly still at the club... KICK THEM OUT  :banghead :banghead they are not needed

Said that all along.
By the way, seen the sun-tanned one yesterday

TigerTimeII

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2010, 09:13:34 AM »

Said that all along.

poo on him

« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2010, 10:26:35 AM »

Said that all along.

Is he working at all?

'65

jackstar is back again

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2010, 10:33:03 AM »
SEN

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2010, 10:41:44 AM »
SEN

I will have to listen to 3AW or 3LO then.

3Aw might be OK now that Rex has gone.

:lol

Con65

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2010, 10:54:03 AM »
What stations is Spud on?  I need to know to avoid that station....

In the couple of years post Spud...I used to pull what little hair i had left every time Spud would comment about RFC and comment on our "leg speed"...a quality he left us totally bereft of...

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Cousins now a national obsession, say Tigers (WA today)
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2010, 01:31:37 PM »
Cousins now a national obsession, say Tigers
TIM CLARKE
March 23, 2010

The interest in Ben Cousins has become an Australian obsession of hysterical proportions, according to Richmond CEO Brendon Gale.

But the Tigers boss has admitted the ex-Eagles captain has struggled to cope with his tumultuous past while preparing for the new season.

As Cousins attempts to improve his fitness in time for the Tigers' AFL curtain-raiser against Carlton on Thursday, Gale again denied the club has recently addressed the Brownlow medallist about his drinking.

But the former AFLPA boss did hint Cousins had been spoken to by ex-Richmond people about his habits – while revealing he was also confronted about a lack of effort in training before Christmas after a speed bump in his ongoing rehabilitation from drug addiction.

"In my time, no (he has not been warned)," Gale said.

"None of the senior management or senior coaches have sat down and warned Ben about his habits and drinking. If you want to talk about former employees in the last 12 months, that is different.

"All I can say is Ben is one player in our team – an important player – but he has ticked all the boxes with the new coach since I have been there.

"His preparation has been outstanding post-Christmas. Pre-Christmas he had some thumb surgery, and he had a little personal issue.

"He took his eye off the ball for a week or two when the magnitude of the previous years began to affect him.

"That affected his application on the track, the coaches saw a lack of effort, a lack of intensity on the track and that was addressed.

"Since then he has been outstanding, he has not put a foot wrong."

Cousins has been hospitalised twice in recent weeks for a mystery stomach ailment that reportedly caused him severe pain, and cranked up the rumour mill in Perth and Melbourne.

Gale said the focus on the former Eagle had become incessant.

"Clearly outside the club there is an obsession with Ben, and it is an obsession. We understand hat it commands a lot of public interest," Gale told the Nine Network.

"But from our point of view he has taken no more management than any other player.

"The last couple of weeks, given there have been a couple of visits to hospital, it has taken a bit more management.

"But the rumour and innuendo has reached hysterical proportions."

Apparently that rumour speculated Cousins had fled the country on Monday, which Gale said prompted a flood of calls to the club.

"The latest one going around is that Ben has flown the coop, he has jumped on a jumbo and gone overseas. The rumour went around all day – and we put up with this day in, day out," Gale said.

But the Tigers supremo insisted that Cousins was still not taking up too much of the club's focus, saying he had still brought more positives than negatives since his acquisition last year.

"From my point of view, Ben has been terrific and I have really enjoyed watching the practice matches when he is not playing with his instruction, talking them through," Gale said.

"I think he has been impressive, he has got a huge role to play and I think he can bring an enormous amount to Richmond in that department."

http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/afl-news/cousins-now-a-national-obsession-say-tigers-20100323-qrig.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 02:26:38 PM by one-eyed »

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2010, 02:56:17 PM »
cheers OE.

That Wilson is a real snake. Whatever you think of her, she chooses her words that go to print carefully.
Insinuates a lot, but denies "saying that" a lot too.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

tony_montana

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2010, 03:58:06 PM »
cheers OE.

That Wilson is a real snake. Whatever you think of her, she chooses her words that go to print carefully.
Insinuates a lot, but denies "saying that" a lot too.

exactly al! I was saying the exact same thing to my fiance last night as we watched the slippery snake trying to slither her way out of taking any responsibility for the crap she wrote. I showed my better half the article earlier that day and she was literally disgusted at her continual protestations on the show last night.

I also notice with great disgust at the way she shiftily dumbs down the overall debate to little nitpicking on specific insignificant points exclaiming "i never said that" and goes off on a different tangent on that moot point to take away from the real debate which she is often getting slaughtered in. real dog of a reporter but then again aren't they all. Actually reminds me of some of the posters on BF, kings of deflection that can't admit they're wrong  ;D
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 05:17:09 PM by tony_montana »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2010, 05:09:49 PM »
"Sources, sources, don't expect me to reveal my sources". Caro sounded like Richard III searching for a horse (LOL @ the blackadder episode on this  :lol ). She was very narky last night asking stupid questions such as "is the AFLPA job a bludge?" An ironic question coming from footy journos these days  ::). When Grant Thomas is the only one asking sensible questions it doesn't say much for the other 3.

Benny Gale did very well. Handled the petulant questions with ease.

OE missed a bit in his summary when he was interrupted :wallywink. Benny Gale also said we will be spending the next two years getting as many games in to the kids. So the Club has obviously planned 2010-11 as "transformation years". If that's true as it should be we won't be seeing Jordie, Tucky, Kingy and any other experienced Tiger in Y&B this year. They'll be banished to Coburg until they are chopped at the end of the year.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2010, 07:51:40 PM »
Caro didn't say boo about it tonight on 3aw  :whistle

Offline Jacosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • No bish fish, the moon wasnt right.
« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2010, 08:27:51 PM »
People keep saying she is a tigers suppoter, is she really or just a fan of the dried sultana?