Author Topic: Cricket thread  (Read 166379 times)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Cricket thread
« on: November 18, 2004, 09:34:45 AM »
I know for some of us Tiger nuts footy never ends - But today cricket season officially starts in OZ for lets hope another long hot summer.

Starting with the Kiwis in Brissie - How do you all think we'll go

First test win by Aus by  9 wickets - and a 2 tests to Nil victory is my guess  ;)

Against the paki's lets say we might get some rain somewhere and the way it's been in melbourne of late lets hope it's not here  :shh

2 - 0 win against the paki's - ur thought's
A New Zealander, a sheep, and a dog are the survivors of a terrible shipwreck, and they find themselves stranded on a desert island. After being there awhile, they get into a ritual of going to the beach every evening to watch the sun go down. One particular evening the sky was red with beautiful cirrus clouds, the breeze was warm and gentle - a perfect night for romance! Well, that sheep started looking better and better and pretty soon the Kiwi rolled toward the sheep and put his arm around it. The dog was not very happy with this and growled fiercely at him, until he removed his arm from the sheep. They continued to enjoy the sunsets together, but no more cuddling. A few weeks passed by, and low and behold, there was another shipwreck. The only survivor was a beautiful young woman. She was in a pretty bad way when they rescued her and they slowly nursed her back to good health. When she was well enough they introduced her to their evening beach ritual. It was another beautiful evening, red sky, cirrus clouds, warm gentle breeze, perfect for romance, the four of them lying there. The Kiwi started getting 'those' ideas again, so he leaned over toward the girl and said: "Honey, could you take the dog for a walk?"

Sorry - couldn't resist a Kiwi joke  :thumbsup

Online mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Cricket season
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2004, 04:29:35 PM »
An oldie but a goodie CUB  ;D

One paper we should win 2-zip especially with their best bowler Bond out injured but the kiwis always gear themselves up when they play the Aussies. We've made a good start -  NZ 5/152. Kaspowicz 3 wickets.

Pakistan on the other hand are a funny side. Brilliant one match; shocking the next. How they go depends on which turns up. Got the Windies as well for the one-dayers.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Cricket season - Aussies in slight trouble
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2004, 05:37:18 PM »
Aus 4/155 nearing stumps after NZ's tail wagged their score to 353. They always seem to lift against us.

Online mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2004, 06:27:32 PM »
LOL @ McGrath hitting a six and scoring a 50  :o :rollin

Offline harry bosch

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2004, 11:15:41 PM »
thank you ch 9...

Online mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
So much for being unbeatable
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2004, 10:49:40 PM »
Turned on the tv earlier today to see Gilchrist smashing the kiwis all over the park and thinking 300+ easy. Then I just turn on the radio tonight to find out the kiwis winning in the last over  :gobdrop.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2004, 12:21:26 AM »
I was talking about test matches - not the pyjama game - that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.  :cheers

Summer in Melbourne and cricket at the Dome WITH the roof closed - Wats up wif dat  :rollin

That 20/20 Game sounds interesting  :thumbsup

An Aussie journalist was in New Zealand doing stories where he saw a Kiwi
farmer doing unnatural things with a sheep. He approached the Kiwi and
firstly asked, "What sort of sheep is that?" He scribbled down the farmer's
reply - "a Merino". The next question was, "Do you shear them?" The farmer
replied hastily, "No! Go and find yer own!"

Offline Fwoy3

• Un-unRichmondlike
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shut the eff up Jack!
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2004, 12:34:09 AM »
We lsoe the first one dayer every year it seems  :banghead
My parents bought me a Richmond jumper and enrolled me in a junior footy clinic in 1981...look at me now.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2004, 01:34:04 PM »
Well - bored bored bored. Everyone gone at to xmas lunch at work and me left to babysit(time to get out the telly and watch the cricket i spose)

Whats is up with the Kiwis anyhows are they trying to be the new poms (doctoring the pitch to sabatoge Vettori - yeah right  :rollin :lol)

Sitting together on a train, travelling through the Swiss Alps, were a Kiwi, an Australian, a little old Greek lady, and a young blonde Swiss girl.

The train goes into a dark tunnel and a few seconds later there is the sound of a loud slap.

When the train emerges from the tunnel, the Kiwi has a bright red hand print on his cheek.

No one speaks.

The old lady thinks: That Kiwi must have groped the blonde in the dark, and she slapped his cheek.

The blonde thinks: That Kiwi must have tried to grope me in the dark, but missed and fondled the old lady. She slapped his cheek.

The Kiwi thinks: That Australian must have groped the blonde in the dark.
She tried to slap him but missed and got me instead.

The Australian thinks: I can't wait for another tunnel, so I can smack that Kiwi again.

Online mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
First Test - Aus vs Pak
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2004, 06:25:28 PM »
Aus 381

Pak 8/111  :o at Tea.   Kaspar 4 wickets  (Brett who?  ;) ), Warney 3.

Ox

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2004, 04:07:41 PM »
The Australian cricket team makes me embarassed to be an Aussie.
Not because of their skill levels but because of their boganistic approach to a sport that the rest of the world play.

LMAOO@stuffheds like Warne,Gillespie,Ponting.

Self-righteous holes playing the big fish in a very small pond.

I hope Pakistan creams the sons of bitches.

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2004, 07:38:51 PM »
I haven't given a schit about cricket since Dean Jones was shafted from the Aussie team 10 years ago.

froars

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2004, 07:57:55 PM »
I haven't given a schit about cricket since Dean Jones was shafted from the Aussie team 10 years ago.

I have found a cricket soul mate lol.  Exactly why i stopped watching it - and only watch it now if i am having a bet, and usually have money on the opposition.

Luved watching Deano, and at the time was so frustrated to see him get dropped after one bad innings after watching other hacks get carte blanche no matter what their form was like.  They say he was a prick of a guy, but i couldn't have cared less - he was a great cricketer and that's all that should have mattered.

Stuff cricket - it's boring when there's no competition.

Ox

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2004, 10:09:50 PM »

Here,hear!
Dean Jones.
The last of the mohicans

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2004, 01:24:18 AM »
Jones was ten years ahead of his time, especially in terms of the one-day game.

Excitement machine with the best footwork, best innovation in off setting the bowlers, lots of bravado, great fitness, super quickness between the wickets, very good fielder with a great arm.

Was averaging 45 runs an innings whilst the rest of the shmucks in the team were lucky to average over 30. And he did it when it actually meant something, facing the likes of Garner, Walsh, Ambrose, Akram, Younis and Hadlee.

Since then we have seen a bunch of Dean Jones immitators rocking around facing sub standard teams and making a name off it.