Author Topic: What hasn't worked in 2 games and what has?  (Read 383 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
What hasn't worked in 2 games and what has?
« on: April 05, 2010, 12:44:29 AM »
I'm happy for things to be tried and tested and 2 games is no gage as to what we should have in our game plan or not but just noticed some differences from last year some big and some small that have worked and haven't.

My view:

Connors down back / quarter back: Pass
Been super in his first 2 games racked them up over half back, sure has turned the odd ball over that resulted in a goal but plays with a fair bit of guts which I hope stays throughout the majority of his career. With experience he hopefully will mould into a very fine player.

Nahas in midfield: Fail
Too small in height too light in weight and hasn't got the foot skills to accommodate for his physical deficiencies. Should stay close to goal as he did last year, but something may click.

Jackson possession game not run with role: Fail
I love Jackson as a tagger. Has had some big scalps. Its the oppositions win if we have Jackson kicking into the forward half of the ground under pressure. Very suspect kick, stick to handpassing or tagging for mine. Plays with gut but we need to either work harder for him when he has the ball to receive a handpass or not give it to him.

King defensive forward: Fail
Bit harsh maybe out of 1 game but just has no goal sense and is just clogging up space. Same as Jacko just needs to stick to negating and handballing.

Martin in middle: Pass
Warms the heart seeing we've got a draft pick spot on. Breaks the heart seeing the majority of the list being behind in development and skill to a 18 year old.

Edwards small defender: 50-50
I dunno bout this one, its not an east role to play against the crafty forwards especially with the quality and quantity of F50 entrants we have against us. The fact that I'm trying my best to like it suggests that its not a going well seeing as he's been there most of his career. Still a bit to go before the jury is out. Glad to see some extra size on him but still more to go.

3 KP Backman Moore/Thursfield/McGuane: Pass
No harder job then being a defender at Richmond lol. Thursfield beat Hall. McGuane has had 1 great game 1 ok game, does some great things has a crack but lets himself down with bad defensive errors (punching to corridor and keeping balls in play instead of running over the line etc) Moore has been good not as many errors as McGuane but not as strong defensively. Think they've been good as a whole.

Simmonds: Fail
Enough said, sorry Troy.

Feel free to add any others
Go Tigers!

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: What hasn't worked in 2 games and what has?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 01:57:43 AM »
I think that Ben Nason has shown quite a bit of spunk.....just play him every week

Poor old Simmo......If Troy was a racehorse it would be off to the glue factory.
Unleash the tornado